DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They shouldn’t have raised MSRP so much. My exact build 21 Badlands is like $8k more now if you buy a new one. I would not be a Bronco buyer now because I don’t think my Bronco is worth mid $50k and I don’t want to settle for a lower model. If I didn’t already have the 21 , I wouldn’t be shopping for a Bronco.

did Jeep jack up their MSRPs?

and while I’m at it a Braptor for almost $100k MSRP is a complete joke.
Sponsored

BobN - USAF

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend, 1942 Ford GPW (jeep)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I went to the Ford website a few minutes ago. I searched inventory near me. Changed the URL to 500 mile radius. The website inventory is not forthcoming in that it would only say there are 100+ Broncos near me. I sorted by lowest to highest price. The Big Bends, I saw were 42K (2 Door) 44K (4 door) or thereabout and of course up. Looked like they were all soft tops but I didn't look closely. My 23 BB mid package was 49.3K with dual tops, rear locker, 4.27, non-SAS, keyless entry keypad (never used it), aux switches and a credit for AM/FM, 6 spkrs, and two sets of floor mats.

PXL_20230901_133829797.jpg

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is a distinct reason why I did not darken the door of or suggest Ford at all this past weekend when my daughter was hot to buy a new vehicle.
She got one, but not a Ford. And it could have been.
I love my '21, in at MSRP before all of the giant money-grab price increases. It has been steady and dependable with very minor and few things to work on.
However, the dealer network and the sheer contempt they seem to have for their own customers leaves MUCH to be desired. Even if pricing and greediness were not a factor.

We visited the Chevy dealer again the prior weekend to get a camera issue fixed on our Silverado.
Completely different attitude and environment in the service dept. vs when I have to visit Ford's.
And I've tried 3 different service depts "near me". It is more of the same.

The problems run much deeper than pricing, quality, service, dealers at singular levels show.
Put them all together and you have a situation where a mega-company making tons of money simply doesn't seem to care at all if you are a happy or repeat customer.

It's almost a persona of "Screw it, we'll sell to someone else."

Let them eat cake, it seems.
It's actually gotten better the past few years, with my 16' Super Duty it was at a low point! The dealership I purchased the truck from told me not to come back since I lit them up on a Ford service survey after they didn't fix my truck for 4 visits. I had the Bronco in twice now once for the rear passenger window not being glued on completely and a free oil change, both were WAY better experiences than a few years ago.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it all the a-h*les that refuse to wave and if they get Ducked they freak out and write a post about it on the internet how no one should ever touch or come near their vehicle.

People are just saying F-Ford and buying Jeeps as it's a closer knit and more friendly community.

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went to the Ford website a few minutes ago. I searched inventory near me. Changed the URL to 500 mile radius. The website inventory is not forthcoming in that it would only say there are 100+ Broncos near me. I sorted by lowest to highest price. The Big Bends, I saw were 42K (2 Door) 44K (4 door) or thereabout and of course up. Looked like they were all soft tops but I didn't look closely. My 23 BB mid package was 49.3K with dual tops, rear locker, 4.27, non-SAS, keyless entry keypad (never used it), aux switches and a credit for AM/FM, 6 spkrs, and two sets of floor mats.

Ford Bronco Bronco Market Share down to 25%, while Jeep is 40% and 4Runner 35% PXL_20230901_133829797
I watch this weekly with a saved Autotrader search, there is currently 7248 NEW 23' Bronco's and 10337 NEW 24's.

Sponsored

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My Jeep dealer has 30% off MSRP for this Jeep Gladiator...

https://www.hbchryslerdodgejeepram....e-county-1fe81d2f0a0e0a9147f2ea988e8cb288.htm

I can see this type of discount coming to Ford sometime this year for the '23 Broncos. All auto makers are going to continue to be vying for business until rates come down, especially the ones like Ford that ran up their prices.
This is also a 2022 MY vehicle, they're paying out the wazoo on their floorplan to keep it on their lot--I'm surprised they haven't sent it to auction already.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They shouldn’t have raised MSRP so much. My exact build 21 Badlands is like $8k more now if you buy a new one. I would not be a Bronco buyer now because I don’t think my Bronco is worth mid $50k and I don’t want to settle for a lower model. If I didn’t already have the 21 , I wouldn’t be shopping for a Bronco.

did Jeep jack up their MSRPs?

and while I’m at it a Braptor for almost $100k MSRP is a complete joke.
Insane that it started at 68k.

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think Bronco's will sell simlar to Mustangs in cold weather states. During late fall into early spring, most Mustangs sit on the lot, once the first warm weekend comes around, they start taking off.

new to bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well respected "The Ford Authority" has an interesting article comparing Bronco's market share to Jeep and 4Runner, is Ford in trouble?

