98infinity

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150, 20 Road King, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve watched the video several times but my phone call into Eibach proved to me these aren’t yet ready for Overlanding heavy vehicles
Why do you think they aren't yet ready for overlanding
Sponsored

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why do you think they aren't yet ready for overlanding
the rear springs aren't rated for extra weight generally carried by Overlanders (heavy bumpers, rack, roof top tent, fridge, gear, etc etc. I'm sure they'd be fine for OEM vehicles overlanding w minimal weight addition.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

the rear springs aren't rated for extra weight generally carried by Overlanders (heavy bumpers, rack, roof top tent, fridge, gear, etc etc. I'm sure they'd be fine for OEM vehicles overlanding w minimal weight addition.
How about the Fronts? I feel like the front suspension is more critical because of the steering geometry and such.

The rear suspension you can literally put spacers because there's nothing that it would hurt back there.

I don't have an RTT yet, but the rest of my rig is basically built. I may even go down today and find a weigh station and see where I'm at. I know that my rear is down 1" and my front 1.5" from factory (Sasquatch)

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How about the Fronts? I feel like the front suspension is more critical because of the steering geometry and such.

The rear suspension you can literally put spacers because there's nothing that it would hurt back there.

I don't have an RTT yet, but the rest of my rig is basically built. I may even go down today and find a weigh station and see where I'm at. I know that my rear is down 1" and my front 1.5" from factory (Sasquatch)
I met a guy 2 weeks ago with a Wildtrak in 37s running Eibach coils. I said it looks kinda tight up front and he said yeah AND his coil adjustment is maxed out. I was shocked. And he did have an aftermarket front bumper but not super heavy one. He also had the JKS kit installed. The only suggestion I made was add spacers cuz he’s still using the +30mm offset OEM wheels.

39EC1D2A-0D44-4CBE-B000-886B347E6E49.jpeg

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I met a guy 2 weeks ago with a Wildtrak in 37s running Eibach coils. I said it looks kinda tight up front and he said yeah AND his coil adjustment is maxed out. I was shocked. And he did have an aftermarket front bumper but not super heavy one. He also had the JKS kit installed. The only suggestion I made was add spacers cuz he’s still using the +30mm offset OEM wheels.

Ford Bronco Bilstein 6100 vs OEM Kits 39EC1D2A-0D44-4CBE-B000-886B347E6E49
That sucks. I'm probably going to give it some time, maybe talk to some folks and see. I mean I know people do a lot of things just to gain a little bit of ground clearance, but to me...1" lower isn't enought to spend 2k :)

Sponsored

Superstition

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon unlimited tricked out
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone hear if the Eibach heavier rear springs have made it to market? Been almost a year since there was activity on this thread and I'm hoping Eibach released it during this time. I don't really see it on their website?

I'm deep into an overlanding build and have added a lot of rear weight losing 1.5" from stock ride height on a BL SAS 2.6 4 door on 35's. Rear is now 1/2" lower than the stock front, but I'm about to add an aftermarket bumper and winch which will get it close to leveled it out, or more likely with a front end slightly down rake. Problem is .... I need more clearance under the rig. I'm banging up the cross members on each side of the transfer case. They sit pretty low now (10.75" ground clearance now without aftermarket front bumper and winch). So, I need to at least get back to stock ride height +0.5" to 1" or so to go where I used to go with my Rubicon on 35's. I'd prefer to stay with 35's, rather than go to 37's, but I'm not hard over on that. I might add aftermarket upper control arms anyway to allow a bit more articulation.

I'm open to other thoughts on how to accomplish this build goal. The Eibach's are really attractive for performance and price for an overlanding build, and ride height adjustability without removing the coil overs is a HUGE plus. It's hard to imagine getting the ride height and rake perfect on the first shot, and removing the coil overs to adjust is a huge PIA.
Ford Bronco Bilstein 6100 vs OEM Kits 20240328_175407
Pic of the build as it stands now.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is where you could use a puck lift or perch lift in the rear to get some of the ride height back cheaply. If your goal is restore the leveling of the vehicle, that's a simple and cheap way to accomplish it.

