Advertisement

Bronco Paint Sample Chips -- Area 51, Cactus Gray, Carbonized Gray, Antimatter Blue

BroncoKong Jr.

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco ... yet
Thanks. I believe they’ve been converting reservations to orders for about a week. I really wanted the 4 door but the Sport is for my wife, replacing her Subaru Forester.
Ordering starts in December...

edit: I'm an idiot

Advertisement

Last edited:

Wolfsburg

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F-150, 1968 Ford Mustang California Special, 1969 Ford Mustang coupe, 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
Yeah, if Antimatter Blue is that dark, I'll need to reevaluate things!

rmc523

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Still not sure what to think of Area 51!

2021 Bronco Paint Sample Chips Area 51 Cactus Gray Carbonized Gray Shadow Black.jpeg
Area 51 doesn't look bad there or in the Sport picture.

Is Carbonized gray, a flat finish?
Don't think so - I see metallic flake in there.

Antimatter blue looks basically black to me
Yeah, that's what I've been telling people - that it's one of those blues that's so dark it's barely blue except for perfect lighting conditions. This is it at the F-150 reveal. Now granted, it's in a hanger or something, but still......

1595555875508.png

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
I mean cactus grey here looks like just plain grey. All other pictures give it a blue green hue
The Ford shots definitely look amazing with awesome blue tones. Every real picture of an actual Cactus Grey looks much more grey without those blue tones. I'm worried I will be disappointed with Cactus Grey. I have a dark blue explorer now, so think ill go Area 51 for a medium blue]gray.

BroncoKong Jr.

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco ... yet
The Ford shots definitely look amazing with awesome blue tones. Every real picture of an actual Cactus Grey looks much more grey without those blue tones. I'm worried I will be disappointed with Cactus Grey. I have a dark blue explorer now, so think ill go Area 51 for a medium blue]gray.
I first noticed the blueish hue in the Motortrend first look. Looks great in that video.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Well, I'll be letting you guys know what Area 51 actually looks like in a few months. Placed my order for the First Edition Sport this afternoon. Area 51 "mystery" continues.
I have a khaki grey Subaru. I’m thinking the Area 51 is similar but darker and greyer

AH64DB2

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I hope we get see actual colors on the Sport before reservations become orders.

elmystico

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser 4WD, 1990 Toyota pickup
I've been so focused on Area 51 or Cactus Grey that I forgot about the reds. You know, the reds with a white top might be pretty old-school looking.

JAG

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
The best way to get an idea of the look of Antimatter blue is to see the debut on the F-150.

Garbage interior lighting, but still gives the best idea of what it'll be like I've seen. *Sound Warning*

Advertisement

Advertisement