indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nope...if you look at the prototype from 2004, it's pretty much what started it all..it was never the f150 based Bronco ( had a 1979 ), it was always the bobtail gen 1 ...and I think it looks nothing like a jeep
Yep, no one is going to look at the new Bronco and say "hey, look at the Jeep". Wrangler will not be confused with Bronco, other than both having removable tops. Which thank the lord finally we will have at least one other removable top rugged 4x4 on the market.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
After basically staring at this picture for a few hours, here are some of my likes/curiosities.

1. removable top. I think it’s a bit ugly honestly.... but if it allows a multi piece removable top like it appears then hell yes. At least to me it looks like the panels slide in somehow so there may be some sort of rail/guide system to keep things sealed up tight. Good for NVH!

2. Size. I think this is going to make people who wanted the FSB and EB sizeshappy enough. Those who want a tiny 1st gen-esque can get the 2 door, 4-door will be more sized like the FSB with plenty of cargo room.

3. I’m curious what trim level this is. There is no little yellow triangle sticker like the Sport or 2-door clay model. I’m thinking this is either a base model or maybe a slightly more “luxury” trim. All I know is I can’t wait to see the higher trim levels. Just for reference compare a rubicon vs a sport:
Ford Bronco Best Uncovered Looks Yet! Black 4 Door Bronco + 2 Door Without Top 283DC657-8143-4865-91FE-6FDA88FC3F9C

Ford Bronco Best Uncovered Looks Yet! Black 4 Door Bronco + 2 Door Without Top 69C901C7-E7E5-43D6-B954-211F59FD1849

4. I’m curious if these are Ford-orchestrated leaks. Seems kind of suspicious that all of a sudden people are randomly taking pictures of the Bronco after 5 years of keeping everything under wraps. Seems pretty suspicious to me. But if they are orchestrated by Ford... what the hell are they hiding now that they’re OK with pretty “standard” models being captured?

Another part of this that makes no sense: we have been getting pretty consistent “official” leaks on a weekly basis for the past few months.... why has that stopped? No more spy photos or anything. Unless these are the spy photos.

Last edited:

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Rear gate swings open to the side.
Hardtop has a top-hinged glass window that opens with a wiper attached.

Isuzu Amigo soft-top works in the same manner.
Or the Jeep Wrangler

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s so crazy these leaks!! I get off work and I’m combined like 70 pages in all my threads.
Oh well! Looking good! Can’t wait for the full reveal!

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nope...if you look at the prototype from 2004, it's pretty much what started it all..it was never the f150 based Bronco ( had a 1979 ), it was always the bobtail gen 1 ...and I think it looks nothing like a jeep
I agree, but people are dumb it's kinda like any red sports car is either Lamborghini or Ferrari, the silhouette might be similer but that's as far as it gets

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, no one is going to look at the new Bronco and say "hey, look at the Jeep". Wrangler will not be confused with Bronco, other than both having removable tops. Which thank the lord finally we will have at least one other removable top rugged 4x4 on the market.
Only idiots...they said the same thing with the Gen 1 versions...those are the same people who say Walmarts and Pro Bass

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Was just gonna ask the same question would the tail lights be different for different trims ???
Jeep does it on the JL.

Ford Bronco Best Uncovered Looks Yet! Black 4 Door Bronco + 2 Door Without Top 1583905244928

Ford Bronco Best Uncovered Looks Yet! Black 4 Door Bronco + 2 Door Without Top 1583905292457

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree, but people are dumb it's kinda like any red sports car is either Lamborghini or Ferrari, the silhouette might be similer but that's as far as it gets
Agreed

Sponsored

Shane

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser and 2001 F250 SD 4WD 7.3l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My initial thoughts....are we shooting for a Jeep knock off?
I don’t think so. A modern version of the 1st gen Bronco. Obviously Wranglers, and 4 Runners are in the crosshairs, but this is looking like a 1st gen Bronco as far as styling (2dr, no 4 dr then).

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE 4dr (His), '22 Bronco 7MT (Mine)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dang. All this wait and it’s a Jeep. I watched Ford vs Ferrari a few weeks ago. Why do I feel like the Executives got ahold of this project?
Guess I wait a couple of years till they possibly do a F150/F250 frame one in Raptor. Sorry just not a Gen-1 guy.
:rolleyes:Please give it a rest. A lot of the direction of this program has been very obvious to any of you paying attention for many months. Don't rain on everyone else's parade. It's what it needed to be in a modern era.

It gets very tiring coming across nonsensical complaining like this, in what should rather be a mostly positive atmosphere. So many Ford Proud gals and guys have worked on this vehicle the past 5 years, to be getting such empty criticisms like this.

Thankfully this isn't YouTube or IG/FB.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone think the Branco looks similar to the Rivian r1s?...
Only in as much as all 4-door suv's look the same if you cross your eyes enough.

I will do unspeakable things to get the Bronco that looks like this. 4 door though :oops:

Ford Bronco Best Uncovered Looks Yet! Black 4 Door Bronco + 2 Door Without Top 1583905292457
Would love to see it too. Unfortunately I think we'll be limited to base or nearly base model trims until "the day" arrives. As long as we keep learning and seeing new things I guess I can live with that. It would be nice if there was less 'spy' and 'leaker' pretense and Ford just admitted they were doing it themselves.