Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like the Milestar Patagonia M/T are the largest tires I can find that are rated for the stock wheels. I'm wondering what mileage they are expected to get, I see mixed reviews. Also, does anyone know of anything larger available?

LT295/70R17 (34X12.00R17LT) (rated for 17x7.5-10in wheels)63lbs
Sponsored

gmac

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What is biggest size someone has put on stock steelies non sas BD? No rub. Post pictures if you have them. I really like KO2 on my Raptor and Land Cruisers.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The 1 inch (actually 0.78") is from the difference in the offset (20mm less positive offset). Offsets are based on the center of the wheel. For example, an 8" wide wheel with 0mm offset has the mounting face at the centerline of the wheel/tire. Change that offset to +55mm (the stock wheel offset) and that moves the mounting face towards the outer edge of the wheel, thus moving the wheel centerline towards the center of the vehicle a couple inches. The width of the wheel doesn't affect the position of the wheel in the wheel well. I went with an 8.5" wide wheel simply because I eventually want to run 33x12.50 tires and the stock 7.5" wide wheels are too narrow for tires that wide.

Where it can get confusing is when you compare wheel widths based on back spacing. Back spacing is the distance from the mounting face to the inside edge of the wheel. If you have 8" wide and 7" wide wheels and both have 4" of backspacing (BS), then the outside edge of the 8" wide wheel will be 1" further out than that of the 7" wide wheel.

Hope this helps. tirerack.com has a tech section that may explain this better than I did.

Awesome man. Thanks for the explanation.

DaBroncstah

Black Diamond
First Name
Hadley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don’t know if anyone has asked this yet, but are there specific runner boards that you have to order from ford to fit BDs?

emailed my dealer about it and he said that there are different boards so I wanted to make sure. Also would the dealership have to take off the rock rails to put the board on?

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don’t know if anyone has asked this yet, but are there specific runner boards that you have to order from ford to fit BDs?

emailed my dealer about it and he said that there are different boards so I wanted to make sure. Also would the dealership have to take off the rock rails to put the board on?

Running boards will fit across the board. And yes the rock rails have to come off to install running boards. Unless they are specifically made to work with the running boards.

Also many better and less expensive aftermarket options for running boards. Reach out to Alex @RealTruck who are a forum sponsor. He can get you an awesome deal.

Sponsored

DaBroncstah

Black Diamond
First Name
Hadley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Running boards will fit across the board. And yes the rock rails have to come off to install running boards. Unless they are specifically made to work with the running boards.

Also many better and less expensive aftermarket options for running boards. Reach out to Alex @RealTruck who are a forum sponsor. He can get you an awesome deal.
Okay awesome thank you so much!

I’m 5’1 so do you think I should get them or leave them off and wait for more to come out?

I’ll look into what you mentioned.

gmac

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Non Sas BD, you probably will not need running boards.
My 74 yo mother gets in easily.
SAS -yes

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Okay awesome thank you so much!

I’m 5’1 so do you think I should get them or leave them off and wait for more to come out?

I’ll look into what you mentioned.
That's entirely up to you. I have Go Rhino RB20s on my Gladiator. I don't necessarily need them but they help my 5' 1" girlfriend and my 2yo granddaughter. The big thing I like about them is they deflect rocks kicked up by the front tires. And protect from door dings against most vehicles.

Here is what Realtruck currently has available.

Realtruck Bronco Running Boards

DaBroncstah

Black Diamond
First Name
Hadley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's entirely up to you. I have Go Rhino RB20s on my Gladiator. I don't necessarily need them but they help my 5' 1" girlfriend and my 2yo granddaughter. The big thing I like about them is they deflect rocks kicked up by the front tires. And protect from door dings against most vehicles.

Here is what Realtruck currently has available.

Realtruck Bronco Running Boards
Perfect! Thanks and I’ll look into it. 😊

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yea, there's been a few threads posted over the last year, but I'm still looking for a solution for a running board that either attaches TO my factory BD rock rails (not the STEPS you see, those are nice, but not for me)....OR, a solution that's a rock rail AND a running board look....have seen one or two options but nothing that has made me be like "that's it they nailed it."

Kind of surprised the after-market hasn't hit this yet.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yea, there's been a few threads posted over the last year, but I'm still looking for a solution for a running board that either attaches TO my factory BD rock rails (not the STEPS you see, those are nice, but not for me)....OR, a solution that's a rock rail AND a running board look....have seen one or two options but nothing that has made me be like "that's it they nailed it."

Kind of surprised the after-market hasn't hit this yet.
Many aftermarket manufactures have just started getting their hands on a Bronco. Some are still waiting. R&D takes quite a bit of time. Not to mention manufacturing. The Gladiator has been out for two years and the aftermarket is still not super strong. And the only reason it is where it is now is because many parts for the Wrangler JL work on the Gladiator.

Give it at least a year before the aftermarket starts catching up.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How would the BD fair on the blue trails? I haven't been up there since I had my EB built for blacks and reds. I really hope the standard BD could handle the blues.
I would say if this guy can do this in a bone stock JL, a BD could do Rausch Creek blues with the right lines and experience.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I know this is another topic that’s been discussed endlessly on endless threads, but I like asking on this thread bc we are all BD folks….

What are people doing for mudflaps? I’ve read they don’t work with the rock rails, or you may have to drill?

Any solutions out there?

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I know this is another topic that’s been discussed endlessly on endless threads, but I like asking on this thread bc we are all BD folks….

What are people doing for mudflaps? I’ve read they don’t work with the rock rails, or you may have to drill?

Any solutions out there?
I just went with the "cheaper" Ford Gatorback Molded Splash Guards for the front only. I held them in position and used a pencil to trace around the cross-section of the rock rail, then took some additional measurements and corrected my "tracing" on the mud guard.

Once I was satisfied I used an Exacto hobby blade to slowly make the cuts. Essentially, I scored over the traced area repeatedly with the Exacto until it cut through the plastic. Took about 10 minutes for each mud guard but the fit is pretty snug. I did drill the fender flares, with the idea that I'd replace them later. But, to be completely candid, I really don't mind the look of the mud guards, so I probably will just leave it as is.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread IMG_6234
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread IMG_6235
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Bronco Thread IMG_6236

gmac

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just went with the "cheaper" Ford Gatorback Molded Splash Guards for the front only. I held them in position and used a pencil to trace around the cross-section of the rock rail, then took some additional measurements and corrected my "tracing" on the mud guard.

Once I was satisfied I used an Exacto hobby blade to slowly make the cuts. Essentially, I scored over the traced area repeatedly with the Exacto until it cut through the plastic. Took about 10 minutes for each mud guard but the fit is pretty snug. I did drill the fender flares, with the idea that I'd replace them later. But, to be completely candid, I really don't mind the look of the mud guards, so I probably will just leave it as is.

You don't have a part number for those mudflaps by chance?
thanks
Merry Christmas
Sponsored