Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1895 is for 2.7 and 10 Speed
Thanks. If that’s the case, then it’s closer to a no brainer. Not sure if there is an issue with B&P or not, but I see what you mean that it comes with the 10 speed, but once I choose mid and Adv 4X4, I still get a price difference on the vehicle of $1,895 when I look at the total price at the bottom with 2.3 vs 2.7. Will see if the B&P revision in January says something different and I’m hoping you are right!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
what people are forgetting is the traction control will help the open diff to achieve traction transfer
Ahh yes, all the more reason not to need SBD, or even a front locker! Now I’m back on the nonSquatch, manual Black Diamond kick. Curse you! But does the manual trans get traction control? That keeps me out of Mid package too. But saves me a lot of $$$. Ugggh!!! Back to the B&P I go!!

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

on the Canadian site they still bone us with a 2000.00 upgrade to 2.7l,even with mid and a/t selected.
No.

It shows it as $2000 upgrade but selecting the 2.7L only adds $250 to your total if you already have auto/2.3L selected. It adds $2000 to your total if you select the auto when the 2.3L manual is selected and it automatically bumps you up to the auto 2.7L.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No.

It shows it as $2000 upgrade but selecting the 2.7L only adds $250 to your total if you already have auto/2.3L selected. It adds $2000 to your total if you select the auto when the 2.3L manual is selected and it automatically bumps you up to the auto 2.7L.
BD with optional rims,Mic h/t,mid pack,trailer tow=55,844,add 2.7=57,844(note mid already added a/t)boned again

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BD with optional rims,Mic h/t,mid pack,trailer tow=55,844,add 2.7=57,844(note mid already added a/t)boned again
BD with optional rims,Mic h/t, without mid pack,trailer tow 2.3L = $55,844. Add 2.7 = $56,094. Add mid ($1750) = $57,844.

Hmmm. Strange math. I ran a few options.

So the difference between 2.3 without mid and 2.7 without mid is only $250.

The difference between 2.3 with mid and 2.7 with mid is $2000.

The difference between 2.3 without mid and 2.7 with mid is also $2000.

A 2.3L auto with or without mid is the same price, $55,844.

Last edited:

Trilifter7

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2022 Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We originally reserved a BB but with 2 kids and a boxer we decided the MGV was a must. We have test driven several Jeeps and the MT is way more fun to drive so we are going with the 2.3/MT. We were dead set on AMB then a couple weeks ago saw a pic of cactus gray and now that is our color... for now. My only want would be the mid package but it’s a garage kept vehicle and the MT is more appealing to us than heated seats. With the MIC top and the upgraded black aluminum wheels I think this will be an awesome replacement for our Land Rover LR3.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope the revamped B&P will fix these errors

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Black Diamond out of the box gives most of what I would add to the Base, configuring with top off, daily driver and minimum off road capability as a newbie to wheeling. Wouldn't know how to use SAS just yet, although if you haven't seen the Bronco on "Mickeys Hot Tub Moab" video you have to check it out.

Want MGV so had to begin with BD model anyway.

Cyber Orange, mic, roof rails, 2.7 A/T, Mid, Tow comes in at 44k. Wanted to be around 40k and every time I build with less the thought turns to I'm better off not settling for less options since this will be my last new vehicle purchase.

I usually buy a classic and restore it --> this time I'm going to enjoy / watch my new car - over time - turn into a classic. My kids will inherit this Bronco and also have the memories we can make along the way. Feels right!

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Don't need the high or lux packages, love the MGV, don't want the sasquatch, and mid package has all the creature comforts I want. 4-door, MIC, 2.7, Advanced 4x4, and towing are all on my list. STEEL WHEELS are the icing on the cake for the BD! Now I just have to decide on the color.
We need actual numbers from Ford, but based on the GCWRs we've seen and the curb weights people have estimated, it may be hard to get up to the (already low) tow cap with a V6 BD. Unless you're a small person and don't plan to have anyone else in the vehicle with you. Hopefully this is not the case but it's looking that way.

FoCoBronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, X3, MDX, Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I see a lot of post and pictures about the Badlands and Wildtrack but not much on the Black Diamond. I have built all of them out several times and it seems I’m getting the most bang for my buck with a Black Diamond. My must haves for me are 4dr, 2.7, Squach package, MIC and Mid Level trim. For my lifestyle I really like the Marine Grade seats also. One thing I wish I could have is sway bar disconnect. Anyone else thinking the same way? I’m I missing something by not upgrading to the Badlands or Wildtrack?
I'm in exactly same place as you. If I could get all black wheels, black flares and MGV seats in OB that would be my choice.

GBlue

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
groncobronco.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm getting a Black Diamond, my big debate now is SAS or Not? If it's true they will have a 2 inch factory lift as a B&P option, would it make more sense for me to skip SAS and do the lift and buy bigger tires and wheels separately? Or does the SAS still make the most sense and get the included tire and wheels?

Also, with a 2 inch factory lift, what the maximum size tires that can be fitted?
That my friend would be phenomenal. I'm Sasquatch for sure...but would def consider the 2" lift, and upgrade tire size at a later date.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Finally decided on my build, Badlands is out and I’m firmly in the Black Diamond camp.
BD 2 door
Mid
Roof rails
Tow
Squatch
Tube doors (daughter will be old enough to ride up front)
Color...this is the hardest part but I think we are going Tonka Truck edition, so Cyber O!

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve bounced around a ton over the last 6 months, but I’m now locked in. Let’s see if that sticks until I order . . .

2 door BD
2.3 Auto
Adv 4X4
MIC
Roof Rails
Sound deadening
Floor liners
Mid
Tow
Carbonized Gray
Black Steelies
$43,045 MSRP

Will see if they have a soft top that fully retracts into a convertible (unlike the SEMA fixed position soft top) on the dealer accessory list in Jan-Mar.

EDIT: Now going with BD alternate aluminum wheels. And it looks like the SEMA top is the same as the fastback soft top, which retracts most of the way back so I’ll probably get that one.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Builds BD96482B-763E-4DA0-A8E6-F36247F4B774
Sponsored

Last edited: