Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Little guy here -6’7” 230lbs- I sat in the preproduction overland rig and the only issue for me was the visibility from the roofline. Alas I have that issue with most vehicles. Other than that I had no issue with the manual seats all the way back. Granted I sat in it for 30 seconds or so.

I’m sure road trips and off roading will change things a bit but only time in the vehicle will tell.

Question for you tall guys who are getting the MIC roof, did you add on the free noise deadening headliner or no?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Halfsmoke00

Halfsmoke00

Base
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At 5'5" and 200 lbs I cant even imagine what is like to run into the b-pillar when sitting in a vehicle.

Sometimes I wish I was taller, then I see things like this and I'm ok with it.
Low hanging ceiling fans are also a concern, lol.

I think I sat in the same FE. I’m 6’2” 235lbs and I felt comfortable in it. An interesting thing I noticed was it was not as high as I expected. I was able to just put my leg in and slide into the seat like a normal vehicle. My wife and daughter both 5’5” had to climb in a bit but it wasn’t too difficult. I was planning on getting rock rails with small steps built in but now I don’t think I need them. On my stock F150 4x4 XLT Sport I definitely need to climb into it using the grab handle and side step, so the Bronco is definitely not that high. The positioning on the Bronco was nice, like a sports car where your feet are more in front of you as opposed to sitting in a chair. It reminded me of my 4runners positioning that also had pretty good stock ground clearance.

They said the cactus gray FE 4 door was vin#001, but Ford also said the Barrett-Jackson auction placeholder was Vin #001 and it was a 2 door lightning blue.
I thought it was going to be higher too, not big difference from the un-squatched Outer Banks. Same with my wife, its nice not having the immediate need and expense of getting tube steps. I actually wish it was more chair like, but at least it's not as bad as sitting on the floor board in a Toyota. VIN #001 and this "1 of 7000" are 2 different Broncos.

Maybe @JAGSarge can find a technicality to get you in. ;)
It has to be earned, it's not a silly oscar afterall, lol.

So those are 32”s?

min 6’4” also, and my base will be shorter... I don’t remember being able to see over my wranglers like it looks like u can on this
32"s, the tires or my pants? Lol. Tires are 35" and my inseam on these pants are 30" because they didn't have 32s.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

VIN #001 and this "1 of 7000" are 2 different Broncos.
I didn’t look into this too deep, but the Barrett Jackson auction was for a First Edition, Vin#001, first of 7000 produced. They are also calling this cactus gray 4 door FE Vin #001 and #1 of 7000. For these to both be true, then this cactus gray FE is the the actual auction winners car. I’d be pretty pissed spending over a million $ and them demoing it first. The Ford guys running the show were the ones mentioning it was thee official #1 of 7000.

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry this didn't make it in my above response. I need it raised for leg support to prevent joint pain in my hips, knees, and ankles. The best way to describe it is to sit at a short kiddy table without being able to move your feet and legs, that's what long trips feel like to me in most modern vehicles. The picture of me sitting in the drivers seat is with it adjusted, I really couldn't easily get into it without the seat all the way back.. Also, the newer power seats have silly adjustment characteristics. There is no straight up or down, back & down and forward & up are it(not to be confused with just the normal front and back adjustment). Its kinda like the power assist chairs that help the elderly stand up, as it goes up it feels like it's dumping you forward out of a chair. And no booster seat should be needed unless you're a real midget/little person (not sure how to tactfully say that), seemed like plenty of adjustment for those under 6 feet tall.
Appreciate the feedback. I'm just hoping the manual seats can be raised without the tilt forward. I prefer to sit high not for comfort, but I like to look down over the hood and not out over the hood. I'm normal height 6' so there should be plenty of head clearance as I boost my seat.

LOSTXGOLD

Base
First Name
TEO
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lostgoldx.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAV4, past: 2013 BMW 328i, 370Z, XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the write up!

My gf has a 2020 Jeep Sahara, and I really do enjoy the driving position. It’s on stock 32s, so going to 35s will be fun. I had a XJ in 35s with a 6inch lift, so I’m ready!

