thd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro SS 1/LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought I saw a video online that showed a Bronco activating the sway bar disconnect andb9t gave an idea of how much drop it provided plus it is the only standard sway bar disconnect that works under load. All others need to be on flat ground.

I am ordering a BL with no SAS but I will sell the tires right away. I want 35" AT tires not mud tires so I will buy 315 KO2s. I may swap wheels too, not sure. But the hoss suspension is standard on the BL so the only difference between a SAS BD is the wheels, tires, bump stop, fender flares, and posaible 10mm height difference.

The BL has signature lightning, possibly door and dash mgv, amd higher trim levels available to it. When i price a SAS BD vs BL the price is under $800 difference.
Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is a good build. I love the BD comes standard with the rear locker too. Hopefully I’ll see you out around the west burbs (don’t worry I’m not getting VB now that I know there may be another one out there around town?) I still really really want the manual trans but that 2.7L just keeps popping up lol the extra power would be fun to have.
I have no issues twinning! ?

Yeah, I was BaseManSquatch for awhile, but the build prices were about the same. I’ve wanted MGV /washout interior the whole time, but I was going to sacrifice getting it so I could get all the Sas options. I kept coming back to questions I have with the 2.3 and realized I’ve had a blast driving a friends’ 2.7 F150. I also would rarely, if ever I’ Sas capabilities. After connecting some dots in prioritizing the interior that will fit by wants and the messes 2 boys create, I’ve realized BD is my rig. Lol.

Look for the Granger sticker with this build, that’s probably me.

Last edited:

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I go back and forth every day it seems between Badlands/Sas/High and Black Diamond/Sas/Mid.

Advantages for Badlands for me: Swaybar disconnect, 12' screen and 360 camera (big advantage). Advantages for Back Diamond: Better looking grill, better looking interior, cheaper, Sport Mode (big advantage). It's a tough call...that's why I go back and forth so much.
There seem to be a whole lot of people in this same dilemma. Including myself.

BillyMac

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I see a lot of post and pictures about the Badlands and Wildtrack but not much on the Black Diamond. I have built all of them out several times and it seems I’m getting the most bang for my buck with a Black Diamond. My must haves for me are 4dr, 2.7, Squach package, MIC and Mid Level trim. For my lifestyle I really like the Marine Grade seats also. One thing I wish I could have is sway bar disconnect. Anyone else thinking the same way? I’m I missing something by not upgrading to the Badlands or Wildtrack?
I am going BD 4dr, 2.7, Mid Pkg, probably keeping the soft top out of the gate...color TBD. I admittedly will probably not go off road much, but like the idea of it. This will be my daily driver, dropped-top joy rider for me, my wife and three kids, and general, all-purpose kid hauler.

I intended to go BB, but can’t bring myself to go cloth seats after over a decade of leather, plus I am not a fan of the BB grill and wheels, so it became a race between BD and OBX. I don’t like the OBX step rail and body colored fenders/mirrors, plus would have to pay extra for leather. I think I’ll like the MGV and I’d rather my money go towards the off-roading capability that I may not use and more rugged look than towards interior luxuries I can do without and the mall crawler look. Although my Bronc will most certainly be a hockey arena and baseball field crawler, loaded up with my kids’ gear.

I just hope the washout floor drains can allow chicken nugget fragments to freely pass!

Sponsored

TalexBrizzley

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right now I'm leaning towards a carb gray 2 door BD with 2.7, mid package, no squatch. That puts me around 41k which is a steal for what it is. Add a set of wheels and tires after delivery and save a few dollars off squatch that I don't really need. I was hung up on the 12" screen and the signature lights on the higher trims but you can't beat what the BD offers for the price.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did you download your build? Been trying to figure that out...
I also considered the BB for a bit also. The options on the BD soon changed my mind also.
Try the print function and when it asks the printer name hit the options list and use save as a PDF. That's how I saved all mine.

Attachments

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why? The OP is considering paying $50K for something that we know is lacking several high end features. That's a lot of money when you could spend a few thousand extra to get it all. If you read my post, I said that paying lower 40s for a BD makes sense. Of course, this is just my opinion you can think it's fucking dumb all you want, I'm just trying to give a perspective and potentially prevent someone from spending $50k and kicking themselves for not spending a few extra more.
I tend to agree. For me, it would be a little over $4500 more for the Badlands high package than the Black Diamond mid package. All of the extra stuff you get with the high package along with upgraded dash, sway bar disconnect, and signature headlights is worth that extra money in my opinion. I can live without sport mode. This vehicle is an off road SUV made to go over rough and tough terrain not a sports car. I think some people are forgetting that. Plus I’m getting the 2.7 liter anyways which is a twin turbo V6 with 310 horsepower so I’m good.

Last edited:

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Black Diamond NEEDS an optional front locker or torsen diff. If it got that it would be the ultimate sweet spot for offroaders who like to build their trucks. Were gonna fiddle with the suspension, tweak the motor, change out tires, and alot of us like steel wheels. All of us need the MGV and rubberized floor. We dont need high or lux, because they cost the same as that shock brand we never could justify the price of or that winch and bumper we end up getting a cheaper version of. Give us the ability to wash the mud out and lockers under $40,000 and we will make the Bronco famous on the trails for years to come.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Once you add Sasquatch to a BD you have nearly all the upgrades of a Badlands but for the sway bar disconnect.

Adding Sasquatch to any Bronco will make it in to an impressive off road vehicle.

Sasquatch is really such a great opportunity. Gives a great advantage over many Jeep trims.

Sponsored
OP
OP
scottyb907

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am all in on the BD. It is the "sweet spot" for the part time off roader, semi serious off roader yet...most driving on the roadways. I like the wash out feature as all my other vehicles are carpeted. I plan to: 2.7 auto, cyber orange, Auto 4X4, dual climate, Cyber Orange, GPS upgrade, tow package,
BroncoBUILDcz.jpg
roof rack, light bar, 2 set pod lights, winch, more accessories as they become available. I like the interior, would prefer orange accents but the blue works. I wish I could get the MOD top with the port hole but in reality would probably not use it that much. I would like the 12" screen but won't move to BL that costs 5K more and then still have to add a Lux package. Waste of $. When she gets home my first mod will be Fuel wheels and Cooper AT3 XLT tires, black side graphics and a host of smaller items. I hope B&P and the accessory list gets updates SOONER than later...before ordering for sure!!! I am hoping they get the flip down table for the rear gate, limb cables, dash device rail added.
I wish I could get the roof rails for on my 4dr built. Can’t get it or the headliner with the Squatch package, these are two options I would like

OP
OP
scottyb907

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Black Diamond NEEDS an optional front locker or torsen diff. If it got that it would be the ultimate sweet spot for offroaders who like to build their trucks. Were gonna fiddle with the suspension, tweak the motor, change out tires, and alot of us like steel wheels. All of us need the MGV and rubberized floor. We dont need high or lux, because they cost the same as that shock brand we never could justify the price of or that winch and bumper we end up getting a cheaper version of. Give us the ability to wash the mud out and lockers under $40,000 and we will make the Bronco famous on the trails for years to come.
You can get the front locker with the Squatch package.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I haven’t done a deep dive, but why is Sas more expensive on BD ($6885) than it is on Base ($5790)?

Edit: when I build these, I add the Sas wheels at the beginning of the build and this is the pop up values for the whole package. I do realize at the end of each build, if I scroll to the bottom to add Sas, they are listed as the same value for both builds ($4995).

Last edited:

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

BD charges for the trans...