JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Where I live Sports aren't on the lot, when an ordered Sport gets abandoned dealers track on ADM. Same goes for Broncos.

My Sport took 8 months from order and they are taking around 5 months now. Still much better than a Bronco but they aren't just sitting on lots waiting either.

The Sport is a great little boxy car. I think it was going to be the new Escape be or an Escape variant and a marketing guy said "stick Bronco on it instead and we'll sell millions of them".

But hey it could be worse, think about all of the fake Z28's and Mustang GT's and Shelby's out there.
Sponsored

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A lot of people don't want removable doors/roof panels. They want more of a luxury off-roader...

Ford should really consider offering another Bronco that is the Bronco but without removable doors/roof and with a sun/moon roof. Yes it would take a slight redesign but you'd have a hit.

There's a sweet spot in there. The Bronco itself and what it's designed for off-road is for such a small segment. Many want the size/looks of the Bronco but don't need the removable stuff/etc. The sport is too small for a lot of folks.
Maybe Ford could try killing 2 birds with 1 stone... and build a full-size Bronco with non-removable roof. That would please the FSB folks and the removable roof haters.... though I'm not gonna lie, as someone who would love a fullsize bronco, a solid roof would be a bit of a disappointment (for me). Though perhaps they could make up for that with a proper tailgate and power rear window :unsure:

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Say you don't understand car culture without saying you don't understand car culture.

Nothing screams insecurity like people being worried that someone may think they bought a Bronco Sport.

There it is.
I think he might understand and have accurately described 'car culture' quite well, in actual fact.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, because so many people now think the Bronco is a lame little car.

They'll still every one they build but there's no denying there was a reputation hit. I've had to explain it to way too many people.
I don’t think people see a Bronco and think “lane little car”. If anything, they’re always so pleasantly surprised to the point where I now need to refer to it as the Bronco Bronco

Sponsored

Wark

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

. I as a Bronco owner am planning on organizing a full street style rumble against Bronco Sport owners. Chains, Bats, socks with pad locks in them, & Tridents will just a few of the weapons involved. HOW DARE THEY DRIVE AROUND MY TOWN WITH THE NAME BRONCO ON THERE GRILL! They must pay.
. Ahh then again, maybe I’ll just drive my Bronco and be happy. Maybe I’ll even allow them some happiness also.
jeez
Yes but will you give them the bronco wave?!

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No, because so many people now think the Bronco is a lame little car

No the issue is people like you that have to shit on another car because it doesn’t meet YOUR criteria for what a Bronco is

Who gives a flying F what other people think.

As for the Escape vs. Bronco Sport-the Escape is slightly larger and more car like then the BS. The BS is more butchy and looks tough and has some off roading ability. Also no hybrid options on the Bronco Sport

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Sport is a great little boxy car. I think it was going to be the new Escape be or an Escape variant and a marketing guy said "stick Bronco on it instead and we'll sell millions of them
Not exactly-it was developed under the name Gen X/z CUV before coming the Bronco Sport. The CUV market has grown over the years and different variants have come about. The BS falls into the “Short C segment” market, where as the Escape is regular C segment that is slightly longer/larger.

BuckeyeDuramax

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 2500 HD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not many people... But who do you know who's waited more than 16 months for a Bronco they ordered - not "reserved", ordered?
Very good point! We will still count the days and see I suppose... coming up on 14 months "Ordered" here so we shall see.

Sponsored

stellandter

Black Diamond
First Name
Stella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mits outlander, Chrysler Pacifica, 67 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A buddy of mine is still sending me texts of Bronco Sports he sees while driving, even after I explained the difference. I was talking with a neighbor about the Bronco, and he insisted a guy a few blocks over had bought one. Sure enough it was a Sport.

In the general public, I feel like there is still a lot of confusion. Maybe when more Bronco Broncos start showing up on the roads, the confusion will die down.
I doubt it - plenty of people just don't care enough to remember. I'm in a group where some sport owners don't even really understand the difference 🤣

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No, because so many people now think the Bronco is a lame little car.

They'll still every one they build but there's no denying there was a reputation hit. I've had to explain it to way too many people.
It will subside in a few years when there's a good number of them on the road. Is anyone confusing the Cherokee and Grand Cherokee?

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If I was at that stage of life that I needed 4 doors I'd buy the Sport, there's no question in my mind on this.

IMO the 4 door full size is too much of a compromise, the soft top and removable hard top are of no use to me. In a 4 door family oriented vehicle I want a full metal hard top and I specifically do not want a sun roof.

Then there's the rear lift up opening of the soft top that only opens a few inches, that is the stupidest thing I've ever seen on a vehicle!

The full size 4 door also has smaller doors than the 2 door. The B-pillar on the 4 door hits me square in the shoulder and blocks my view to the side. The 2 door's B-pillar is behind my shoulder and I'm 6'-2".

I look at it this way:
- if someone wants a 4 door for a family vehicle then get the Sport
- if someone wants an off-road 4 door then get the Jeep Wrangler
- if someone wants the Bronco because it's a Bronco then get the 2 door
And if they want an off-road oriented vehicle with good highway manners, room for the family, and a manual? Plus they have positive association with the Bronco for whatever reason?

Being a parent involves a lot of compromise. That's just the reality of it.

Ultralisk

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is and isn't. It wouldn't be the Explorer for example. It would more closely resemble a 4 Runner I would say.

Basically again, take the Bronco and just give it permanent doors and roof with better noise reduction and a nice big moon roof and you'd probably get 25-50% of the folks opting for this version. It would give them all the off-road capabilities but with better noise reduction and some other features you just can't get with the removable options.
They do make this, its called an Everest, and they sell it pretty much everywhere but the U.S. I guess they don't think there is a market for it here. Its not as cool looking as a Bronco though.

Jericho107

Outer Banks
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 and Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My wife has a bronco sport and its a great small suv. We ordered a bronco outer banks in February just to have something a bit bigger. Order still hasn’t been picked up yet.
Sponsored