Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wonder if the brake differential lock changes between the modes at all.

Aka when each corner's brake is engaged to mimic a locker.

Toyota's do this.
I have wondered this as well. My son's Toyota uses traction control very agressively. Since I don't have the front locker this knowledge would be good to know. The OM states to try Sand mode if stuck, I'm wondering does Sand enhance traction control as stated in the chart?

The OM also states Traction Control is disabled in 4L. I swear I've heard the telltale ABS racket when the front end looses traction in 4L, anyone else notice this?
Sponsored

BlueWaffle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco, and a trio of 80s GM's.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The OM also states Traction Control is disabled in 4L. I swear I've heard the telltale ABS racket when the front end looses traction in 4L, anyone else notice this?

I have not.

mj63

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have wondered this as well. My son's Toyota uses traction control very agressively. Since I don't have the front locker this knowledge would be good to know. The OM states to try Sand mode if stuck, I'm wondering does Sand enhance traction control as stated in the chart?

I would guess that the engine side of traction control is disabled in 4L, but the brake side is still active (i.e. to help if you don't have lockers where/when you really want them).
Sponsored