Sponsored

Bike rack / bicycle carrier options for 2021 Bronco?

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks awesome but unfortunately it doesn't look like they make a 4 bike configuration.
1up does support 4 bike configurations. It's done with adding extensions to the 2 bike racks. Not cheap but super high quality and the super duty racks can handle some seriously heavy bikes..
Sponsored

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks awesome but unfortunately it doesn't look like they make a 4 bike configuration.
Yes they do. Get a heavy duty double rack and add 2 add-ons. Check out this page from their web site:

https://www.1up-usa.com/product/super-duty-rack-add-on/

It says, “The single-rack carriers are rated for up to three bikes max and the double-rack carriers are rated for up to four bikes max (50–75 lb.”

I have had a 1up rack for about 8 years. They are a bit pricey but worth it. Made in USA, all metal, very high quality, and very well thought out. I have a heavy duty single and add an add-on when needed. I’m using it on a 4Runner that doesn’t have a spare on the back so I don’t need the set up shown in the video. But after I get the Bronco (who knows when?) I will have exactly what the video shows.

Good luck, no matter what you decide.

Tony Badlands

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes they do. Get a heavy duty double rack and add 2 add-ons. Check out this page from their web site:

https://www.1up-usa.com/product/super-duty-rack-add-on/

It says, “The single-rack carriers are rated for up to three bikes max and the double-rack carriers are rated for up to four bikes max (50–75 lb.”

I have had a 1up rack for about 8 years. They are a bit pricey but worth it. Made in USA, all metal, very high quality, and very well thought out. I have a heavy duty single and add an add-on when needed. I’m using it on a 4Runner that doesn’t have a spare on the back so I don’t need the set up shown in the video. But after I get the Bronco (who knows when?) I will have exactly what the video shows.

Good luck, no matter what you decide.
Ok thanks for the link. Yeah that is a hard bill to swallow. My Velocirax arrived today. If that doesn't work out, I'll give this some serious consideration.

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are there any bike racks that attach to the wheels that have a backup camera? I’ve been only able to find the ones that strap around the tire.

Sponsored

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone been able to confirm what extension length(if required) is needed for a Thule T2 Pro to clear a SAS spare?

jimwalston

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition 2017 STI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I really like the look and function of the https://www.velocirax.com/
Great for large families for sure..
I currently have a tilt down Thule tray style two bike. My brother likes his 1up.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone bought the Rockymounts Backstage? I just ordered it. Seems like a no brainer, the swing out function is very important to me, otherwise I may have considered some cheaper options. I am pretty sure I will need a hitch extension in order to fit the bikes behind the spare, but I want to use the shortest extension possible.

If anyone knows what that is, great! If not, i'll figure it out eventually and let you know.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's the latest on what everyone is going with? Looking to pick up a 2 bike rack for our full suspension enduro bikes. I was leaning toward the spare tire mounted rack for stability and heading into the back country with the bikes, questioning if that's a good idea with a 35" already hanging there.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's the latest on what everyone is going with? Looking to pick up a 2 bike rack for our full suspension enduro bikes. I was leaning toward the spare tire mounted rack for stability and heading into the back country with the bikes, questioning if that's a good idea with a 35" already hanging there.
I think you are looking for what I was looking for. (though I only have the 33's) I have an initial review here:
Rockymounts BackStage 2: Initial Thoughts | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

I just finished too road trips, Boyne Highlands and Marquette/Copper Harbor so I need to update my review but overall I am very pleased with it. It handles rough roads just fine, as for legit wheeling, I think I would like to strap the rack up to the bumper or something to help relieve the sway/rocking forces, but its probably better to be mainly in the hitch than on the spare.

Sponsored

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you are looking for what I was looking for. (though I only have the 33's) I have an initial review here:
Rockymounts BackStage 2: Initial Thoughts | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

I just finished too road trips, Boyne Highlands and Marquette/Copper Harbor so I need to update my review but overall I am very pleased with it. It handles rough roads just fine, as for legit wheeling, I think I would like to strap the rack up to the bumper or something to help relieve the sway/rocking forces, but its probably better to be mainly in the hitch than on the spare.
Awesome, thanks for the link and the writeup! This looks like the way to go and I like the idea of using behind a small travel trailer (we plan to get one). The primary reason was to go mountain biking with my son, however I just noticed "Not for use with fender equipped bikes" as I was about to add to cart. My wife also plans to use my Bronco to go topless (heh, soft top down) to take her cruiser out (I made that deal long ago), it has full fenders. Guess this is more complicated than I expected.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome, thanks for the link and the writeup! This looks like the way to go and I like the idea of using behind a small travel trailer (we plan to get one). The primary reason was to go mountain biking with my son, however I just noticed "Not for use with fender equipped bikes" as I was about to add to cart. My wife also plans to use my Bronco to go topless (heh, soft top down) to take her cruiser out (I made that deal long ago), it has full fenders. Guess this is more complicated than I expected.
I think you could use it with a fender bike, its better to engage the tire to help keep it from rotating but if you at least pull the arm down against the fork and the fender it shouldn't go anywhere. The rear tire also has a strap to help keep the bike from rolling forward off the mount.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found pics of our exact bikes online. Guess it'll come down to whatever 2-bike rack can hold these then add a swing out. Similar bikes for our son and daughter, any combo of the 4. The cruisers are heavy, long, awkward and pain to keep from getting scratched up, wish the ladies road mountain bikes like a normal person. :LOL:

Ford Bronco Bike rack / bicycle carrier options for 2021 Bronco? 85d22f3d8084bfe5079c54d8761415c6
Ford Bronco Bike rack / bicycle carrier options for 2021 Bronco? spesh-enduro-comp29-01-1524571309757-1j5vvs3oox4qa-ef845cb

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wish the ladies road mountain bikes like a normal person. :LOL:
Get them some entry level hard tail MTB's! Not only could they tag along on some of the easier trails, you might save some headache picking out a good bike rack and save some weight too!

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get them some entry level hard tail MTB's! Not only could they tag along on some of the easier trails, you might save some headache picking out a good bike rack and save some weight too!
I would lose that battle, no doubt about it. Easier for me to get a cruiser bike and 2 bike racks before messing with her bike! Thanks again! I'll post back what I get, I'll have it sorted before my build arrives.
Sponsored