Sponsored

Bronco Raptor Seats - do you find them comfortable?

pace

Raptor
First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Took delivery of my Bronco Raptor this weekend and overall I have been thrilled with it. After a couple days of driving it around, there is one thing I am noticing that has been kind of annoying. The back of the driver seat, where the center dotted section meets the top block of suede - the top section seems to protrude a bit and pokes me in the back. I am a fairly normal height (5'10"), but just cant seem to find a seating position where I don't feel it. Am I the anomaly here? For those will more miles in the seat, did you find it breaks in?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Took delivery of my Bronco Raptor this weekend and overall I have been thrilled with it. After a couple days of driving it around, there is one thing I am noticing that has been kind of annoying. The back of the driver seat, where the center dotted section meets the top block of suede - the top section seems to protrude a bit and pokes me in the back. I am a fairly normal height (5'10"), but just cant seem to find a seating position where I don't feel it. Am I the anomaly here? For those will more miles in the seat, did you find it breaks in?
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

don't feel bad, I picked mine up in oct. and I'm still making trips to the dealer to get various manufacturing defects fixed....and I'm not even whining about the missing paint in the engine bay....

OP
OP

pace

Raptor
First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
ed mine up in oct. and I'm still making trips to the dealer to get various manufacturing defects fixed....and I'm not even whining about the missing paint in the engine bay....
What issues have you been encountering?

I have been really pleased with the quality of mine - I wouldn't say my issue is a defect so much, it just is what it is and maybe it will get more comfortable.

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have the MGV seats. Just went on a roadtrip, 14 hours one way. I drove straight through, there and back, and honestly, it wasn't terrible. Your back gets a little damp after a bit (I sweat easily, but didn't want to freeze the family out, haha). I have a bad lower back (I'm 35) due to breaking it playing football when I was a teenager, and my back did pretty well.

Sounds like you have the leather seats though, so I cannot comment on them.

Sponsored

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What issues have you been encountering?

I have been really pleased with the quality of mine - I wouldn't say my issue is a defect so much, it just is what it is and maybe it will get more comfortable.
- It came off the truck with a torn boot on the front axle ( had to replace the entire assembly )
- The phone charger doesn't work ( updated the flash but no joy )
- there's a piece of plastic or something sticking out from under the black airvent assembly on the hood ( still waing to hear back from ford on covering repair )
- windows needed to be adjusted (dealer had to open up doors and physically adjust the windows)
- There's large area's in the engine compartment that are primered and not painted although I haven't said anything about that.

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't care to share personal info
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Too much lumbar support that you can't entirely deflate with the leather seats.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just going to ask the obvious; you dont have the lumbar support all the way extended do you?

OP
OP

pace

Raptor
First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just going to ask the obvious; you dont have the lumbar support all the way extended do you?
I messed around with that already thinking that was the culprit; its up a bit higher though at almost shoulder height.

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ours has the blue leather seats and I haven’t noticed anything like that at all. They’re really comfortable to me.

If you can, post a pic of the seat to compare with others.

Sponsored

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I noticed the same thing within the first five minutes of sitting down. I’m much taller than you but feel the same protrusion coming from where the two sections of the seat meet. The best way that I can describe it is that it feels as though I have a sweatshirt hood between my back and the seat.

jred255

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Raptor R, '23 Bronco Raptor, '23 F250
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Took delivery of mine yesterday. Same issue. I know exactly what you're talking about. I have the vinyl seats.
My brother's Braptor had the leather/blue seats and I don't recall the same upper back bulge in the seat. Not sure what to do. Maybe an upholstery shop (do those still exist?) can remove/trim some of the padding.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
In have the MGV seats. I like them, I have spent 10 hours in them several times going to FL or MI.

Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I felt that at first as well after 7000 miles I don’t even notice it

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads