Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ya’ll might be into something with the outer banks. I didn’t realize it included the mid package and the automatic as standard. It’s 5,400 more than the Big Bend but those 2 options alone are probably 4-5K. That 12” screen would be sweet for the wife but I’ll have to build out both and compare what seems to be the best value.
12" Screen is in the high package

I'm thinking that the BD is the best bang for your buck, optional rear lockers, steel bumper, bash plates, vinyl seats, some of those you have to add in on the OBX etc
Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

But Ford stock pays a dividend.... if it stays at 6%, you'll double your money in 12 years.
Unless the share price continues to drop like it has the past 6 years.
Dividend is currently suspended so zero payout.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I assume you can throw 33 inch tires on the stock rims. There is also an aluminum 17 inch wheel upgrade for the Black Diamond. With 33" tires and wheel of choice the BD will look as good as the BL.
Anyone know what these upgraded wheels look like? Im guessing not since the accessories aren't out yet. Id like to see them.

KTP 30

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrak 23 Bas Squatch 93 Mustang 87 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Buying an FE as an investment will probably be more profitable than buying Ford stock.
[/QUOTE Not since they bumped it up to 7000. Bad move in my opion!!

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
12" Screen is in the high package

I'm thinking that the BD is the best bang for your buck, optional rear lockers, steel bumper, bash plates, vinyl seats, some of those you have to add in on the OBX etc
Bad Lands is way over what I’m willing to pay, 42K MSRP + automatic is going to put that vehicle to 45K+ easily. Some of the options you listed are very nice but this is for my wife so it’s more a DD and maybe a weekend getaway if I drive so none of those features are for us.

Anyways you are correct about the 12” screen. I should have been more clear, you get everything the Big Bend gets plus you get access to the upgraded interior options you can’t get in the lower 3 models. So for me if the BB is 33+1,500,+2500 it might be more worth it just to get the better model and pay the extra for the high package as it won’t be a huge difference.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ya’ll might be into something with the outer banks. I didn’t realize it included the mid package and the automatic as standard. It’s 5,400 more than the Big Bend but those 2 options alone are probably 4-5K. That 12” screen would be sweet for the wife but I’ll have to build out both and compare what seems to be the best value.
OB just looks like a soccer mom suv to me.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OB just looks like a soccer mom suv to me.
That’s exactly what it is, a 4X4 capable, fully loaded off road vehicle but it’s for those who value comfort more. The Black diamond is the one for enthusiasts while the base is for those who just want a 4X4 they can mod and the BB is the mod version with more tech. I’m getting Fords scheme now the more i look.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’d say Badlands is best bang for the buck. Especially if you want to be Squatch-like but want to keep a manual.

For me though, I’m guessing that a BaseSquatch 4 Door and 2.7 is my best bang even without really wanting or needing the 35’s. And that is why I reserved a base 4 door.

KingDoggy23

Black Diamond
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Black Diamond is best combination of comfort and capability. Based on estimates from other threads my 4-Door, Cactus Grey, 2.3 Turbo, Soft Top, 7-Spd MT, Vinyl, Aux Switches, Steel Bumpers, Rear Locker, Rock Rails, Bash Plates, Mid Package & AOD 4X4 will list at $42540. This is very reasonable compared to the JLU Wranglers. Can't wait to wail on it!

Sponsored

ColStrik

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I voted for Black Diamond, but I am going with the Badlands...Black Diamond has everything I would NEED, but I prefer the Badlands name and prefer the headlights and grille on Badlands as well. Have the front locker and swaybar disconnect is just extra...I guess I am ready to pay $6k more for a name/badge, lights and a grille...seems dumb, but worth it!!
I'm with you McCraken and have the same thoughts!

Pork-n-Bean

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moon Vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BD = Best Deal

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What I am waiting to determine is if the 2-door BD is really worth $7k more than the Base. Or will the Base be able to come close to or better than the BD using that $7k on Ford and/or AM steel front/rear bumpers, rock rails, upgraded bash plate, aux switches and bigger/better tires? And other accessories or mods.

You still aren't going to have a locking rear diff on the Base at that point so I guess it really comes down to if you're going to be doing the sort of off-roading that requires it.

The BD also includes the Mud/Ruts and Rock Crawl G.O.A.T modes but we don't have a lot of mud here in AZ and since I am getting the MT it already has a Rock Crawl gear.

I personally see no value to the Mid package and the floor plugs and Marine grade seat material aren't factors to me either.

So can I live without a locking rear diff? I guess I still have 4 months to decide.
This

If a locking rear is offered on the Base, the decision is easier, but I suppose this is why it appears they are not offering it.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A Ford engineer said the BD is the best bang for your buck

Skunk Ape

Badlands
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Value means many things. I see it as what gives me the most happiness within reason. Can't afford an H1, for example. Badlands provide certain features not found on any other trim making it an easy decision for me. Rubber floors, marine vinyl seats, and adaptive cruise control via the Lux package which also ensure I get that monster screen. Adding Sasquatch, 2.7L and modular hardtop not unique but welcomed as those are also needed. Miles per smile my goal. I'll find away to afford it. Life too short. I'm not getting younger. I want what I want and that's how I value my choices. :)
Sponsored

Last edited: