First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Update -- the remote start feature works. But nada on the unlock or lock buttons.
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this key fob concern. Thanks!
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am sure you checked this but did you try changing the battery?
Good suggestion. I have been told that the remote battery has to be above 3.0V to work properly. 2.95V is not close enough. The floor is 3.0V.

gmoney

Black Diamond
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 4-DR Bronco - Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This has been happening to me occasionally. The lock / unlock just will stop working on my FOB. I have to then manually unlock the car, then I get the alert that the alarm will go off if I don't start the car, but I will then simply start the car and the FOB works perfectly again. This has happened to me on three separate occasions. Super weird.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This has been happening to me occasionally. The lock / unlock just will stop working on my FOB. I have to then manually unlock the car, then I get the alert that the alarm will go off if I don't start the car, but I will then simply start the car and the FOB works perfectly again. This has happened to me on three separate occasions. Super weird.
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s key fob concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had this happen in my F150. Believe it or not, I had to take 1 FOB out of range of the vehicle. Once i did that, the vehicle started and the fobs worked.

Sponsored

gmoney

Black Diamond
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had this happen in my F150. Believe it or not, I had to take 1 FOB out of range of the vehicle. Once i did that, the vehicle started and the fobs worked.
I wish that could've been the case for me. I was in Chicago at the time when it first started happening, which was 100s of miles away from my spare

gmoney

Black Diamond
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s key fob concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
Done

OP
OP

bomchet

Outer Banks
First Name
Bom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 dodge durango
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Also PM’d my info. My 2nd fob has been super far away and same experience.

OP
OP

bomchet

Outer Banks
First Name
Bom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 dodge durango
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good suggestion. I have been told that the remote battery has to be above 3.0V to work properly. 2.95V is not close enough. The floor is 3.0V.
I haven’t changed the battery, but is two weeks old, and both fobs are doing the same thing. The keypad not locking makes me think something else is going on.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have noticed that if I lock mine using the key pad.... Ford pass will not unlock it... have to unlock with key pad then Ford pass lock and unlock will work

Sponsored
OP
OP

bomchet

Outer Banks
First Name
Bom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 dodge durango
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got my dealership to fix it this week -- apparently its wiring harness near the door was the problem. One connection wasn't all the way in, and then when that didn't work, they had to apply some electrical goop? and then re-connect them.

They said if it happened again I'd need a new harness, but we're hoping that won't happen given parts availability.

Thanks to everyone who put their two cents -- appreciated.

adrencg

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just got locked out of my car today because the fob stopped working. Thankfully, the Ford app unlocked it. That's the second time this has happened. I can add this bug to the list. I also have an issue with my headlights sometimes refusing to turn off after I lock up the car.

OP
OP

bomchet

Outer Banks
First Name
Bom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 dodge durango
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It happened to me again. They thought it was a short in the BCM and replaced it. That fixed the locking/unlocking, but I still get rando errors on the screen while driving every once in a while, just as I did before.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry to dig up an old thread but this just happened to me...lock and unlock buttons unresponsive until I manually unlocked the door. I did notice the other week that one of my keypads was also briefly unresponsive.

Has anyone else continue to have these issues, and if so, any resolution?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sorry to dig up an old thread but this just happened to me...lock and unlock buttons unresponsive until I manually unlocked the door. I did notice the other week that one of my keypads was also briefly unresponsive.

Has anyone else continue to have these issues, and if so, any resolution?
Hi there. This key fob concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Sponsored