First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know we've seen so many of these threads, but here we go.

Picked up this beauty 2 weeks ago:

Ford Bronco Bronco, 2 Weeks in 1640661714907

Love this truck. And it's a TRUCK, my title says so : )

2.7, babying it till break-in. This thing has power for DAYS. The only time I've gunned it was to overtake some idiot going 15 under. Holy sh*t, this thing moved. No issues so far with coolant hose or lifter drop. I'm at 700 miles, finger crossed. (I did check the coolant hose upon pickup, thanks Bronco6g!) Think I'm outside the bad batch with manufacture date week of Nov 29.

Drives like a car, not a truck. Even with Squatch. Tracks well, very little steering adjustment. Had a "car guy" at work drive it, who has a WRX, he was very impressed with drivability. (for what it's worth)

I have Lux, the Advanced Cruise Control is amazing. Never had anything like that. Works well, and is adjustable for distance easily.

Wind noise with MIC is nominal. Better than expected, unless you are over 70MPH, smooth sailing.

This thing kicks all kinds of ass? I have not seen another one since I picked it up. Just wait. The looks you get, especially from Jeeps. People will almost crash to pull a U-Turn to follow you. Maybe that's not a like? But trust me, it is. You command the road. Everywhere you go. But, you will hear from everyone "Oh, I ordered one of those a month ago, I should have it soon!" No, no you won't.

People have complained about the driver display above the steering wheel. I actually like it. So many options for display. I normally keep it on the multi, which shows engine temp, oil temp, boost...

Dislikes:

I have the dreaded popping noise on the MIC top. It's kinda random, mostly in cold. It started about week after pickup. I've read the threads here and plan on the DIY fix. It definitely gets annoying, but I just crank Slayer.

Too many digital options, vs. analog. For some reason, the remote start was turned off at pickup. Took a while to figure that out. Get off my lawn! You just don't think about these things when you're driving and many options are disabled in motion. Trust me, when you get this thing, sit there for like an hour and look at all the screen options. Like Zone Lighting.

No lights on shifter. I guess look up? The whole thing looks cheap though. The lettering looks like a mailbox. For some reason, this doesn't sit well with me for a vehicle of this price.

No light in the glove box.

Auto brights. It works well in the country, but in city situations, or dusk, it's a bit overzealous and I end up turning it of.

The interior plastic in the rear compartment WILL scratch immediately upon contact. Not even kidding.

10 speed was very janky the first week or so. a hell of a lot of shifting. After about 500 miles, it seems to have smoothed out a lot. It seems to really learn your driving habits.

The ledge over the main display is way too big. I'm only 5'11 and can't see the top of the screen. I can adjust the seat down, but like the higher position. If you're tall, this will suck. Why make a giant display that is obscured by this huge overhang? Bad design.

That's it for now. All in all, I do absolutely LOVE this thing. I can't stop looking at it, or driving it. I know this wait sucks, but it's 1000% worth it. Hang in there! Stay pumped?

For the record, 2nd day early morning Res. Badlands, SAS, MIC, TOW, LUX, A51. Larger dealer. 2 other Broncos delivered before mine, 1 MIC, 1 Softtop. NO ADM.

Edit: As others have said, check your tire pressure! Overinflated. 43, 42, 41, 43. Very much improves the ride once adjusted!
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice write-up, thanks for the honest opinion. Congrats!

Murph56789

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncos/F350s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I pretty much agree with all of it, can’t comment on the top though as I have a soft top. The top of the screen being blocked by the ledge surprises me though. I’m 6’3” and don’t have it blocked at all, but I sit with the seat in its lowest position.

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Congratulations! Thanks for posting.

BOT_ROCKET

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Fusion Sport, 90 Fox 5.0 Lx Hatch, 99 Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't baby it.
Don't beat on it.
There are many that say you don't need to break in new cars, but most of the break-in believers agree that babying it is worse than not breaking it in at all. You need higher cylinder pressure to seat the rings, but not so prolonged that it creates hot spots.
Just food for thought.
Sponsored