Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m just saying, the squeaky wheel gets the grease!
Sponsored

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

FWIW, we usually have 18 loaners, including Lincolns. Due to backordered parts on non-drivable units we are down to a just a couple per day. Ford does NOT pay for loaners until the vehicle is diagnosed and meets certain eligibility requirements. If that dealer uses Enterprise for overflow they are probably in the same boat with no vehicles.

I know some don't like this answer but that's how it is. Dealers are not required to keep loaners and Ford doesn't care if we lose $$ in FCTP or the FRAC program. We are usually in the hole $60K at the end of the year due to loaners.
I would think that at least performing a diag. on it now instead of 3-4 weeks would at least satisfy the requirements as well as help the customer. I understand you may be understaffed, but doing this under 3 weeks would go a long way to help all parties involved as well as long term $$ losses. So, are you also saying that Ford does not reimburse the dealer for warranty rentals?

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
One of the issues is possibly because you did not buy it at that dealership. You are supposed to be able to bring it to any dealer although they tend to treat you better and give rental car, etc. if you bought it at the dealership.

It's got to really suck if it's your only mode of transportation. So nice you got your Bronco early although now to go through this. At least the over heating does not appear to be a problem for anybody else (at least on this forum)- which makes me feel it is more like a loose hose, clamp, drain cock, etc. and not a major issue. Hopefully they get to you soon!

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hang in there dude. Hopefully it’s nothing more than an incompetent assembly line worker that didn’t tighten down a clamp.
How dare you? We have countless posts on this forum about the heroes working the line! 😞 🤷‍♂️

At least you saved me from saying it.. thanks 😁

Sponsored

ollie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just hope op didn’t warp the heads or blow head gasket
Right now it is all speculation. The main thing is to not only fix the cause but fully diagnose and repair any damage that might have occurred during the overheat incident.

Unless this is a very trusted dealership I would recommend going back and pulling both oil (engine, diffs, and TC) and coolant samples (if she has not already) and sending them out to Blackstone labs for analysis.

If it's a trusted dealer then they are going to do it anyway. This way you can tell if there is any unusual wear or damage to internal parts. Also have them do a compression test dry and wet. Have them show you pictures of the bore scope inspection before replacing the plugs.

This will be a minimum of what any tech will do as well as a visual inspection on all components related to the cooling system.

What is really cool is the ability to pull the temperatures off the OBC during the overheat incident. If it checks out to not be overheated then it's just a matter of fixing the cause and returning to customer.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
How dare you? We have countless posts on this forum about the heroes working the line! 😞 🤷‍♂️

At least you saved me from saying it.. thanks 😁
I can just picture the person responsible for it. Pissed off about whatever. Half way tighten a clamp then say, “whatever. It’s not my truck.”

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Right now it is all speculation. The main thing is to not only fix the cause but fully diagnose and repair any damage that might have occurred during the overheat incident.

Unless this is a very trusted dealership I would recommend going back and pulling both oil (engine, diffs, and TC) and coolant samples (if she has not already) and sending them out to Blackstone labs for analysis.

If it's a trusted dealer then they are going to do it anyway. This way you can tell if there is any unusual wear or damage to internal parts. Also have them do a compression test dry and wet. Have them show you pictures of the bore scope inspection before replacing the plugs.

This will be a minimum of what any tech will do as well as a visual inspection on all components related to the cooling system.

What is really cool is the ability to pull the temperatures off the OBC during the overheat incident. If it checks out to not be overheated then it's just a matter of fixing the cause and returning to customer.
Good post I learn something new on hear everyday did not know you can get the temps from the obd code when it overheat . These are the types of post I like when I learn something I did not know before

mdahan

Outer Banks
First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Maxima 2009- Maxi pad
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm unsure if this is any help, but I have seen other forums that have had the ecoboost engines overheating, especially going up a hill or towing. From what I seen usually the final fix was adding an oil cooler. I was reading this is an issue with the turbocharged ford vehicles. But I would look for the low hanging fruit like the other guys said, possibly a loose clamp.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would think that at least performing a diag. on it now instead of 3-4 weeks would at least satisfy the requirements as well as help the customer. I understand you may be understaffed, but doing this under 3 weeks would go a long way to help all parties involved as well as long term $$ losses. So, are you also saying that Ford does not reimburse the dealer for warranty rentals?
I agree, something like this should fall under the, "Mr. Obvious show". Quick visual and pressure test should take an hour or less if it's as bad as the OP's pic. looks. From there it's a matter of blocking off some time if it's just a matter of labor or getting a part ordered and on the schedule. I hate to even bring this up but it's difficult to push a customer off that's had an appointment scheduled for two weeks, for a tow in. Don't get me wrong, getting everything fixed is the goal but when you have to prioritize them, other factors come into play.

The 3 week statement may be to set expectations, they will likely get it looked at sooner but it's better to be up front so the customer can figure out transportation plans. I just had a lube tech go out with med issues (15 appointments per day) and a front end guy going to be out, possibly for good, after having a heart attack while on vacation. This on top of my other guys being completely booked out for at least 2 weeks. So the backlog is real and we weren't understaffed prior to these two going out. Busy is good for us but there's a point where you have to balance workload while trying to meet customer expectations. I hate to say it but the number of techs leaving the industry just over the last two years and almost no one entering the business, is going to make a 3 week wait look reasonable in a years time.:cry:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kamseyk

Kamseyk

Black Diamond
First Name
Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Thank you for all this info. I will be sure to ask for it. Although the manager has stopped responding to my text or answering my calls.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Probably because you've become "that customer"... Jk

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why get diff and transfer case samples for an overheating event?

ollie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why get diff and transfer case samples for an overheating event?
Because of the possibility of it overheating as well. Also the possibility of it being the cause of the event. Again all we can do is wait and see what the outcome is for this young lady.

Probably because you've become "that customer"... Jk
This is horrible how dealers across the country are treating their customers. The owner has every right to be angry getting a new vehicle only to be left stranded with a tow so soon after taking it home. And to not give at least a loaner vehicle? Not acceptable at all.
Sponsored