Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Were you on the highway? light acceleration?
When mine blew, I had gotten off a shirt strip of highway and it was a stop sign, small acceleration and then blown. It almost felt like it happened when I wasn’t touching the gas pedal.

I am a light driver - not aggressive by any means, was averaging 19.3 mpg.
Sponsored

Bronco wild outdoors

Badlands
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Website
drivenwildgear.com
Vehicle(s)
17 f 250, 66 mustang GT, 91 Mustang GT,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When mine blew, I had gotten off a shirt strip of highway and it was a stop sign, small acceleration and then blown. It almost felt like it happened when I wasn’t touching the gas pedal.

I am a light driver - not aggressive by any means, was averaging 19.3 mpg.
I have been tracking all that I can, Good luck with the next engine. My 2.7 has been doing fine so far.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Update on dead Bronco:

The epitome of being disgusted with a new vehicle. The 2021 Ford Bronco First Edition with the 2.7 liter twin turbo motor. For 2,023 miles, it ran perfect! The Bronco demonstrated superior off-road abilities and did so with extreme comfort and confidence.

On Dec 23rd, mile 2,024, it all changed abruptly and heart-brokenly. according to the dealership's Technician, the engines timing chain broke, the valves stuck and destroyed the pistons. Metal shavings in the oil ruined the oil lines, intake manifold and turbo chargers. I was told it will need a new engine.

On Dec 30, 7 days later, new engine still NOT authorized by Ford Motor Company. However Ford finally did authorize a rental while the Bronco is sorted, fixed and repaired. (Due to back ordered parts, could take up to a month, month and a half before repairs are completed)

That is sadly correct, it took seven days to get Ford to authorize a rental, today is eight days after the breakdown, my Dealership still has not been told if the replacement engine they requested is authorized or not. I have been in contact with Ford Motor Company's Customer Relationship Center based in Houston TX. So hopefully the ball will finally get rolling.
#fordbronco, #Ford

first ride 3.jpeg
Do you have any more photos?

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are you up and running again?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are you up and running again?
He has several threads going about his blown engine. So not all of them are getting updated. Take a look at some of the others.
Sponsored

Reactions: jon