I’m 5’9 & 220lbs

D1567B4B-D0CC-45F0-AC96-BE2B907A9FC0.jpeg

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Little guy here -6’7” 230lbs- I sat in the preproduction overland rig and the only issue for me was the visibility from the roofline. Alas I have that issue with most vehicles. Other than that I had no issue with the manual seats all the way back. Granted I sat in it for 30 seconds or so.

I’m sure road trips and off roading will change things a bit but only time in the vehicle will tell.

Question for you tall guys who are getting the MIC roof, did you add on the free noise deadening headliner or no?
I would say take the free headliner and remove it if it gets in the way. Not sure how hard it is to remove.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Only 6'3" here 😂, but I took it. It looks more like a regular liner to me rather than something like on a lot of Jeeps. I don't think it'll impact head space at all.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I thought it was going to be higher too, not big difference from the un-squatched Outer Banks. Same with my wife, its nice not having the immediate need and expense of getting tube steps. I actually wish it was more chair like, but at least it's not as bad as sitting on the floor board in a Toyota. VIN #001 and this "1 of 7000" are 2 different Broncos.

32"s, the tires or my pants? Lol. Tires are 35" and my inseam on these pants are 30" because they didn't have 32s.
Great pics and review but for the record this First Edition Bronco, that I personally sat in and viewed on March 16th, is a pre production not for sale Bronco reguardless of what anyone at Hines Park Ford told you. First off regular production hasn't officially kicked off, they are still tweaking the assembly line. Second, all First Editions will be individually numbered, Not 1 of 7000. It is a beautiful truck and I am very excited to get my 2-door First Edition later this year :)

Ford Bronco Big & Tall ( 6’4" / 350 lb) review and pics of Bronco First Edition 4-Door D1567B4B-D0CC-45F0-AC96-BE2B907A9FC0
there will be 1-1 of 7000.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I didn’t look into this too deep, but the Barrett Jackson auction was for a First Edition, Vin#001, first of 7000 produced. They are also calling this cactus gray 4 door FE Vin #001 and #1 of 7000. For these to both be true, then this cactus gray FE is the the actual auction winners car. I’d be pretty pissed spending over a million $ and them demoing it first. The Ford guys running the show were the ones mentioning it was thee official #1 of 7000.
They're either blowing smoke or misinformed. A lot of the FE pics I've seen have the #1 plate. Plus, I don't think Ford would screw over an auction winner with the proceeds going to charity lol

IARubicon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not the same, I know, but just sat in a Ranger SuperCrew, since it has the same frame. I'm 6'5, 270. It's basically the same as my JLUR, but no one is going to be buying it because there's "so much more room" than a Wrangler. Other factors will have to come into play.

Just for kicks, I went and sat in a new F150 (being curious about the new F150 Tremor coming out this summer). So much more massive and imposing. No contest.

Sponsored

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm 6'5" 230lbs. No, I did not add the headliner. My buddy has been driving a Wrangler for years with a hard top and no liner and tells me it just fine without one.

I decided to wait and see what I want/like/need later.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Oh no I meant the tires, I didn’t recognize those as sas wheels 🤦‍♀️

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not the same, I know, but just sat in a Ranger SuperCrew, since it has the same frame. I'm 6'5, 270. It's basically the same as my JLUR, but no one is going to be buying it because there's "so much more room" than a Wrangler. Other factors will have to come into play.

Just for kicks, I went and sat in a new F150 (being curious about the new F150 Tremor coming out this summer). So much more massive and imposing. No contest.
It doesn’t have noticeable more room compared to a wrangler? I would have thought it did.

but again I’ve only owned three TJs and only drove a jk like 13 years ago once so hopefully the tj is fresher in my mind so it’ll feel pretty big. But tjs are snug!!

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Righteous review!

This pic above is one I've been waiting someone to post up. This spot right here is almost always a issue in every vehicle I've ever driven. I'm 6'5" and my knee is always dangerously close or touching. This is one of the main reasons I'm dying to sit in one. I do tend to just slam the seat as far back on the slider as it goes since I have a taller torso, thus longer arms so it's more comfortable but I'm still curious how it'll be.
Sponsored