aman43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the absolutely fold flat and its a design similar to the 4 runner. You have to move the actual part that you sit on first. It moves forward and downwards, resting vertical. Then the seat back folds flat.

1595002949859.png
that doesnt look like the same design at all

and the mounting points for the seat stick out 3-4 inches above the bed

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lol....Like my 2001 FORD Escape....

I‘ll go to the garage and take some pictures....but there is no reason not to have a flat area these days....NOW.....about those rear vents???

Ok I just realized how in need of a vacuuming my Escape needs....this is how my seats work.

Ford Bronco Bronco rear seats do not fold down flat? - they fold down ramp DA23BD9C-CC45-436C-8E71-1D0C57CB2D18

Ford Bronco Bronco rear seats do not fold down flat? - they fold down ramp 9962AAA3-8C1B-4C00-8F27-5FEB34F4448D

Ford Bronco Bronco rear seats do not fold down flat? - they fold down ramp CB66C5D2-2A04-4284-B219-BF43CEE0F7B4

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hm. I'm not super clear as to why the 4-door would fold totally flush to the cargo floor, but the 2-door only folds flat (not flush). It seems to me that in cases where you would ride in the 2-door with the seats folded (and still in the Bronco), it would be more beneficial 99% of the time to have access to a totally flat cargo floor. Why waste the space? Unless there is some glaring design consideration I'm missing that makes it unfeasible.
I think it is because they could not lower the well under the bottom cushion because the rear axle is there. On the 4d the axle is behind the bottom cushion, creating a well for the back to fold into.

That said, they pulled it of in the Bronco II so ???

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a ‘87 S-10 Blazer 2 door
I had the '86 edition in apple red...my all-time favorite vehicle - in part for the features you mention. Kept it as my hunting truck 'till 2015. Hopeful Bronco will fill the hole in my heart :)

Sponsored

aman43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you guys keep comparing it to other vehciles but we cant know for sure until we see it on the 2 door. If ford is watching they need to address this now because im leaning towards a 4 door if the rear "fold flat" seats are at a 30* incline

NorthernBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335xi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
you guys keep comparing it to other vehciles but we cant know for sure until we see it on the 2 door. If ford is watching they need to address this now because im leaning towards a 4 door if the rear "fold flat" seats are at a 30* incline
Good catch. Appears it might be a reflection of the sideview mirror. I take that back. After further review, I haven't the slightest idea what that could be.
Okay so I found out how it works! The little metal piece at the bottom of the seat cushion is a hinge. You pull a strap on the seat bottom cushion, and the bottom cushion pivots forwards on the hinge. You can then fold it vertically so it sits against the front seat back and it occupies the rear passenger footwell area. The rear seat back then folds flat. It is similar to how the FJ Cruiser worked:
Ford Bronco Bronco rear seats do not fold down flat? - they fold down ramp CB66C5D2-2A04-4284-B219-BF43CEE0F7B4

The rear seats do sit about 3-4" higher than the rest of the cargo area, so it isn't a completely flat load floor. But the seats themselves do indeed fold flat.
How does this not answer what you've been asking?

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i think people are not thinking that all the broncos out there right now are pre-production. think of it as alpha/beta software. or a
I heard that the doors are larger in the 2 door, that ls why they wont fit in the back nor were advertised to do so. Not sure how true this is. Maybe @laj.tuxmek could chime?
the doors on the 2 door are longer so they won't fit horizontally in the trunk. if you folded the seats down, i'm sure you can get them in there but it would need some diy to lock them down. i think the 4 door has a way to put them in and lock them down easily in the bags or something.

NorthernBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335xi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
because its not a bronco doing it. Its a completely different vehicle
well, considering he's confirming that's how the seat design works i'm not sure how much more information you'd need? He's clearly been giving us information otherwise not available.

Sponsored

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That’s why I showed my 2001 Ford....err....Bronco Sport 1.0 ....lol

Can we guess and surmise using the same corporation (Ford) at least..lol

I’m sure if they figured out how to take the doors off, they figured out how to fold seats that have been folding for 20 years.

;-)

aman43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
well, considering he's confirming that's how the seat design works i'm not sure how much more information you'd need? He's clearly been giving us information otherwise not available.
i reserved likely a 50k vehicle. I need ford to say it or a picture. Not trying to be nasty. Trying to be SURE

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That is why I would personally never reserve a sight-unseen vehicle....

NorthernBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335xi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
i reserved likely a 50k vehicle. I need ford to say it or a picture. Not trying to be nasty. Trying to be SURE
While i understand, you also only paid $100 to reserve said 50k vehicle, which is also refundable. Not trying to be Nasty, just being realistic.

aman43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While i understand, you also only paid $100 to reserve said 50k vehicle, which is also refundable. Not trying to be Nasty, just being realistic.
well im going to buy a bronco. So if i decide to get a 4 door based on POOR information about the storage , and the configurator launches and i complete the order , and find out later the 2 door DOES have flat seating. Im going to be upset.

The information for the bronco is already on the website regarding the configurator , we are likely days or a week or 2 away from its launch. Tick tock ford.
Sponsored