Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You
You have a 23' Bronco according to your profile name I'm confused on how you keep referring to unconnected lmao any Ford dealership can pull up your mileage, fuel level, any maintenance done at Ford, or any check engine light status you have. You drive around with your phone in your pocket that listens to everything you say. Just because you type out privacy in a forum doesn't mean you have any.......
That's what you think. My other cars are a 72 Chevelle and a DD Subaru with no "connectivity." And I don't carry a cell phone. Some of us still value our privacy. Others never read Orwell.
Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@JTBros : You sir are correct. yes, I had to go look. Lol So it is worded funny, but there is a motor front and back that splits into a servo? to each wheel giving it the AWD.

So I learned something. I guess that is the reason a Rivian truck is so quick. A good friend of mine has one, and he always tries to race people when he is on a full charge.

That said, the Mach E is no slouch, in unbridled mode it has some serious response. Have not hit to many times because you literally watch the battery do a countdown to no energy.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@JTBros : You sir are correct. yes, I had to go look. Lol So it is worded funny, but there is a motor front and back that splits into a servo? to each wheel giving it the AWD.

So I learned something. I guess that is the reason a Rivian truck is so quick. A good friend of mine has one, and he always tries to race people when he is on a full charge.

That said, the Mach E is no slouch, in unbridled mode it has some serious response. Have not hit to many times because you literally watch the battery do a countdown to no energy.
I am no pro on how EV drivetrains work, that may require some extra independent research lol.

As far as why the Rivian is so fast, part of that does boil down to the motors. Not only does it allow the car to send power to each tire that has grip while one may be slipping in a drag race, but it also helps with sending power where needed off road.

The Lucid Sapphire is faster and more powerful with just three motors, but that’s also a sedan and doesn’t have to concern itself with off road capability.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Logically it makes sense, therefore I doubt Ford would do it.

Absolutely no chance I would buy an electric car, a hybrid absolutely.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
A lot of companies are scaling back their EV production not just Ford. The Mach E and Lightening have been huge money losers for Ford (from what I've been hearing).

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I also simply don't want to plan trips around my charge or lack of and having to sit in a random Walmart parking lot for 45 minutes waiting instead of driving.
Even in a gas car, I pre-plan my fueling stops based on price and range using gasbuddy.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unfortunately manuals just don't have a place in EVs.

No manuals is a big part of why I'm not willing to accept EVs at this point
There is a bit of a niche market in converting ICE to EV. Especially Miatas for some reason. The conversion is almost always done on a manual, because having a clutch gives you a very easy way to integrate an electric motor into an existing drivetrain.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honestly, I could drive this as a daily AROUND TOWN. I would not go out of town in it. Also, I would need the home charger system.
A home "charger" is really a "smart" power cord. You can plug one into a drier outlet. Folks with older homes with dryers in the garage just use a Y shaped 240 VAC extension cord to charge.

If your meter is on the garage wall, and you have room in your breaker box, you can add a dedicated plug for what, 80 bucks?

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting timing, I just saw a blurb this morning that Jeep intends to switch to only EV and hybrids in 2028.

That would kill their market. I doubt the majority of Jeep owners would prefer an EV over ICE. That is just not their demographic in my opinion.

When an EV platform reaches the market, and there's a reliable infrastructure, and the bugs are worked out a bit better, and the prices came down to Earth, I'm all in.

Till that day gimme ICE, Just not in my bourbon.

Sponsored

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A lot of companies are scaling back their EV production not just Ford. The Mach E and Lightening have been huge money losers for Ford (from what I've been hearing).
What was it, $4.4 billion loss for these overweight paper weights? Anyone with two working brain cells know you want to make $$$ in business, not lose it, and considering that EV's hit the ceiling already, don't gotta be Nostradamus to know where this is going

JLC64UK

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 21 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone looked at the the Toyota 1-6-90 plan.
Saw this on social media the other day and googled it and found couple different articles about it.
Too bad others arent thinking more logically.
Here's a link to one article: https://energyminute.ca/news/toyotas-1690-rule-the-case-for-hybrids/

Seems like smart thinking to me. Just saying

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

EVs have a place they just aren't a blanket solution. We need a mix of fuels, let the consumers choose.
WHOA!!!
Now THERE's a concept!!!
Let consumers choose what is best for them, instead of letting the gummint mandate what they are allowed to use!!!

Flurry

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That logo… I keep seeing:
Ford Bronco Bronco EV reportedly on hold until early next decade (⚠️ ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS) 4F934C0A-4006-4082-9D07-CDBA071F2992
Sponsored