First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So many of you have reached out offering thanks, gifts, and booze to me, but that's not why I'm here.

For those of you looking to show thanks with gifts, I'd ask that you consider making a donation to our Watkins Memorial Band Boosters organization (a 501c3 nonprofit) that supports the instrumental music programs of Watkins Memorial High School. Donations can me made via Paypal send to [email protected]. If you add "Drumline" or "Premier Drums" in the note line, the officers will ensure your donation is set aside for our percussion needs.

Thank you all for your generosity! (Pictured below is our last "regular"[pre-COVID] group of drumline kids, and a blonde me before growing my hair out)

WMDL19.jpg

(Admin was kind enough to approve this idea)
You look much cooler in your profile pic~ Cheers!
Sponsored

dassarkhan

Raptor
First Name
Das
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Raptor, '19 Lincoln Navigator, Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No more huge batches are being held after gate release, and they are working through those who were held. I expect these delays to be completely addressed in the next couple weeks.
[/QUOTE]
@PREMiERdrum This is the answer I've been looking out for! Thank you as always!

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IF I were to get my BL 2dr with MIC top, after documenting with multiple photos my next step would be sealing all top edges with clear silicone sealer, driving the thing, and waiting for a longer term solution from FMC.
(Land Rover Defender and Disco owners are proficient in the use of silicone sealer)
Silicone would be the last thing I would use. Their fix is more likely to be an adhesive or epoxy, and the silicone will prohibit proper adhesion.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Answering a big question that a lot of you are asking- Scheduled builds have not been impacted by top issues (for better or worse). If you have a build week, or even better a specific date, your rig will be built as ordered. Check your MIC top closely when you take delivery and make sure your desler logs any imperfections. I have faith that a fix will be on the way.
Question…
I had a 7/26 build date that became unscheduled a couple of weeks ago and I still have no build date…what can I expect?
Cheers,

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Question…
I had a 7/26 build date that became unscheduled a couple of weeks ago and I still have no build date…what can I expect?
Cheers,
I'd expect yours was likely bumped by roof availability. I believe the plan is to blend these back in ASAP (hopefully August) but can't say anything for sure until the roof situation is stabilized... again.

Sponsored

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Silicone would be the last thing I would use. Their fix is more likely to be an adhesive or epoxy, and the silicone will prohibit proper adhesion.
I agree don't just go spearing bathroom silicone calking into your top!

Your best bet is finding some who does boat building/repair and explain your concern.

Best case he can fix it!

Worse case, at least you'll have product designed for a fiberglass/composite substrate?

I work in aircraft composites and although I'm hoping for a flawless MIC top, I'd almost welcome the opportunity to repair (or do preventative maintenance) just so I can record it and post it for anyone in a similar situation.

But watch they send the one guy who has the tools and experience to fix his to a good top! lol

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd expect yours was likely bumped by roof availability. I believe the plan is to blend these back in ASAP (hopefully August) but can't say anything for sure until the roof situation is stabilized... again.
Thank you Ross, it really does suck getting a date then not, sort of like taking Christmas away! lol 🐴🐴🥌

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
After a year long wait, frustrations, hassles, insecurities and lots of anxiety.... my priority code seems to have.. changed....
Ford Bronco Bronco Production Update From MAP - July 19th 🏭 im

The top is highlighted because we talked about it while I was there about the issues, need for inspection, and how mine was changed from dual-tops and the FordPass points stuff.
But... this made my day. Now, if only my Maverick would switch, too (its still 19.. :()

zebraquick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kia Forte
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks again for your information.

2.3, BD, soft...please let September be the month!

Really enjoying seeing everyone else get theirs and hate you have top issues.

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ross, do you think a 7/22 blend with a 1655 rotation number is in a good spot to be built Thursday even being a 2 door (MIC)?

Are things getting caught up as the week goes or falling back?

Thursday before shutdown has me nervous!

Also you rock sir!

Sponsored

hoss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does it? Because part of the problem seems to be the producibility of the design from the materials specified. If I were Webasto that would be my basis of argument.
I can see that conflict happening but it's a dead-end resolution. As a Tier 1 to an OEM, say I signed up for production when material specs were defined, and I had already pulled several first articles and demo units in my R&D lab. I would be the first to identify and promote process/materials changes if producibilty issues showed up.

Webasto is out there marketing themselves as a materials innovator.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's not my point, why aren't they sitting in the drive way of someone who ordered them. They're hard to fill orders supposedly, but there they are for all to see lol.
Clearly Ford thought it's a better idea to tease the public with test drives of unpurchaseable trucks

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey PREMiREDRUM,
I could not agree with you more about the moaning re. bad roofs, late scheduling, lack of specific build dates and gate holds. There is way more good news regarding the Bronco builds coming out of MAP than bad.
Your suggestion that anyone taking possession of a new MIC Bronco needs to document everything at the dealership is bang on. I have no doubt that Ford will come up with a fix for you, if you document the issues at time of delivery.
These little hic ups will be fixed in due course and we will all end up with a Bronco that we love to drive and thrash.
Really appreciate your insights, they are worth their weight in gold!

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My take - Now I (think) know why the MIC tops were not black. If they were, the bleed thru would be more apparent.

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a question. If someone were to take the pipe and give up the hardtop for now does anyone know how much it is going to cost later when they get straightened out?
Sponsored