85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford better PRAY that Toyota doesnt redesign the 4Runner anytime soon. Id jump ship in a minute if it has a removable roof because this is beyond annoying. If Webasto cant deliver, dump em. Im willing to spend 50K on a vehicle I really dont need with the main reason being a removable top. No point in a winter delivery so it can sit for months
If I could I would go steel top 4Runner and just bypass all this silly drama.

Mama wants a Bronco though...
Sponsored

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I understand your logic but here’s mine, why put a Demo on a lot that by Fords own rules can’t be produced except for reservation holders? Use that unit to fill a reservation! Hmmm that‘s to simple to actually make sense, might just be a dumb Okie but thats what I would do.
I completely agree, my point being they don't need to sell us on a Bronco. They've already done that. They need to sell Broncos to people that aren't hopelessly addicted. 200k reservations, great, but who cares if even half take delivery if they can sell three times as many off the lot. I've got a dozen apple trees growing in my orchard and I'll have 100 apples that will be perfect in 18-24 months. 50 cents a piece. But I've also got 1000 sour green apples that I can give you tomorrow for the low price of 65 cents, you know because of the demand

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my unsolicited opinion, this would be the best course of action:

"We're sorry to share with you that the Molded-in-Color hard tops arriving at our production facility from a supplier have failed to meet the standards we have for a product as exciting as Bronco. Going forward, all Bronco 4-door units will be shipped with the factory soft top until a new hard top is available, at which point one will be available to you through your dealer. Two-door Broncos will be shipped with the Bestop soft top. As an appreciation for your patience and understanding, we've automatically credited your FordPass Rewards account with an additional 25,000 points, and you'll soon receive an email with a lifetime premium membership to Bronco Nation. There's still some wild out there, and we can't wait to help you find it."

Cutting their loss NOW would make a huge difference in what they're on the hook for down the road.
I could live with a soft top until such time as a quality hard top was available. If Ford gave me a soft top to keep until the hard top I ordered came through, I wouldn't even need FordPass Rewards. The "extra" top would be reward enough for me.

Sponsored

pfbz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Turbo, 991 Turbo S, 996 turbo, Q5 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow.

I try not to obsess over when I might get an allocation for my day-2 Basesquatch build and only check in here once a week or so...

It is never good news.

The one thing I absolutely am not willing to give up is the 2-door config, and with this latest Webaso disaster and no soft top solution for 2-doors, sounds like I am likely screwed on getting my bronco built anytime soon.

Of course thanks to Bronco6G for at least keeping us informed...
- Ford corporate sends me silly mail packages with platitudes, bronco concept sketches', and zero real info.
- My dealer gives me zero real info.
- Only PREMiERdrum gives us the cold, hard truth!

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What makes you think they will unfook these tops 5 months from now? This is an 18 month fix at best
have faith my friend
they have everything in place ( mold , designs ) , whats lacking is the correct mixture of resins . all thats needed is to tweak the numbers,,enlarge the edges of the mold for more resin to fill in .
this is just my thoughts. ymmv
once that is taken care of the production of tops will resume in record numbers.
Granted it is frustrating and a fracas of great proportion but shit happens and I believe ford wants these tops out more that you or I want them on our broncos.
no business likes to lose money & customers & reputation
I'd rather wait longer so it gets done right and I will not settle for a rag top . that is not what the Broncos were designed for . its hard tops / modular or nothing for me .
ford is just appeasing folks with rag tops for the current situation .

Blood_and_Mud

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reading this nonsense, one approach Fire could take would be 0% financing for folks who have stuck it out through this process. It’s crazy that you can get 0-1.9% for Edge/Ranger/etc but many of us are going to walk into our dealers some time in 2022-23 to haggle over financing for a Bronco that may leak from the roof!

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dude! Say it isn’t so! The WildTrak pack is gettin’ thin.
This 2 door Wildtrak orderer is still sticking through this fiasco...just saying a prayer things get better as Lord knows they can’t get worse, right?

Ford Bronco Bronco Production Update From MAP - July 19th 🏭 5A3DCF3C-A4B3-40C6-8906-A60A4B29745E

Sponsored

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I could live with a soft top until such time as a quality hard top was available. If Ford gave me a soft top to keep until the hard top I ordered came through, I wouldn't even need FordPass Rewards. The "extra" top would be reward enough for me.
I’d be all for this 👍🏻

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Honestly... all of you with VIN's and blend dates and build dates... at this point I would be THRILLED if Ford.com actually showed the Bronco I ordered on the "My Reservations" page. I originally picked a Big Bend on 7/14 when I reserved and paid my $100 but I ended up ordering a Wildtrak. Yet when I log in to Ford it still shows a Big Bend and says "In Store Order". C'mon Ford, how difficult is it to update my order and picture? It's the little things...
I still check my reservation page hoping to see a change to this day, I guess that’s the definition of insanity 😅

DANGL3

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4d
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dude! Say it isn’t so! The WildTrak pack is gettin’ thin.
Y’all are definitely going to be diamonds in the rough. I wish Ford had let us put temporary soft tops on our builds til they got this roof issue smoothed out but it seems they’re in denial. Hope you get yours and no issues!
Sponsored