MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Right, so when searching for a post about this before, all I got was a single, unresolved post back in June.

I seem to have the same issue: when pulling ahead from a red light, and turning left, my Bronco decides that it doesn't want to shift from first gear. I see a '1' on the tacho, and hilarity ensues.

And, no, I didn't accidentally press the shifter buttons. I made sure not to get my hand anywhere near the shifter the first time it happened. At first I thought it must've been the case, too, but it happened again only a few hours later, this time with me having to shift it into neutral and back into drive to get it to shift again. Considering the cherries & berries were flashing right behind me, I got pretty embarrassed hitting 4,000 RPM like some idiot.

I'd like to know if this is just some glitch or something, and not indicative of a much larger issue, but who knows...
Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you see a 1 on the dash it thinks you pushed the button or are in manual mode.

If neither of those are true, I’d schedule a dealer appointment. Have them figure it out and post back up for the community.

OP
OP
MEAT_GOD

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you see a 1 on the dash it thinks you pushed the button or are in manual mode.

If neither of those are true, I’d schedule a dealer appointment. Have them figure it out and post back up for the community.
Bronco just loves ruining my payday, doesn't it? Right when I was about to get it some new Diode Dynamics SS3's too...

I'll keep it going for a week or so longer. If it happens again, I'm getting it neutered to the dealership.

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right, so when searching for a post about this before, all I got was a single, unresolved post back in June.

I seem to have the same issue: when pulling ahead from a red light, and turning left, my Bronco decides that it doesn't want to shift from first gear. I see a '1' on the tacho, and hilarity ensues.

And, no, I didn't accidentally press the shifter buttons. I made sure not to get my hand anywhere near the shifter the first time it happened. At first I thought it must've been the case, too, but it happened again only a few hours later, this time with me having to shift it into neutral and back into drive to get it to shift again. Considering the cherries & berries were flashing right behind me, I got pretty embarrassed hitting 4,000 RPM like some idiot.

I'd like to know if this is just some glitch or something, and not indicative of a much larger issue, but who knows...
Just push in the clutch, pull the stick back, and let out the clutch.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sound like a loose ground to me. My temp fix would be to beat the shit out of the shifter then slam it around a couple times. But with all this computer stuff sometimes it’s not what it seems. But if you beat it and the symptoms change, you’re getting warmer.

You’re gonna love the ss3’s when you get them. Great product.

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m assuming you have an automatic trans. GZ is correct from my time driving the Bronco. The only time I see a number on the tach is when I push the side button or drop it into manual. If you are doing neither of these I’d be concerned of having a wire pinched or loose connection in the wiring. I actually had this experience my last recall visit. But I’m my case I looked down and had it in Manual mode 🤦‍♂️.

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m assuming you have an automatic trans. GZ is correct from my time driving the Bronco. The only time I see a number on the tach is when I push the side button or drop it into manual. If you are doing neither of these I’d be concerned of having a wire pinched or loose connection in the wiring. I actually had this experience my last recall visit. But I’m my case I looked down and had it in Manual mode 🤦‍♂️.
I did that…..once
Won‘t happen again 😟

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did that…..once
Won‘t happen again 😟
Ha I like to say that but…. It’ll probably happen again lol.
Sponsored