First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did it mention bronco hybrid? That seems more feasible.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm more interested in a hybrid model. But this is perfect timing for me. I planned to hold onto my 21 model year for quite a while. And only wanted to trade up for a different tech model bronco. Be it hydrogen or electric or hybrid. Get with the times kind of thing.

So I can wait til 2030s for sure.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

EVs have a place they just aren't a blanket solution. We need a mix of fuels, let the consumers choose.
I actually agree with @Tricky Mike, which is concerning on its own.

I like EV's - However I think a plug-in hybrid is a better approach while the infrastructure and battery technology improve. For an off-road vehicle, a fully EV capable vehicle doesn't make much sense - Albeit, many customers won't go off-roading long enough where having extra range would matter anyways.

Give a plug-in hybrid option, where you can get decent range with the electric option (maybe 100 km or so?), and you might be onto a winner.

Last edited:

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually agree with @Tricky Mike, which is concerning on its own.

I like EV's - However I think a plug-in hybrid is a better approach while the infrastructure and battery improvements improve. For an off-road vehicle, a fully EV capable vehicle doesn't make much sense - Albeit, many customers won't go off-roading long enough where having extra range would matter anyways.

Give a plug-in hybrid option, where you can get decent range with the electric option (maybe 100 km or so?), and you might be onto a winner.
It is concerning and makes me reconsider my position....

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
EVs have a place they just aren't a blanket solution. We need a mix of fuels, let the consumers choose.
An EV economy car would be a nice fit for my household. It could accommodate majority of the driving we do in the urban Chicagoland area, with home charging every few days and little range anxiety. A compliment to the gasoline Bronco being more of the workhorse, hauling boats and stuff, going off-road, etc.

I would have bought an economy EV four years ago, but no EV at the time could match the $14k I paid new for our Kia Soul fuel sipper. The EV prices need to drop.

Like you said, EVs are not a blanket solution at this time. But could do well for users in an urban environment, especially households also having a gasoline vehicle for longer trips and other duties.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kinda sucks but I’d rather have a full baked product than something rushed. Hopefully this doesn’t mean the PHEV Bronco will be delayed. I’d rather get into that than nothing on my next Bronco.

I already have my gas guzzler (2024 GMC 3500 HD AT4 6.6 Duramax). Would be awesome to have an energy efficient adventure rig

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

An EV economy car would be a nice fit for my household. It could accommodate majority of the driving we do in the urban Chicagoland area, with home charging every few days and little range anxiety. A compliment to the gasoline Bronco being more of the workhorse, hauling boats and stuff, going off-road, etc.

I would have bought an economy EV four years ago, but no EV at the time could match the $14k I paid new for our Kia Soul fuel sipper. The EV prices need to drop.

Like you said, EVs are not a blanket solution at this time. But could do well for users in an urban environment, especially households also having a gasoline vehicle for longer trips and other duties.
If I'm being perfectly honest something like an ID3 or Leaf would work perfectly fine as a commuter for both my wife and I. She even kind of likes the Ioniq 5. But I'm not giving up my Bronco or retiring it to toy duty.