Sponsored

Bimini Mesh Top Comparison Showdown: Help!

JTop, Bestop, or Rough Country Bimini Mesh?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thestralcowboy

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With Bestop, Jtop and Rough Country Bimini Mesh Shades coming in at vastly different price points, I want to know if anyone has had good or bad experiences installing/using the four door mesh from these companies? I will have a stock soft top (for now) when my Bronco arrives.

Which do you prefer, and why?? Also: Iā€™d love to hear these three companies chime in if theyā€™re listening.

Links are below.

Shop Ford Bronco | JTopsUSA

https://www.roughcountry.com/rc-ford-bronco-mesh-bikini-top-85116.html

Safari Bimini Ford 2021-2022 Bronco - Bestop | Leading Supplier of Jeep Tops & Accessories
Sponsored

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Love the coverage of my titanium jtop. It made the backseats infinitely better for the kids from a wind and shade perspective. Weā€™ve used it a ton this summer and I am very glad we bought it. Have had annoying problems with the Velcro but am just going to redo it.

I personally wouldnā€™t consider any of the super cheapies with huge gaps everywhere.

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SenecaBowser

Badlands
First Name
Goose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the rough country is not perfect, but i still like it, it is great for us. the two front clips above the aux switches never stayed in but they are also redundant and not needed to keep it tight.

i have made several "dumb / educational" purchases already on my bronco and this was not one of them; i am happy with our RC bimini cover.

it made a world of difference for my kids here in Texas

BeachShredder

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG c63s, Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with the GearShade, it was an easy install, tight, and I like I can close the soft top without disconnecting the bungees.

With that being said, I wish the fiber density was a little thicker than it is for more sun protection. I ran the AlienShade on my Jeep for years and it may have the best one I have ever used. Not to mention a great warranty and it was only about $75. Provides great shade and super tight install. They are releasing their version for the Bronco this fall. I will take a look at theirs as soon as it comes out.

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Bestop Bimini shade that I got from Ford Accessories. It fits excellent but after a few days, one of the rear attachment hooks came apart. It uses straps similar to a backpack and the plastic hooks are sewn on. The stitching came off and the strap loosened up and now its loose.

Going to see if the piece can be super glued back together.

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just want a solid non-mesh option, without tools would be a bonus, but as long as it's quick and gives decent protection in rain.

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With Bestop, Jtop and Rough Country Bimini Mesh Shades coming in at vastly different price points, I want to know if anyone has had good or bad experiences installing/using the four door mesh from these companies? I will have a stock soft top (for now) when my Bronco arrives.

Which do you prefer, and why?? Also: Iā€™d love to hear these three companies chime in if theyā€™re listening.

Links are below.

Shop Ford Bronco | JTopsUSA

https://www.roughcountry.com/rc-ford-bronco-mesh-bikini-top-85116.html

Safari Bimini Ford 2021-2022 Bronco - Bestop | Leading Supplier of Jeep Tops & Accessories
We are listening! Thatā€™s the most important part of our products.

Our products are more than a piece of mesh stretched on with inexpensive bungees or .10 cent buckle.

Every component is chosen for durability and functionality regardless of cost. Just the 16 neodymium magnets used for alignment cost more than all the raw materials in the competition. We think outside the box when it comes to design. Whatā€™s the sense of a shade if it has larg gaps that let in sun and wind. Isnā€™t the idea to keep it out?

Competitors are important and we respect them all. They may even have the solution your looking for. But we donā€™t design products based on what someone else does. We base our designs on feedback from customers. Eight years and
mounds of data from 20,000 plus Jeep customers has taught us a lot about functionality, durability and use.

Being first to market is never a goal. Being best to market drives every decision!

We are listening and available to help 7 days a week! Customer service is rule number one! We are far from perfect and have a lot to leabut we sure do try hard.

Thanks for the opportunity to reply.

Mike Matras and the JTopsUSA team.

Made in the USA since 2014

Ford Bronco Bimini Mesh Top Comparison Showdown: Help! 6D26CBDD-D3DC-49D0-A37B-10103260FF6D
Ford Bronco Bimini Mesh Top Comparison Showdown: Help! C4EFD1ED-A8B2-4173-ABD5-7A2CFE13A72A
Ford Bronco Bimini Mesh Top Comparison Showdown: Help! 9EA4CAB7-150E-4452-B34C-CCF66FD2148C

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Bestop Bimini Mesh under my soft top. I am skeptical that the snaps you constantly have to connect and disconnect at the front will hold up over time. Past that its generally stayed in place find and the crossbar it adds is imperceptible to me. I don't like re-buying things, so I won't replace it until it breaks and if I do I'll probably go with Jtop.

Sponsored

5.0Maverick

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 maverick.
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do rough countryā€™s fit on two doors?

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Love the coverage of my titanium jtop. It made the backseats infinitely better for the kids from a wind and shade perspective. Weā€™ve used it a ton this summer and I am very glad we bought it. Have had annoying problems with the Velcro but am just going to redo it.

I personally wouldnā€™t consider any of the super cheapies with huge gaps everywhere.
I have the JTops titanium as well, and am very happy with it.
I initially had issues with the velcro as well (partly my fault, and partly because it's stupid hot in Texas), but JTops were quick to assist, and sent me replacement velcro, adhesion promoter, and some additional magnets (all of which I believe they now include with every order).
I can't knock any of the others, since I haven't tried them, but I think JTops design/quality/customer service are going to be hard to beat.

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a JTop in my JLU and really like it. Besides the quality and coverage, one aspect that I highly prefer is how the design maintains a position at the top level of the rollcage. Many of the bungee-tight designs are they sit about mid-level of the rollcage thickness. Put another way, I have an additional 1-2in of headroom with the JTops in my Jeep compared to the Alien or Spiderweb versions that use bungees.

I'm not entirely sure if that's a similar story with the Bronco versions, but given there's no b-pillar crossbar in the bronco I highly suspect that sag will be an issue to be aware of.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Gear Shade FTW.

Iā€™d rather not stick a bunch of Velcro all over my nice paint. Bungee balls are quick, easy, and clean, and if they break, you can get replacements on Amazon that are super cheap and actually stronger than the original ones. By the way, Velcro wears out, too. And when you have to replace 20ā€™ of sticky-back Velcro thatā€™s been baking in the sun for a few years, have fun with thatā€¦

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a JTop in my JLU and really like it. Besides the quality and coverage, one aspect that I highly prefer is how the design maintains a position at the top level of the rollcage. Many of the bungee-tight designs are they sit about mid-level of the rollcage thickness. Put another way, I have an additional 1-2in of headroom with the JTops in my Jeep compared to the Alien or Spiderweb versions that use bungees.

I'm not entirely sure if that's a similar story with the Bronco versions, but given there's no b-pillar crossbar in the bronco I highly suspect that sag will be an issue to be aware of.
Sag is not an issue because the entire edge is fixed to the roll cage. Mike
Ford Bronco Bimini Mesh Top Comparison Showdown: Help! C62AA67B-04A2-4466-A91E-66C5A877631B
Sponsored