Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well this went South fast.
Some people just like to argue. Unfortunately, I’m the type of guy that won’t let them get away with it. 😂
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sneakers
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As much as I hope that you’re right, I still think we are deserving of a demonstration. It’s hard enough to purchase a vehicle without ever touching it. It’s even harder to make that purchase without even knowing it’s capability.
Here's a demonstration!

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Most intelligent people would like proof/demonstration of the capability of a vehicle, before spending 47k on it. But if you’re the type of guy that takes every corporation at their word... I have a lot of things I need to sell you! 🤣
The BD doesn't have a front locking diff. And it doesn't have a swaybar disconnect. BFD. You make it sound like the BD will get stuck in 2" of wet gravel.

Give it a rest man, the BD will go almost any place your balls are willing to drive it.

Last edited:

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Being “better than a Bronco Sport” isn’t really the benchmark I’m looking for unfortunately 😂
The point was that there are videos of the Bronco Sport doing some of the same terrain as Squatch Broncos. But whatever, let us know when Ford “caves into your demands”.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It would be nice to see non Squatched Broncos performing, but that would be counter to up-selling philosophy. Ford wants to sell up optioned units.

I'm basing my non Sas BB with rear locker on my experience. I've had many 4x4's, Fords and Jeeps, only a few with lockers. I generally run out of vehicle ability about the time I run out of nerve. My non locked Bronco II's performed as well or better than my lockable Rubicon. 32's are as big a tire as I've run. So I'm confident in my choice.

It would be nice to see though...a guy needs a certain amount of affirmation.

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty sure this was demoed back in the camo days and confirmed via spy shots. There were almost certainly rigs running the Rubicon and Moab last year or earlier that were neither Squatch or BL, no ride along reviews with that though obviously.

If this is about being actually worried about capability, ask yourself if you think the 4runner is a remotely capable vehicle. If yes, then you really have no reason to worry about the BD.

But yea, I think its fair to want more BD legitimate PR in general.

OP
OP
ColbyFromBama

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
It would be nice to see non Squatched Broncos performing, but that would be counter to up-selling philosophy. Ford wants to sell up optioned units.

I'm basing my non Sas BB with rear locker on my experience. I've had many 4x4's, Fords and Jeeps, only a few with lockers. I generally run out of vehicle ability about the time I run out of nerve. My non locked Bronco II's performed as well or better than my lockable Rubicon. 32's are as big a tire as I've run. So I'm confident in my choice.

It would be nice to see though...a guy needs a certain amount of affirmation.
Great take! I agree.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope you’re right! My biggest concern is that we don’t know how the standard H.O.S.S. suspension performs off-road. That combined with the smaller front axle...
The standered suspension is just standered suspension I beleave there is no hoss system unless you get badlands or sasquatch

OP
OP
ColbyFromBama

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
The BD doesn't have a front locking diff. And it doesn't have a swaybar disconnect. BFD. You make it sound like the BD will get stuck in 2" of wet gravel.

Give it a rest man, the BD will go almost any place your balls are willing to drive it.
As stated previously, you can’t make this claim without any proof or demonstration from Ford. You’re telling me the standard BD will do intense rock crawling, or deep mud? No way. I want to know where the limits are. And it’s not unreasonable to wish Ford would provide demonstration of their claims. It’s that simple.

OP
OP
ColbyFromBama

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you're getting a BD without Sasquatch you aren't spending $50k, lol. The differences of capabilities between models will be miniscule at best for 99% of us.
You might not be great at Math, but luckily Ford does all the calculations for you.

Ford Bronco Black Diamond off-roading without Sasquatch 404AEDC8-B129-45F3-90E7-368496E64DAD

Last edited:

Sponsored

basundy

Outer Banks
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When is your reservation timestamp? If I get mine before you (probably won’t), I’ll share pics as well. Hoping at least SOMEONE gets a standard BD early and shares it with us!
I'm in the standard BD club. I'm an early morning 7/14 res and # 12 at my dealership. I'm hoping I see mine in June.

CCBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As stated previously, you can’t make this claim without any proof or demonstration from Ford. You’re telling me the standard BD will do intense rock crawling, or deep mud? No way. I want to know where the limits are. And it’s not unreasonable to wish Ford would provide demonstration of their claims. It’s that simple.
The limitations are with you. Folks chimed in offering advice, you’re just repeating yourself.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Black Diamond is for posers
Well I'm surprised this comment didn't get more attention. I don't think the model on 32s and steel wheels is the one for "posers." You can throw a set of big tires and ugly black wheels that stick too far out on a Base just as easily as you can a BD. And considering how many comments I keep seeing about how the 35s "look really good, even if I don't need them" on the Squatch build, posers aren't limiting themselves to the small tire models.

If you're getting a BD without Sasquatch you aren't spending $50k, lol. The differences of capabilities between models will be miniscule at best for 99% of us.
4 door, 2.7, heated seats, 4A, modular top gets it over $50k. Equivalent Badlands is $53k+.

OP
OP
ColbyFromBama

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
The limitations are with you. Folks chimed in offering advice, you’re just repeating yourself.
Not sure what career field you’re in, but in mine, opinionated “advice” isn’t considered factual. This isn’t a “tell me what you THINK the Bronco will do” thread. This is a thread to discuss the lack of standard Black Diamond demonstrations from Ford. It’s really that simple.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You might not be great at Math, but luckily Ford does all the calculations for you.

404AEDC8-B129-45F3-90E7-368496E64DAD.jpeg
sure, I bet you ran down the list and added EVERY, SINGLE available option you could too...I'm spending $48K on A Sas BD with V6 and mid. If you're adding random bullshit to artificially get the price high then cool I guess but nobody with half a working brain is spending $50K on a non Sas BD when a WT or Badlands could have been bought about the same.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.