Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish this was the case but our insider said a page or two ago that 40-60K for the year would be outstanding. I dont know what to believe anymore.
Somewhere between 40-120k. :p
Sponsored

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish this was the case but our insider said a page or two ago that 40-60K for the year would be outstanding. I dont know what to believe anymore.
That’s because some well-intentioned members here keep talking about capacity (i.e., the maximum that can be produced under ideal circumstances) instead of throughout (i.e., the rate of production under real production constraints).

Throughput is almost always lower than capacity because of real production constraints (e.g., shifts worked, labor supply, union strikes, parts availability, shipping/receiving bottlenecks, quality control/rejects, tool & die breakage, fires).

Two notable recent examples of real-life production constraints which have negatively impacted Ford’s throughput numbers in Q2 were:
  1. The Webasto labor shortages and quality control rejects, which limited Bronco throughput during ramp-up, and
  2. The Renesas chip plant fire in Japan, which limited throughput on a bunch of the other product lines, included the profitable F-series trucks.

Last edited:

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Facebook randomly suggested a Bronco group page to me today, and I saw a post with someone cheering about their build week coming up and someone else replied with this:

Ford Bronco Bronco Mass Production - 6/10 Update. Good news from MAP - body shop output now matches Ranger 1623533150921

I know nothing of the person who posted this, but it appears he's from Michigan so might be an employee. Anyone hear anything similar?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Facebook randomly suggested a Bronco group page to me today, and I saw a post with someone cheering about their build week coming up and someone else replied with this:

Ford Bronco Bronco Mass Production - 6/10 Update. Good news from MAP - body shop output now matches Ranger 1623533150921

I know nothing of the person who posted this, but it appears he's from Michigan so might be an employee. Anyone hear anything similar?
That might partly explain why a bunch of 6/28ers got bumped.

Moosie

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 edge st. 2015 corvette z51
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After delivering some not-so-great news earlier on the Webasto front, I figured my brothers and sisters here were due for some encouraging news out of MAP.

Today marked the first day that the Bronco body shop matched the Ranger body shop output 1:1 with around 120 bodies completed in one *shift* This isn't a final assembly number, but it's a huge first step.

Daily Bronco totals off of Final Assembly should hit at least 150 by next week.

Over the next several weeks, the FA blend will elevate to produce 3 Broncos to 1 Ranger. By the time all systems are at full speed in early August, expect a 5:1 or even 7:1 ratio to protect as much of the 2021 forecast as possible.

While there are obvious commodity issues impacting which builds can be scheduled, the biggest hindrance in overall raw production numbers for Bronco remains within the closure lines... especially the door stations. These cycle times have not yet been set as procedures are still being adjusted.

Even with all the commodity issues, Bronco production is right on track for the timeline we've been discussing for months. I know individual build delays are frustrating, but they're ramping up to pump them out just as quickly as they can.
What do you think my chance for a 2021. Two door black diamond SAS. With a day one registration and a 60 Broncos dealer.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
bright side of the story? Everglades green baby
I am 100% convinced we are getting Everglades Green next year.

I am also 95% convinced it will only be available on a Heritage Edition, which will replace the First Edition (with similar pricing) . No Green for us poors.

Sponsored

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@PREMiERdrum @Ksjrb03

Any insight on what the challenges really are with the Wildtraks? Can’t just be the MIC, while so many other builds are being scheduled with added SAS, 2.7, MIC, etc and getting scheduled however limited Wildtraks seem to be and these packages are standard on the Wildtrak.

And here’s some insight for whatever it’s worth that’s got me anxious. I’m #1 of 10 allocated (13 total orders) at my dealer. (I know my number doesn’t necessarily matter, but it’s just what he told me). 2 of the 13 are WTs (including mine). He has had zero customer Broncos scheduled, only his one mannequin. Maybe regions are playing large factors? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So here is what I don't get. As of now it sounds like the largest issue is labor with Webasco. And it sounds like when Ford brought over a labor force for 2 weeks, numbers were up.

So why are you ramping up Bronco Productions or talking about layoffs.. take all that apparent extra manpower and put it on MICs for a month or two at least.
Sponsored