Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

True, because the dirty secret is that a BB with the 4.27 locker is thousands less than other trims but still with all the basics covered - just a good set of tires away from being capable and reasonably equipped for $40K (4dr).
...and with the take rate our BB's will be as rare as First Editions!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
True, because the dirty secret is that a BB with the 4.27 locker is thousands less than other trims but still with all the basics covered - just a good set of tires away from being capable and reasonably equipped for $40K (4dr).
Ford Bronco Bronco model misconceptions 1618329689655

Bajabound

Big Bend
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend, 1986 VW Vanagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
man, some people really didnt get the joke of this thread at first haha.

This validates why I think they aren't showing any BD off road content... Seems like if they show it, then people wont feel insecure about their BD trim and in turn not upgrade to the BL. To be honest they will all be a beast, but that doesnt sell high trim models I guess

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Totally agree with this. I have found myself bouncing back and forth among the different models mostly based on interior color and less so on functional features. Wish I could get the cloth sandstone from the BB in the WT I ordered. I’m stuck getting leather in the WT because of the awful pixelated cloth seat pattern in the WT. Mission accomplished Ford, you got me for another $2200! Or maybe those pixels will start to grow on me.

Bob
This is part of the reason I went with Sandstone/onyx on my BB, It looks like a WT but better. Really though I don't think the pixels on the are $2K bad (there's a Bronco figure hidden in there somewhere, right?)..if the upholstery is zip off like some Fords I might even trade ya for your pixels!

Sponsored

clyde

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You hit a wall on BD and BB. People seem to not understand why these models are artificially limited. This is why. They are really non-models. No disrespect to them, I'm on team BB, but Ford doesn't want you in these models. They want you on a higher trim.
Sure, they want you to buy more expensive trim but what they really don’t want is for you to walk; they know there’s is market for BB and BD.

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm one of those that opted for the BD instead of Badlands...honestly I have zero need for the sway bar disconnect, but I wanted the MGV because I have a dog and I'm a former jeep owner and if you have never experienced mildew after it rains with the top off good luck.

I do love having as much tech as possible in the car with the 12 inch screen and adaptive cruise control were very high on my list, but having to cough up an extra 4k to make it happen was a no go for me in the badlands. I actually first started out OBX, but that interior is god awful! Thanks Ford for taking away options.

So I ended up BD with mid, but still getting squash. Which I wouldnt have been able to get if I got the Lux package with the Badlands which still would have been more expensive with features I really didnt need in the first place. Getting a 50k bronco instead of a 54k bronco saves you some money in car payments.

MostHumblest

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Honestly, they probably lose money on the manual trans. If Jeep didn't offer it still, Ford probably wouldn't even have bothered.

So they "offer" it, but then lock it behind the bookends of the no-package base, or the maxed out Badlands. I'm surprised they caved to the pressure to offer manual sasquatch.
Seems like there's truth to this, guess I should be sending the folks at Jeep a thank you note.

If I were running the show, I'd be trying to get this newly developed manual into as many broncos as possible, even at a slight loss, or ya know, charge another $200-$300 each. Probably why I'll never be CEO at Ford.

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems like there's truth to this, guess I should be sending the folks at Jeep a thank you note.

If I were running the show, I'd be trying to get this newly developed manual into as many broncos as possible, even at a slight loss, or ya know, charge another $200-$300 each. Probably why I'll never be CEO at Ford.
I would have gone even farther. ONLY Bronco ST / RS / Lightning / Raptor / Tremor / Warthog / whatever the first year, manual only. Come with mid package standard; the only options are squatch and lux.

You know they would have sold every single one of them for $65k, and we wouldn't have any of the "seven sins" because there wouldn't be so many different parts.

Once all the influencers and die-hards get their limited edition, you start rolling out at all the peasant trims so that aspirational buyers (myself included) can tell themselves they are going to get a Bronco and go camping and wheeling.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

By this logic one may argue that there is only one trim level. Everything else is just options or packages, and Ford limiting your ability to add anything in any combination created the other trims. Thats just how trim levels work isnt it? Yes, pricing structure makes certain trim levels more logical depending on your needs, but im glad there was an option within my price range that cut out stuff i dont need. Sure, i also wish i could buy a base, add MGV, rear locker, heated seats and whatnot... but corporations be corporations. In the end, im happy with my Black Diamond at the price i am paying

Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm fine if I just stop getting asked by people if the Bronco's they see driving around is what I'm getting, with a look of perplexity on their face. No dude, that's a sport.

Redrooster33

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda pilot
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

See what all this waiting is doing to us?? Stupid arguments!
Sponsored