Sponsored

Borla Touring Catback system installed on 2.7 Bronco [updated with video sound clips]

WillinMA

Wildtrak
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak, 2020 G Wagon, 2018 Audi R8 Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It took about 3 months to get to me, but I put it on over the weekend and its perfect for what I'm looking for. Not too loud (V6 engine just should never be that way!), no drone, and mas a good fit (minimal amount of tweaking to get everything to fit right. You can see from the picks the dual exhuast tips are tucked in pretty good - the one thing I'll give folks a bit of forewarning is that when I used the factory muffler hangers (the rubber donuts) the muffler is so high up that the tips hit the bottom of the bumper. I don't know if thats because I swapped my Wildtrak to a steel rear bumper - but I purchased longer hangers to give me at least 1/2 inch of clearance. Overall easy install, fitment is good, and its a little louder enough to know it doesn't sounds like a stock one!!!

Ford Bronco Borla Touring Catback system installed on 2.7 Bronco [updated with video sound clips] bronco1
Ford Bronco Borla Touring Catback system installed on 2.7 Bronco [updated with video sound clips] bronco2
Ford Bronco Borla Touring Catback system installed on 2.7 Bronco [updated with video sound clips] bronco3

Great post. Thanks for sharing. I'm debating between the Touring and the S-Type. Did you consider the S-Type at all? The ATAK I know for sure is too loud, but I'm afraid for over $1k that the Touring may not make enough of a difference. What's your thoughts on the S-Type? Thank you.
I’ve been down this road before with my g-wagon and r8 (which both cars are much better insulated!) so I didn’t consider the s-type. My personal experience, having wasted soooo much money on trying different setups in my other cars, is that if it sounds cool it’s probably not livable for me in the long term (have valved setups in each!)...so I think the S-type sounds pretty nice in the videos...so then I went one back from there in terms of sound! Its mildly deeper than stock with no drone across the RPMs....sounds even better in Sport mode....

Updated with video sound clips:

Here's a couple links to video of the sound....one at startup and the other revving a little bit....

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great post. Thanks for sharing. I'm debating between the Touring and the S-Type. Did you consider the S-Type at all? The ATAK I know for sure is too loud, but I'm afraid for over $1k that the Touring may not make enough of a difference. What's your thoughts on the S-Type? Thank you.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It took about 3 months to get to me, but I put it on over the weekend and its perfect for what I'm looking for. Not too loud (V6 engine just should never be that way!), no drone, and mas a good fit (minimal amount of tweaking to get everything to fit right. You can see from the picks the dual exhuast tips are tucked in pretty good - the one thing I'll give folks a bit of forewarning is that when I used the factory muffler hangers (the rubber donuts) the muffler is so high up that the tips hit the bottom of the bumper. I don't know if thats because I swapped my Wildtrak to a steel rear bumper - but I purchased longer hangers to give me at least 1/2 inch of clearance. Overall easy install, fitment is good, and its a little louder enough to know it doesn't sounds like a stock one!!!

Ford Bronco Borla Touring Catback system installed on 2.7 Bronco [updated with video sound clips] bronco3
I like that system. Probably second to the Corsa exhaust that came out today.

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

By the video clips I liked the ATAK the best but worried it might sound like crap in person. Is this one sound deeper but not much louder?

Soggy

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2023 waiting to order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I checked out the Borla with ATAK sound today on the IAG website. I went to Borla on youtube and they have the touring, S type and ATAK sound levels. Now I just gotta figure out which one in black I want.

Last edited:

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I checked out the Borla with ATAK sound today on the IAG website. I went to Borla on youtube and they have the touring, S type and ATAK sound levels. Now I just gotta figure out which one in black I want.
You can hear them all:

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve been down this road before with my g-wagon and r8 (which both cars are much better insulated!) so I didn’t consider the s-type. My personal experience, having wasted soooo much money on trying different setups in my other cars, is that if it sounds cool it’s probably not livable for me in the long term (have valved setups in each!)...so I think the S-type sounds pretty nice in the videos...so then I went one back from there in terms of sound! Its mildly deeper than stock with no drone across the RPMs....sounds even better in Sport mode....

Here's a couple links to video of the sound....one at startup and the other revving a little bit....

Wow, thanks. The Touring actually does sound louder than I thought. Louder than the actual Borla marketing video. I haven't done an aftermarket exhaust before on any of my past vehicles, so may have to take your advice and go one step lower than what sounds cool (i.e. go with the Touring instead of the S-Type).

Also, where did you find the OEM rear steel bumper? I thought Ford was putting the plastic bumpers on all the trim models and not producing the steel bumpers? Thank you.

OP
OP

WillinMA

Wildtrak
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak, 2020 G Wagon, 2018 Audi R8 Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wow, thanks. The Touring actually does sound louder than I thought. Louder than the actual Borla marketing video. I haven't done an aftermarket exhaust before on any of my past vehicles, so may have to take your advice and go one step lower than what sounds cool (i.e. go with the Touring instead of the S-Type).

Also, where did you find the OEM rear steel bumper? I thought Ford was putting the plastic bumpers on all the trim models and not producing the steel bumpers? Thank you.

I found the bumper online at a place called Malcolm's takeoffs in GA and they shipped it up to me. I don't know how many they had - but they seem to concentrate getting used (but pretty much new) takeoff parts and reselling them. Maybe contact them to see if you have any left!!!

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know this comment is old but what did you end up going with? Thoughts on whatever so you chose? Trying to make my final decision.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@WillinMA - Did you have any issues of the dual exhaust tips looking uneven? I know this can be a common issue on vehicles that don’t typically have dual exhaust, so was just curious.

@Toccoa - Do they look even to you? ;)
Sponsored