Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

As others have said, this happens ALL the time. No car fax. With Aluminum doors, they may replace rather than pull and putty. But, more than likely, you won’t notice the difference. I had one come in and realized a few days later that it had been painted. The dealer didn’t know about it. The depots do this all the time, it’s what they do.

Too bad you had to know because you can’t unsee it. But it will be fine but it stings I know.
Sponsored

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 Door, '05 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it helps you feel any better, my Bronco poster was damaged during transit. On the bright side, my hammock and my flag arrived without an issue.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes drivers side rear door. We’re surprised they’re fixing it and not replacing the door
My Bronco was recently hit while parked. It dented the door. I dropped it off Monday for repair.

Ford Bronco Bronco damaged. What to expect? 20211020_222755

The reason I post this is because of what the shop told me.

They said that a door skin replacement is not so good. It won't be like factory. Plus they found an additional crease in the door. So they ordered a whole door shell for me. No back order. They said it would arrive by this past Wednesday.

I'd push for a whole shell. Your argument being that the vehicle is still brand new.

The other crease they found was on the inside. He found it immediately. Definitely check yours.

It was on the inside, just opposite the outside dent. Ever so slight but it was a small crease.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Problem is they’ll probably blend paint into an adjacent panel depending on how close to edge the dent is. Hopefully blend within the panel. But the blend better be superior otherwise the repair will be apparent to a trained eye. Plus there will be a car fax record of the repair, assuming shop reports it up through their estimating platform (normally this is what happens). There’s no replacement for a factory paint job I don’t care what anyone says.
With a non metallic paint, there is no reason to blend into another panel, just a perfect color match is needed. You should definitely get a new door and not a bang and putty job. Dealer ships are typically not known to have the best body shops. You would be better off getting a discount for the new door then picking your shop wisely. Thats my opinion.

Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco was recently hit while parked. It dented the door. I dropped it off Monday for repair.

Ford Bronco Bronco damaged. What to expect? 20211020_222755

The reason I post this is because of what the shop told me.

They said that a door skin replacement is not so good. It won't be like factory. Plus they found an additional crease in the door. So they ordered a whole door shell for me. No back order. They said it would arrive by this past Wednesday.

I'd push for a whole shell. Your argument being that the vehicle is still brand new.

The other crease they found was on the inside. He found it immediately. Definitely check yours.

It was on the inside, just opposite the outside dent. Ever so slight but it was a small crease.
Correct, new door.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Get a new door and don't have it repaired you paid for a new product not something that has damage to it. I see a lot of scratch and dent stuff in the job I do and they always have it marked down!

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Problem is they’ll probably blend paint into an adjacent panel depending on how close to edge the dent is. Hopefully blend within the panel. But the blend better be superior otherwise the repair will be apparent to a trained eye. Plus there will be a car fax record of the repair, assuming shop reports it up through their estimating platform (normally this is what happens). There’s no replacement for a factory paint job I don’t care what anyone says.
Blending into adjacent panel is WHAT you want, looking at how close the damage is to the fender. A panel spray will stick out like a sore thumb!
And you know they will panel paint it because to do it properly would mean prepping and clearing potentially the entire side of the truck. 🤷🏻

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There’s no need for a new door, and from what I can see no need for paint. They’ll pdr the dent then cut and polish the panel you won’t be able to even tell. Trust me you don’t want it to be painted. I had a vvery similar dent they did PDR and can’t even notice now.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agreed. I would use this as a bargaining chip. $1K off, or $1K in accessories. Dealership should get reimbursed from Ford.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had hood damage. They tried to patch the paint and blend it but couldn’t make it work. They finally took the hood off, sand blasted it and repainted it. Looks great.
Sponsored