First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In my old escape the bottom cushion folds forward into the foot well behind the front seats, that then gives you the space to (after removing the headrests) to lean the upright seat backs full forward and flat above the lower seat cushion that is now pivoted down.

takethecannoli

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here is an idea, if there is a crater, could there be a “lid” that covers the crater to create a flush bed?

Sponsored

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have no idea what ”crater” everyone is envisioning...lol. In the old escapes the seat folded pretty much completely flat. The bottom seat tilts forward and into where your feet would go, giving the seat backs room to fold forward. The large plastic hinges would rotate forward too I would hope, disappearing into the floor. I did my best to illustrate....

THESE items are why I could never see myself reserving a spot....I need to see it in the showroom first.

DF542480-D89D-4B4E-9447-808AA7DC3DE4.jpeg

clpray16

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Ford Bronco , Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Pretty sure the slide out tray is one of the 200+ accessories that will be available. What we don't know yet is if it's available for the 2 door Bronco.
I saw someone say that the tray and more importantly the built in bottle opener were standard, but we’ll see

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
from "redline reviews" youtube video:
timestamp round 3:35

Ford Bronco Bronco rear seats do not fold down flat? - they fold down ramp DF542480-D89D-4B4E-9447-808AA7DC3DE4
My 02 Escape rear seat did this if you did not fold the bench forward. May have to slide the fronts forward to get them to fold down and forward.

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The slide-out tray is an optional accessory. The bottle opener is standard as it is punched out of the rear roll bar.
I really hope the slide out tray is standard. All these additional options are getting ridic

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll try to find out more
You sir are doing God's work. To me the area behind the 2-door seats is the most important real estate in the entire vehicle. If its not flat, Bronco's not my ride.

My guess is the seat back folds down and creates a level surface 3"-4" higher than the rear area.

I'm equally happy to remove the rear seat but the mounting brackets seem to preclude a level surface - plus there's the footwell to deal with.

thanks in advance for your clarifications.

gonyr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still not sure sure about how the seats fold. I've seen a preliminary version of the owner's manual, but the section about the seats folding was incomplete. It did mention that the seat bottom cushions flip up (like in the F-150), but I don't think that affects how they fold down. I'll try to find out more.
That makes me pretty confident that they will fold flat. If the seat bottom cushion flips up (and forward), that will increase the depth that the seat back can fold down into. The headrest flipping back is more evidence. No need for that unless it would hit the seat bottom. I don't think it would reach the back of the front seat unless they were pushed al the way back.

I think it will end up a flat surface from the swing gate to the back of the from seats, minus the depth of the flipped up rear seat bottom cushion (and maybe the headrest).

BigAl

Base
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have no idea what ”crater” everyone is envisioning...lol. In the old escapes the seat folded pretty much completely flat. The bottom seat tilts forward and into where your feet would go, giving the seat backs room to fold forward. The large plastic hinges would rotate forward too I would hope, disappearing into the floor. I did my best to illustrate....

THESE items are why I could never see myself reserving a spot....I need to see it in the showroom first.

DF542480-D89D-4B4E-9447-808AA7DC3DE4.jpeg
To me it almost looks like the seat bottoms could withdraw into the floor area there. If not it would be cool if the seat bottoms flip up and there's some storage there

Reactions: BE_

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
it almost looks like...
appreciate the input...but there's several dozen actual vehicles running around; seems like we could find out for sure :)