Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

are they K02s that bad in rain and snow then? I don't want to have to get new rubber right away.
No. People love to rag on 'em, but BFG AT are the benchmark for AT tires. I've generally been using them as replacement tires for 40 years. They are exceptional. We live at 9000 ft, and plenty of snow/wet.

I have used Cooper AT3 which I think are their equal, and several others that didn't even come close (Pirelli, Michelin, Wrangler and Firestone).

I suspect Wildpeaks are good too, but haven't had the opportunity.

TCC

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX -> WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Been running 315 KO2’s on my Bronco since new. Have 8500+ miles now. Great tire, low noise, comfortable ride, never been stuck or had a problem in rain. Best of all, I’m getting 23-24 mpg ave In mixed driving. Have them on my Jeep also.

Sponsored

Cobrafang

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does it come in 37”? FLEXES. LOL

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wasn’t crazy about the ride of the Ko2 on my ‘15 F150 - Very Harsh, clogged in wet southeastern sticky clay mud and no treadwear warranty. Tried the Wildpeak’s as soon as they launched and couldn’t keep balanced. Sold both sets used. Went with Toyo owned Nitto and the Terra Grappler G2, slightly noisier than Ko2 and Wildtrak but smooth and if you put in lots of highway miles has solid 50 or 65k warranty. No issues in varied light terrain and wet conditions. Also deep siping that doesn’t disappear with treadwear. Just my experiences.be interested if the new KO3 addresses some of these areas.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No. People love to rag on 'em, but BFG AT are the benchmark for AT tires. I've generally been using them as replacement tires for 40 years. They are exceptional. We live at 9000 ft, and plenty of snow/wet.

I have used Cooper AT3 which I think are their equal, and several others that didn't even come close (Pirelli, Michelin, Wrangler and Firestone).

I suspect Wildpeaks are good too, but haven't had the opportunity.
I’m not doubting your personal experience since I’m sure they worked great for you. But I think it’s a stretch to argue the KO2 is a gold standard AT tire in 2022 since the design is pretty dated.

When looking for an AT tire for my Outer Banks, I shopped Grabbers, Wildpeaks, and Open Country tires. Been happy with my set of Toyos but only hear good things about Falkens too.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've never had an issue in the snow.
I have not had a problem either with my KO2s in the snow... I am very happy with them.

When it comes to rain (we have been dumped on in Portland the past week), in 2H the KO2s spin pretty easily especially around corners, but in 4A, no spin at all.

Sponsored

Jbou1010

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have Ko2s on my F350 right now and I feel like they are pretty darn good in the snow, for an A/T tire. Up there with the Wildpeaks for snow performance.
I have 37" ko2 on my bronco and zero rain issues

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

are they K02s that bad in rain and snow then? I don't want to have to get new rubber right away.
KO2’s absolutely suck in snow.

The only time I wrecked a vehicle in my 40 years of driving in Montana winters I was on KO2’s.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Mickey Thompson BAJA BOSS A/T is absolutely the new GOLD STANDARD in A/T tires..

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Mickey Thompson BAJA BOSS A/T is absolutely the new GOLD STANDARD in A/T tires..
They look badass, my buddy has 275/60/20 on a 2” level and they definitely run big for their spec. . I think they are the only tire heavier than wildpeaks though.
Sponsored