First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Now that's it's been a a few years, what's the best Bimini top that can stay on while the hard top comes and goes?
Sponsored

amjump

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Seems like Jtops is the consensus. Those are in the $400 range and I'm wondering if it's really 10x better than the $45 knockoff on Amazon. I'll probably try the cheaper one first and upgrade if it's no good

bronco_billy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Now that's it's been a a few years, what's the best Bimini top that can stay on while the hard top comes and goes?
Jtops for the win! 2 years in and no issues whatsoever.

Cheers!

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone use the Bestop Access Bimi?

Cajun Czar

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone use the Bestop Access Bimi?
I have it and it works pretty good once you get it tight. The one issue I do have is that the center brace is like a 1/8 too short and it slips out of the bracket. I had to jerry-rig some duck tape to keep it in place.
I got it for $75 from somebody who sold their Bronco so no complaints.

Sponsored

Roost

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As mentioned above, similar problems with the middle bow of the Bestop. Bought brand new from Ford dealership. The plastic piece in the bow that the bow bracket slides into was cracked. Horrible metal on metal sound/flapping in the wind. Called Bestop. They said they will not send me a new plastic bow insert as there is no part number. I asked them if they could send me a new bow. They said no as it is integral to the entire top, yet it freely slides in and out of the top. They told me to uninstall and take it back to the dealership… there goes half a day with no certainty of a positive outcome. Seems like a design flaw. Why would a little piece of plastic, about the width of a rubber band, be a fail point? Just sharing my story. Very frustrating.

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As mentioned above, similar problems with the middle bow of the Bestop. Bought brand new from Ford dealership. The plastic piece in the bow that the bow bracket slides into was cracked. Horrible metal on metal sound/flapping in the wind. Called Bestop. They said they will not send me a new plastic bow insert as there is no part number. I asked them if they could send me a new bow. They said no as it is integral to the entire top, yet it freely slides in and out of the top. They told me to uninstall and take it back to the dealership… there goes half a day with no certainty of a positive outcome. Seems like a design flaw. Why would a little piece of plastic, about the width of a rubber band, be a fail point? Just sharing my story. Very frustrating.
Thanks for the input, that is my concern regarding their setup. I've read numerous complaints about the front section with wind flapping, etc.
I looked at the JTops unit which has gotten a lot of good reviews, but I think there setup uses velcro to attach. I am also trying to find something that works with the Bestop sunrider so I can have it underneath that.
I have the sunrider on order (back ordered) and took the freedom panels out last weekend. It was great, but the sun got to be a bit much after a while...

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have it and it works pretty good once you get it tight. The one issue I do have is that the center brace is like a 1/8 too short and it slips out of the bracket. I had to jerry-rig some duck tape to keep it in place.
I got it for $75 from somebody who sold their Bronco so no complaints.
thanks.. maybe they have improved this design by now? Not sure. I called a spoke with a rep, but he did not have a clue...

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends on your needs.. I need something that is rain proof'ish and mesh tops will not cut it for me..

I take my hard top off and leave it off for several months at a time as I keep it stored at an external storage unit.

I went with this option and am very happy with the rain protection it offers..

https://broncobikini.com/

I've had it on, and the hard top off, for a few weeks now and living in the PNW means it rains a lot and almost daily.. No real issues with it. The dash area stays dry and it does not flap at freeway speeds..

You can leave it on when reinstalling the hardtop..

ralexander1211

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrak 4dr, '12 911 GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So with the JTops on a Hardtop - You can't rollback the mesh top because of the bracket that sandwiches in between the top and the frame, right? Or is there a workaround?

Sponsored

Roost

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Update to my earlier reply. Bestop just contacted me as I also posted my story on their Facebook page and included part details/model number etc. there. They said they will now be sending me the part necessary. I’m glad they made it right in the end.

OP
OP

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ordered the jtop one

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The jtops is incredibly well made here in the USA. Durable. Fits tight to the windshield so no stray rays of blinding sun. Quiet. Doesn’t flap around. Easy to get HT on and off. Plus you can custom print it. I love mine. The bestop and others pale IMO. Worth the money if you use it.

IMG_2723.jpeg

IMG_2718.jpeg

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another vote for Jtops. I had the Ford/Bestop version on my 21- man was it terrible. My then 3 year old demanded that I take it off because it flapped so much. The Jtop is a markedly improved design. But it on once and leave it.

Footer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not crazy about the velcro strips you have to run for the Jtop. Seems functional but I don't want that crap on my roll bars. Will be ordering the Bronco Bikini from Dan.
Sponsored