First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I get my "poser" Black Diamond I'll make sure I post plenty of pictures of it "posing" out in the wilderness.😍😍
When is your reservation timestamp? If I get mine before you (probably won’t), I’ll share pics as well. Hoping at least SOMEONE gets a standard BD early and shares it with us!
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, the sad part is that you’re probably 100% right. As someone who ordered a Black Diamond, I don’t think we have any right to complain if the off-road capability is less than a Badlands. But it would be nice to know what the limits are for the Black Diamond.
I was on the fence, the BD will be excellent. It’s not a direct comparison, but my sons FX4 Ranger with smaller, less aggressive tires and a more basic off road electronics package is solid. The limits are the ground clearance and articulation. When the stock tires are ready for replacement, he will decide if a small lift and slightly taller rubber is warranted. BD will do well!

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When is your reservation timestamp? If I get mine before you (probably won’t), I’ll share pics as well. Hoping at least SOMEONE gets a standard BD early and shares it with us!
I cancelled my July reservation to get the Grangetober deal and because I don't really want a car payment until closer to when my mortgage gets paid off in spring of 2022. So my res is October 1.

So you'll likely beat me, especially because if that build estimate date they tell me in May is too early, I will have to tell Albert to change something on my order to delay it.

In a perfect world mine gets delivered to Iowa at the start of my 2-week Christmas vacation or the start of my 2-month summer vacation.😍😍

OP
OP
ColbyFromBama

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I cancelled my July reservation to get the Grangetober deal and because I don't really want a car payment until closer to when my mortgage gets paid off in spring of 2022. So my res is October 1.

So you'll likely beat me, especially because if that build estimate date they tell me in May is too early, I will have to tell Albert to change something on my order to delay it.

In a perfect world mine gets delivered to Iowa at the start of my 2-week Christmas vacation or the start of my 2-month summer vacation.😍😍
I wish I was as fiscally responsible for you! I‘m definitely splurging a little more than I should on this vehicle. Hopefully it’s worth it 😂

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I feel you man, but I understand the marketing wanting to show off the best of the best with the Badlands and First Editions. I'm sure it'll work for my needs which is why I'm sticking to it

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Watch a video or just become familiar with the 4Runner TRD Pro. The black diamond is equipped almost exactly the same except the unknown stock shocks vs fox shocks on the 4runner.

zfischer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Tacoma, 4WD Sprinter, BJ42 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's not like this is mysterious. You will have a slightly less compliant ride and your suspension will bottom/top out in a harsher way.

How capable will a stock BD be offroad? I'd say more capable than a Toyota Tacoma TRD pro. Which is very, very capable.

You know what's included in the BL and/or Sasquatch and have chosen not to get those things. All those things are augmentations over a vehicle designed, at base, to be wildly capable. Capable to an essentially unprecedented degree for a stock IFS vehicle.

I also wish the full line up, including base and BD—not to mention 2 Doors—were showcased more, but I understand the company's rationale for trotting out the models with all the tricks.

What I can't really understand is imagining that something may not be as capable as the specifications plainly indicate because you haven't seen a video of it. I mean, by all means, worry about whatever makes you sweaty and disconcerted, or be stoked that you will soon have an incredible new ride, which will be infinitely more capable than 90% of anyone who might ever drive it.

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BD has the Rock-Crawl GOAT mode. Limits will be tire size, suspension travel, lack of front locker, and special shocks. I’m planning on lots of off-road fun with mine. The limits will be me. I will get a front winch though to help.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Freezing0K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda CRV (I just like Broncos Ok?)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I mean. just watch videos of a stock Jeep wrangler going off road, yes there are some differences between the two but it will give you a general idea of how the Bronco will act off road.

Also all those WW2 Jeeps went everywhere with less ground clearance, power and technology, so the bronco should be fine.

OP
OP
ColbyFromBama

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I mean. just watch videos of a stock Jeep wrangler going off road, yes there are some differences between the two but it will give you a general idea of how the Bronco will act off road.

Also all those WW2 Jeeps went everywhere with less ground clearance, power and technology, so the bronco should be fine.
There is no equivalent Jeep trim to the Black Diamond. The BD has rear lockers, which only the Rubicon has. But I’m sure a stock BD will be less capable than a stock Rubicon.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can use lots of big words, but at the end of the day you’re just corporate boot-licking.

No one said anything about the Black Diamond being “mysterious.” All I said was that the BD was marketed as a capable off-road vehicle, but Ford has yet to showcase that. I don’t think it’s crazy to want a demonstration of something they haven’t shown yet. Especially when most of us are forking over 50k for a vehicle we haven’t even sat in yet.
It is unrealistic to expect them to showcase the lesser trims when they’re looking to build hype.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
See, that’s the thing... I’m not interested in doing any crazy stuff. I just want to see Ford demonstrate the claims they’ve made for the Black Diamond. I know the 4x4 and rear locker will help a lot off-road. But I’m curious to see how the standard H.O.S.S. suspension does.
I understand the frustration about seeing your chosen model. Seriously though, do you actually think the Bronco Sport is more capable than a Black Diamond? There are videos out there of the Bronco Sport off roaming some really cool obstacles. Your BD will handle those same obstacles even easier.

OP
OP
ColbyFromBama

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is unrealistic to expect them to showcase the lesser trims when they’re looking to build hype.
Yeah! How dare I request that Ford showcase their brand new H.O.S.S. suspension system! Who do I think I am? I should know my place as the consumer, and just let Ford take my money! I should know better than to ever question Ford marketing.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.