Sponsored

Broke down today and checked out a Wrangler…

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And that is my beef with ford. Had I know it was going to be 2 years from reservation to delivery, i probably would have done the same thing.

But now that we just recently found out that 2022 is the earliest (and that's still doubtful), the Used car market is outrageous, I can't order the Rubicon I'd want now, and everything is just fubar.
It's a mess right now for sure. I reserved late as I wanted to hang onto the Jeep longer. So, I've known all along my Bronco would be a '22. If I was one that reserved in early July I'd be beside myself with what has happened during this launch.
Sponsored

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just being a brat. My wife and friends are quite sick of me talking about it. Lol. Im 50. So it may be my mid life crisis… cant fit intoa Mustang… and I must have the Bronco.
I don’t talk about it!

They don’t ask about it any more!

Just waiting for the September email notifying me of my “probable” release date from Dirt Mountain.

Fred

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Coming from a Land Rover I was a little concerned with the Bronco biding my DD, so I rented a Rubicon for a few days while in Colorado. It was a soft top. I liked it but there is one issue that I HATED. There is a whistle that starts low at around 35-40 mph, gets louder from 40-55 mph and disappears above 60 Mph? Other than that, it could function well as a DD so I expect that a Bronco would be even smoother. Oh, and I had it up to 85 mph on the highway and no wobbles.

AaronS

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm picking up a 2018 4dr Wrangler with 17k mi this weekend. I originally switched to a soft top hoping I would get scheduled in August with an October delivery (Oct Granger deal). I decided to switch back to MIC to avoid a winter delivery and see what MY22 has to offer. The Wrangler will go to my fiance (probably wife by then) whenever my Bronco comes.

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ended up ordering a Gladiator Willys EcoDiesel. Ordered it on a wed and got the Vin on that Friday...
I dont like the 4 door wrangler and the 3.6 is a bit of a dog in the gladiator. plus the ecodiesel will get the same gas mileage as my wrx and be 40c cheaper per gallon.

I have also seen tons of JL/JT's recently. It could be im just paying more attention but Im seeing a lot more.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Broncodude@

Broncodude@

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know we're pissed at Ford but I can't think of anyone buying a Jeep without picturing this license plate frame...

1629329658344.png
That is hilarious although I would love to have my wife buy her own Bronco and have that much love for it!!

toddtrain

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I already broke. Decided I would buy a Rubicon that would make me happy in case I had to keep it, then would think about what to do IF my WT ever showed.

Went to the Jeep dealer to order it ... Can't! Jeep is not allowing 2.0T on the Rubicon right now. Only option is 3.6 w/ eTorque (no thanks) or Diesel (which I'd love but not worth the expensive maintenance).
Skip the Rubi and get another model that allows that engine. I got a Sport S with that engine and built it how I wanted. That turbo is badass. I have had it for 50K miles and it is sweet.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I already broke. Decided I would buy a Rubicon that would make me happy in case I had to keep it, then would think about what to do IF my WT ever showed.

Went to the Jeep dealer to order it ... Can't! Jeep is not allowing 2.0T on the Rubicon right now. Only option is 3.6 w/ eTorque (no thanks) or Diesel (which I'd love but not worth the expensive maintenance).
I got in under the wire for 21 Rubicon with the 2.0
MY22 indeed has the same 2.0 for the Rubicon available. I believe the 22 order banks open next month. Hopefully you can order it then with the 2.0

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well I gave in. Bought a super clean (almost looks new) 2015 Rubicon yesterday. Does have some miles on it (94k) but lets hope I don't regret it!

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As I've mentioned in a few threads (not trying to run it into the ground),
I made the decision to tap into my Bronco funds and go ahead and get a Jeep I could pay cash for, take on trails, enjoy the top/doors off lifestyle until (hopefully) next early summer when I get my build.

It is better than I thought it would be, as it has been over 15 years since I had a Wrangler. And that one was a trouble-laden YJ I loved at first and on rare occasion afterwards, but hated most days.

So into an already-modified with good parts 2001 TJ I ended up in.
And I have had an absolute blast in it all summer.

Took the half doors off frequently (it takes like 20 seconds, so an easy decision), took the windows out frequently, then back in June sometime I stored the doors and windows, dropped the top, and it's been down the whole time.
I love it.
When the time comes to get the Bronco the plan was to sell it and recoup the funds easily.

But now I don't know if I want to give it up, thinking it would be nice to have both...

IF I were to get a new one, it would be a Gladiator Mojave. I know all about the compromises with the design and know going in I would sacrifice some departure angle and have a long-ish wheelbase issue on trails.

On that same thought, I also know that if I did go get one and make the payments, it would be difficult to let it go and go with the Bronco, unless the market is there to not lose any money in the interim.
Decisions, decisions, right?!

It's why I ended up going for cheaper, cash-paid off road driver in the end.
Beats a monthly payment I'd be spending vs. saving it, hoping that the market is still up in a year or more from now.
At least in my head, anyway.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well here it is. My biggest problem... I've spent the last year and a half of my life reading Bronco forums every morning and so I know nothing about a Wrangler :)

Ford Bronco Broke down today and checked out a Wrangler… 20210820_062811

MustangSally

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
FIrst and last time I rode in a Jeep the entire thing shook bad. Everything vibrated far beyond what I would call safe. Last time I ride in one. I wouldn't even buy one if it was the only off-road SUV.
I had to drive Kevin Belcher's second jeep to his house in the 80s and it scared the shit out of me on the highway. He almost died in his first one, surprised he bought another. Finally got back in one last week hoping they've improved since then and still feel queasy at high speed. Was going to buy one but I think I'm holding off.

OP
OP
Broncodude@

Broncodude@

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t talk about it!

They don’t ask about it any more!

Just waiting for the September email notifying me of my “probable” release date from Dirt Mountain.
I would be excited that it was built. You must have some mixed emotion of excitement and frustration waiting.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have to admit I have been interested in more info on an extreme recon edition, but sadly it is only offered in a 4 door. I have had a Wrangler for many years and currently have 2005 LJ which I have customized a lot over the years. Including leather seats, MOPAR crate engine 1200 miles ago, Banks header and monster exhaust, 2.5 inch lift, GPS, with back up camera and not to mention a complete truck conversion. But HELL YES I am ready to switch to a Bronco!

IMG_1850.jpg
Sponsored