Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What they should do is just ship everything with soft tops and ship the hard tops to those who ordered them later once they get them built correctly. Save a lot of ill will and a ton of warranty money later.

Cold_steel

Badlands
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hate to say it, but I asked my dealer to 99 my first evening 2 door MIC order.
I really don’t want to take delivery in the fall/winter in the Colorado off-roading offseason - and I have no news or build date in sight. That on top of these MIC issues that would completely drive me insane have taken me here. I’m absolutely not out of the game, I’m just throwing the towel in on a ‘21. I just hope cyber orange is still a color choice next year!

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But should Webasto have accepted a spec of design and materials that they (the experts) should have known would not be successful?
The job of the salesman Webasto sent to Ford was to get Ford to commit to them as the manufacturer of the hard tops.

Whatever sounded good, regardless of unrealistic the timeline at whatever price would give them the job.

Once the ink dried, THEN it was time to figure out how to do it - and ultimately everyone but the sales rep failed, miserably.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The job of the salesman Webasto sent to Ford was to get Ford to commit to them as the manufacturer of the hard tops.

Whatever sounded good, regardless of unrealistic the timeline at whatever price would give them the job.

Once the ink dried, THEN it was time to figure out how to do it - and ultimately everyone but the sales rep failed, miserably.
a supplier overpromised and bit off more than they could chew? *shocked face*

Sponsored

ApexNCBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
The Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hate to say it, but I asked my dealer to 99 my first evening 2 door MIC order.
I really don’t want to take delivery in the fall/winter in the Colorado off-roading offseason - and I have no news or build date in sight. That on top of these MIC issues that would completely drive me insane have taken me here. I’m absolutely not out of the game, I’m just throwing the towel in on a ‘21. I just hope cyber orange is still a color choice next year!
Just asked my dealer to swap my 7-15 blend that stuck to a soft top. Concern is even if it passed QC these tops won’t last more than 6 months. Doubt they can swap at this point. Quick search and all today news is about these tops and lots of quotes from members on this forum. Hopefully FORD sees this and provide some sort of update to us stuck. Again this is my hope and understand it probably won’t happen

UPDATE: Got a reply from dealer: "Since yours is built, I doubt we can ask the factory to make the requested change at this point, and once a vehicle is VIN assigned we are unable to make changes even before it is built. Ford simply isn't that customer responsive and neither are other manufacturers. I have provided the info that is available to me. Tracking of vehicles, even for dealers, is a bit limited in fine detail. You are making assumptions here without any facts, and apart from the delay in timing, I see no cause for concern. The widespread availability of information results in even more BAD information out on websites and forums and soon there is a crisis for NO reason. We have delivered our first two customer units with MIC and those were fine"

Hopefully the few MIC we are hearing are bad are outliers and FORD has a pulse on the and caught it early which would make more sense than a company of this size. I am probably being hyper alert as I don't have mine so I start to ask WHY and the MIC issues pops up. But looking forward to getting my OBX with MIC and ROOF!

Last edited:

borrek

First Edition
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm a 4-door cyber orange first edition, and I've been in production since 07/15 with a blend date of 07/14. No updates since when the tracker changed on 7/15. I called and all they would tell me was that it was "in production"

I'm not feeling good about getting mine soon. I live 20 miles from MAP, so I'm tempted to knock on doors! :ROFLMAO:

715 in prod.png

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a 4-door cyber orange first edition, and I've been in production since 07/15 with a blend date of 07/14. No updates since when the tracker changed on 7/15. I called and all they would tell me was that it was "in production"

I'm not feeling good about getting mine soon. I live 20 miles from MAP, so I'm tempted to knock on doors! :ROFLMAO:

Ford Bronco Bronco Production Update From MAP - July 19th 🏭 715 in prod
Let's go!!!!
I'm not too far from AA
STORM THE CASTLE!!! LOL!!

XxGearheadxX

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Bronco Production Update From MAP - July 19th 🏭 715 in prod
Might just be the Tracker and notification system lagging a bit... if they did release the batch hold on the units from earlier weeks shipping could be kinda swamped... I know I am being optimistic but might not be the worse case

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Concern is even if it passed QC these tops won’t last more than 6 months.
I agree, and I am equally concerned since I dont have a garage. Is this going to be sitting in my driveway with a tarp for months until Ford has a replacement? Who knows. I am a mid August build, and it seems like they are scrambling to get tops addressed now. I think it may be the demos and early July builds that are more concerning. Could also be why some are currently stuck in production.

Sponsored

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer got an email that there are no Broncos being scheduled this week

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just asked my dealer to swap my 7-15 blend that stuck to a soft top. Concern is even if it passed QC these tops won’t last more than 6 months. Doubt they can swap at this point. Quick search and all today news is about these tops and lots of quotes from members on this forum. Hopefully FORD sees this and provide some sort of update to us stuck. Again this is my hope and understand it probably won’t happen
Dint think there was a way for the Dealer to change an order once a VIN was created.

esquirebdc

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dint think there was a way for the Dealer to change an order once a VIN was created.
Thats what I was told as well. I've got a VIN and production date, and "aren't scheduling Broncos this week" isn't very well defined. Does that mean they aren't doing anything (building, shipping, etc) Broncos this week? Or they just aren't scheduling some for the future that don't have build weeks yet?

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford has made a statement. I am not expecting anything else.

"We continue to build and ship the all-new Bronco two-door and first-ever Bronco four-door both with hardtops and soft top roof configurations. If these couple customers haven’t already reached out to their dealer, we’ll happily help them with their dealer for any warranty-related service."
Sponsored