First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s the vinyl and rubber floors that keeps me at black diamond.
right and as much as i'd like the 12" screen, i don't need the fancy 4x4 or bilstein shocks or front locker in the badlands (if the "basic" shocks are anything like the Ranger FX4 package then it's more than enough for what i do). so the price to get that 12" screen on a bronco with vinyl seats is just not worth it to me.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Question:
Can I assume that the BD will also come with the tow package or is that a separate order item ?
Even the Ranger did not come with tow package as standard. Assuming the same thing here with Bronco. Especially as it's (Bronco) tow rating is a very pedestrian class II receiver.

This is actually quite important as there are so many different options out there that it's not as "one sized fits all" as we had imagined when ordering the Ranger.

Folks with the Sasquatch will need 6" or more drop-hitches unless they have some crazy custom trailer made that's quite small (under the 3,500 lb mark) with a hitch up about 30" off the ground! :ROFLMAO:

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The final black diamond will have blue highlights- looks pretty nice.
Do you think that is similar to what they are showing for the sport?

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any idea what the difference is between the high clearance suspension and the suspension that comes with the Sasquatch package? Or are they the same?
On the ford website under the black diamond power and handling they have high clearance suspension listed as an option.
Then of course you can get the Sasquatch package as an option.
So is the high clearance suspension what comes with the Sasquatch package?
Can you get the high clearance suspension without Sasquatch?

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2-Door Black Diamond for me so I can have the vinyl. I had that in my old Ford Ranger Edge and it was by far the best interior, in looks and ease of care. The Mid Package is probably a go for me too, and if i do anything to wheels/tires that'll be aftermarket at much lower tag.

Velocity Blue would be great. I had high hopes for Area 51 and Antimatter Blue, but as it stands after seeing the current choices on vehicles or swatches, I'm leaning towards white or carbonized grey

Edit: I'll be going 2.3L automatic

Last edited:

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2-Door Black Diamond for me so I can have the vinyl. I had that in my old Ford Ranger Edge and it was by far the best interior, in looks and ease of care. The Mid Package is probably a go for me too, and if i do anything to wheels/tires that'll be aftermarket at much lower tag.

Velocity Blue would be great. I had high hopes for Area 51 and Antimatter Blue, but as it stands after seeing the current choices on vehicles or swatches, I'm leaning towards white or carbonized grey
I loved Antimatter Blue in the internet pics, but then I've seen it in outdoor lighting via video/pics and it looks nearly black. I'm unsure at the moment what I'll do or as a backup option. From the stock Ford.com pics I do like Area 51 and Carbonized Gray, but I'm not sure on those either.

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I loved Antimatter Blue in the internet pics, but then I've seen it in outdoor lighting via video/pics and it looks nearly black. I'm unsure at the moment what I'll do or as a backup option. From the stock Ford.com pics I do like Area 51 and Carbonized Gray, but I'm not sure on those either.
Yup, that was my first choice when reserving. Those "live" pics we've been seeing make me scratch my head. I don't want black, and if I did, I'd order black.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yup, that was my first choice when reserving. Those "live" pics we've been seeing make me scratch my head. I don't want black, and if I did, I'd order black.
I just visualize the stock pic with white hardtop and white interior. Very retro old school look that I want, but I'm not sure I can get it.

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Edit: I'll be going 2.3L automatic
I'm doing the same as you minus the color. AB is my color.

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

True, I just really need to price it out. That vinyl does look really nice
Honda element has a waterproof material on their seats but after years its rips easily. I had my seats redone with Marine vinyl and they're tough and it's the best choice for the Bronco if you're planning to have the top and doors off.

Sponsored

TriTipEater

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I previously owned a Toyota FJ Cruiser, which I loved. Took it on a few overlanding adventures in the sierras. Had to sell it 8 years ago to pay off the wife’s student loans. I’ve been dreaming of a 4x4 ever since. This is my chance!
The black diamond gives everything I loved about my FJ, plus more.

My plan:
4 door BD
Antimatter Blue, Area 51, or Cactus Gray
Mid Package
2.7L auto
Hard Top (if I can swing it)
Sasquatch (if I can swing it, but doubtful, 33” Ko2s otherwise).

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I previously owned a Toyota FJ Cruiser, which I loved. Took it on a few overlanding adventures in the sierras. Had to sell it 8 years ago to pay off the wife’s student loans. I’ve been dreaming of a 4x4 ever since. This is my chance!
The black diamond gives everything I loved about my FJ, plus more.

My plan:
4 door BD
Antimatter Blue, Area 51, or Cactus Gray
Mid Package
2.7L auto
Hard Top (if I can swing it)
Sasquatch (if I can swing it, but doubtful, 33” Ko2s otherwise).
This is what I am looking at also. Had to sell my Ramcharger over 20 years ago to make some house payments. Been wanting another offroad vehicle since. Once I add 2.7L, auto, mid and hardtop I'll probably be so close to a Wildtrak that I will upgrade and give up the marine vinyl and rubber floor. Plus I gain the sasquatch.

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So after practically finishing the internet (I've watched a LOT of Bronco videos) trying to determine what I really wanted out of my Bronco as someone who has never done any off roading, I started looking into what I'd need to start off roading and went down that rabbit hole. My original plan for fire roads and camp ground access only has morphed a bit because as I learn more, I want to DO more. Following tonight's YouTube binge I have a fundamental understanding of open vs locked differentials and now I might be on board the Black Diamond train for that standard rear diff lock. This is why they're making us wait a year. By the time I buy mine I'm gonna have solid reasons why the BadSquatch is the only acceptable route!

As it is I now hear Bryan Cranston's commanding voice informing me "You need a DIFF LOCK."

#iamtheonewholocks

(PS: Anyone else still just having a bunch of fun learning about this truck? I'm seeing lots of people bailing and frustrated but y'all I'm still giddy over here!)

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had to back my way out of wanting a Badlands because I could get it w the vinyl floor and leather seats. By the time I ticked all the boxes I didn’t want to see the price. So . . .
Black Diamond 4D Mid
Hardtop
Carbonized Gray . . . Sad Stang Bullet Green not an option
Probably still don’t want to see the price.
Sponsored