The Eibach pro-truck 2.0 is easy, because you could drop the front to match the back as needed, if you max out the lift in the rear.

Personally, I purchased the Eibach Pro-Truck 2.0 kit because it was $900 for all 4, and that's a hard deal to beat.

Last edited:

BoverW

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is where you could use a puck lift or perch lift in the back to get some of the ride height back cheaply. If your goal is restore the leveling of the vehicle, that's a simple and cheap way to accomplish it.

The Eibach pro-truck 2.0 is easy, because you could drop the front to match the back as needed, if you max out the lift in the rear.

Personally, I purchased the Eibach Pro-Truck 2.0 kit because it was $900 for all 4, and that's a hard deal to beat.
900?!

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

Superstition

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is where you could use a puck lift or perch lift in the back to get some of the ride height back cheaply. If your goal is restore the leveling of the vehicle, that's a simple and cheap way to accomplish it.

Wowsa! I'd jump on that deal too if it crossed my path. Huge congrats!

Really good point on a small puck in the back. I have no doubt that the Eibach adjustability will allow me to level it out. I just want it leveled (well ... with a small forward rake) with a bit more ground clearance than the stock SAS. A lot of feedback I've read here from Eibach customers is that you don't get the amount of lift they advertise. Perhaps that's because of vehicle weight? I know in my case, I'd never get what they advertise, but getting some lift above stock would be terrific. If it's touch and go, then going to 37's would grab an inch.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wowsa! I'd jump on that deal too if it crossed my path. Huge congrats!

Really good point on a small puck in the back. I have no doubt that the Eibach adjustability will allow me to level it out. I just want it leveled (well ... with a small forward rake) with a bit more ground clearance than the stock SAS. A lot of feedback I've read here from Eibach customers is that you don't get the amount of lift they advertise. Perhaps that's because of vehicle weight? I know in my case, I'd never get what they advertise, but getting some lift above stock would be terrific. If it's touch and go, then going to 37's would grab an inch.
Personally I am trying to still decide whether I am going to 35's or 37's, but this is my OBX on 33.5" tires and non-sasquatch Bilstein's. As far as weight, my Bronco started off at 4416 pounds as delivered, probably closer to 4750 now.

Ford Bronco Bilstein 6100 vs OEM Kits Screenshot_20240312-101114

Ford Bronco Bilstein 6100 vs OEM Kits IMG_20221006_185615

I am pretty sure that can already run 35's as is, I have a ton of room under there. I have the Eibach's and a 2" body lift waiting at home to be installed, but life is on hold until my father gets out of the hospital.

Last edited:

Superstition

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally I am trying to still decide whether I am going to 35's or 37's, but this is my OBX on 33.5" tires and non-sasquatch Bilstein's. As far as weight, my Bronco started off at 4416 pounds as delivered, probably closer to 4750 now.

I am pretty sure that can already run 35's as is, I have a ton of room under there. I have the Eibach's and a 2" body lift waiting at home to be installed, but life is on hold until my father gets out of the hospital.
That's one beautiful rig! I like the carb grey on black. Nice subtle accents. Hidden winch is tucked in there nicely too. Such a clean look! I hope your Dad improves soon. Mine passed away last year just before I got my Bronco :(

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's one beautiful rig! I like the carb grey on black. Nice subtle accents. Hidden winch is tucked in there nicely too. Such a clean look! I hope your Dad improves soon. Mine passed away last year just before I got my Bronco :(
Sorry to hear that, my dad is a fan of all vehicles, but hasn't been in the Bronco yet. As far as the look, exactly what I was going for, highway stealth. I typically act the fool behind the wheel - this combination keeps me off the radar in more ways than one.
Sponsored