Competitive Sales Comparison (USA)

Ford Bronco sales fell 26 percent moving just 24,066 units during Q1 2024, keeping The Blue Oval’s rugged pony in last place behind its two competitors.

The Jeep Wrangler took back the lead with though sales were nearly flat with 38,308 deliveries, up a spot from the previous quarter. The Toyota 4Runner slipped back to the middle in spite of a 60 percent jump to 33,823 units, but was still ahead of the Bronco by nearly 10K deliveries.

In terms of segment share, the Wrangler earned a 40 percent share, down one percentage point year-over-year. The 4Runner posted a 35 percent segment share, down a 12 percentage points, while the Ford Bronco held 25 percent share, down 10 percentage points.

Overall, the midsize off-road SUV segment grew five percent to 96,197 units, meaning Ford Bronco sales significantly underperformed the segment average.

Ford Bronco sales fell again to start out the year, remaining last among just three entries during the first quarter of 2024
, while the Jeep Wrangler and Toyota 4Runner traded places. At least the Bronco doesn’t have a competitor from GM to contend with, which continues to have no answer for Ford’s off-roading SUV.

Ford Bronco Bronco Market Share down to 25%, while Jeep is 40% and 4Runner 35% PXL_20230901_133829797
Oh, so these are customer sales? Unlike the monthly sales reports that some forum members claim they are sales to dealers? :ROFLMAO:

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Jeep dealer has 30% off MSRP for this Jeep Gladiator...

https://www.hbchryslerdodgejeepram....e-county-1fe81d2f0a0e0a9147f2ea988e8cb288.htm

I can see this type of discount coming to Ford sometime this year for the '23 Broncos. All auto makers are going to continue to be vying for business until rates come down, especially the ones like Ford that ran up their prices.
That price for a Sport Gladi was vastly inflated to begin with.
However, the new v-6 Challenger for $18K seems too good to be true with the prices of new cars these days.

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That price for a Sport Gladi was vastly inflated to begin with.
However, the new v-6 Challenger for $18K seems too good to be true with the prices of new cars these days.
Make sure you leave those yellow air dam protectors on there. It's the Dodge way.

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I own two Broncos.
That said, overall car sales are slowing drastically.
Except they are not. Why do people spout this nonsense? Sales so far in 2024 are just a hair better than 2023 and expected to stay that way the rest of the year. People just aren't throwing money at toys like the Bronco - which I love but for $55K+ there are vastly better options for families.

https://www.coxautoinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/Q1-2024-Update-Cox-Automotive-Forecasts.pdf

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Wild Horses 4x4

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wildhorses4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well respected "The Ford Authority" has an interesting article comparing Bronco's market share to Jeep and 4Runner, is Ford in trouble?

Competitive Sales Comparison (USA)

Ford Bronco sales fell 26 percent moving just 24,066 units during Q1 2024, keeping The Blue Oval’s rugged pony in last place behind its two competitors.

The Jeep Wrangler took back the lead with though sales were nearly flat with 38,308 deliveries, up a spot from the previous quarter. The Toyota 4Runner slipped back to the middle in spite of a 60 percent jump to 33,823 units, but was still ahead of the Bronco by nearly 10K deliveries.

In terms of segment share, the Wrangler earned a 40 percent share, down one percentage point year-over-year. The 4Runner posted a 35 percent segment share, down a 12 percentage points, while the Ford Bronco held 25 percent share, down 10 percentage points.

Overall, the midsize off-road SUV segment grew five percent to 96,197 units, meaning Ford Bronco sales significantly underperformed the segment average.

Ford Bronco sales fell again to start out the year, remaining last among just three entries during the first quarter of 2024
, while the Jeep Wrangler and Toyota 4Runner traded places. At least the Bronco doesn’t have a competitor from GM to contend with, which continues to have no answer for Ford’s off-roading SUV.

Ford Bronco Bronco Market Share down to 25%, while Jeep is 40% and 4Runner 35% 1712592168413-ki
It's still the early days and Ford's known for its resilience + the Bronco's got a solid fan base.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

How much torque do you need?

Not much with the correct gearing... Wranglers have been wheeling forever with gutless engines. The Bronco needs maybe 200 ft/lbs of torque to go anywhere (easily in the realm of ANY 3.5 liter V-8 or 6 for that matter).

Is more torque generally better, why yes, but more HP is fun too.
my coyote makes 418 tq, but if you know the peak rpm is higher than these small T/TT engines where you need it for offroad. I consider a 302/5.0L engine small :)
Sponsored