RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Noob offroader question for you pros out there: what happens on a narrow, treacherous trail like this when you have a competing vehicle coming the other way? I guess in this case you have enough trail vision to see other vehicles far enough in advance to find a pull-out, but what do you do in more visibility-restricted areas? What's the protocol/etiquette/best way not to fall off a cliff and die?
Sponsored

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Noob offroader question for you pros out there: what happens on a narrow, treacherous trail like this when you have a competing vehicle coming the other way? I guess in this case you have enough trail vision to see other vehicles far enough in advance to find a pull-out, but what do you do in more visibility-restricted areas? What's the protocol/etiquette/best way not to fall off a cliff and die?
Good question. Climber always has the right of way. It is the descending vehicle's responsibility to watch down the trail to anticipate climbing vehicles and use pull offs and wait. If no pull off exist, you back up until you get to one.

Often times in reality if a climber has a good pull off and sees a descending vehicle they will pull off and wait, but that is a courtesy and they technically have the right of way.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

CO Sooner

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like they're scheduling us to hit a couple of those

Jul 21: Trail Day (Engineer/Corkscrew)
Jul 22: Trail Day (Imogene/Ophir)
Jul 23: Trail Day (Black Bear*)

I'm excited to take the Bronco out amongst a group of Jeeps, more than a few are built up pretty good.
Nice, I will actually be in the area camping that same week and doing trails in my Cactus Grey Badlands - heading back for Denver on Friday. Absolutely no plans yet but maybe we will cross paths on one of those trails.

I have been in that area before in shoulder season and rented a Jeep and did some mild off-roading. It definitely lives up to the hype - enjoy!

Sponsored

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

As said uphill usually has right of way. However if there is a group running together then it is easier for a smaller group or a single vehicle to find a place to pull over and let the group go by. For those in groups - don't just wave but indicate how many are in the group behind you so the waiting vehicle knows which is the last one and can pull out. So if there are 5 in the group the lead holds up 4 fingers (4 behind me), the next driver 3 and so on till the last that indicates no fingers raised or a fist to let the other vehicle or group know that there is no one behind them (at least that are close)

Last edited:

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I might have to hit you up for a place to rent there
Zoned residential so have to rent a minimum of 30 days. So 4k/month or so during summer. There are areas that allow short term rental that can rent by the week. We used to stay in the state park in Ridgway in a tent and then upgraded to a pop up years ago. before we decided to buy a place during the housing bust at the end of Bush's presidency. There are also primitive camping places in the Amphitheater. And of course a few hotels/motels.

Last edited:

Step

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you ever needed a reason to visit Ouray....here you go! Would you go on that cliff at the end???
Coming Down Imogene

Ok. Finally somebody gets it. This is the first song I played in my bronco as I pulled out of the dealership. (It will sound even better when I get my speakers upgraded. Lol)When I started watching this video it gave me chills. Perfect choice for this video. Can’t wait to get mine on the mountain.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been looking too.

This one is sweet, I've been eyeing it for a few weeks now. It's under the 250g weight limit so you don't need a license and it has auto follow feature up to like 35mph.

https://www.dji.com/mini-3-pro
The new mini 3 pro is a fantastic option imo.

I have a Mavic air 2 and love it but I'm considering snatching up a mini 3 as well.

I have been very pleased with how easy the DJI drones have been to use etc.

Sponsored

kbutler1

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great footage and great jam as well!

OP
OP
MUDLVR

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok. Finally somebody gets it. This is the first song I played in my bronco as I pulled out of the dealership. (It will sound even better when I get my speakers upgraded. Lol)When I started watching this video it gave me chills. Perfect choice for this video. Can’t wait to get mine on the mountain.
Awesome! Thanks!

OP
OP
MUDLVR

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great video and some truly epic shots at the end.

I'd also be interested in learning more about what drone setup you use. Thinking on getting something for this kind of thing, but the amount I'm already sinking into the Bronco, it doesn't leave a lot for drone funds.
@OhhhhhhSnap I use the Skydio2. Best one out there for autonomous flying. You don't even have to steer it with a controller, the drone follows you with a beacon you keep on you in the rig. You can control how it moves around you, but you don't need to steer. It just follows you!

Skydio2+ Link

OP
OP
MUDLVR

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch