Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Updated:

For Sasquatch suspension part numbers, see:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-2021-bronco-ride-lift-heights-with-wheel-tire-sizes.17719/

I ordered a non-sas BD. I'm considering just buying SAS springs and shocks from the parts dept to get that little lift and quality damper of the Bilsteins. Looking up the part numbers it's in the ballpark of $1300 which doesn't seem bad at all considering we are seeing leveling kits list for $400.

I'm interested to see who else goes this route and what else might be needed if anything.

Thoughts?

Edit: Here are the part numbers and prices, with sources to show the $$$.
SAS Front Damper - MB3Z-18124-K - $190.92/ea
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-shock-absorber-assembly-mb3z18124k

SAS Rear Damper - MB3Z-18125-K - $211.75/ea
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-shock-absorber-assembly-mb3z18125k

SAS Front Springs - MB3Z-5310-K* - $78.62/ea
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-spring-front-mb3z5310k

SAS Rear Springs - MB3Z-5560-F* - $98.71/ea
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-spring-coil-mb3z5560f

* - I do not know the spring code for a 4 door BD with 2.7 and SAS, so I just picked one. The others are similar in price.

Total = $1160

So less than I priced earlier though different sites. Add Tax and shipping and you are still around $1300. I'm sure some people still won't believe the numbers 🤷‍♂️

Thanks to @North7 for this guide where I got all the part numbers:

Anyone with a 4 Door Black Diamond, SAS and 2.7 please post up your spring code listed on your door jamb sticker.
hamilton1361 has a set with control arms for $1000.
Sponsored

Nolabel

Wildtrak
First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@flip I have noticed some added vibration, which seems to be most noticeable 35-45 mph. Is that just due to the M190 axles and non-sas rack? Or should I be looking at something else?

I rowed through the gears & seems to be consistent not really being specific to one gear or another. Tires are factory balanced & everything is aligned to Ford specific.

Unless there's a bad CV joint or tierod starting to go bad, I'm out of ideas.
This weekend My Bronco started to have a vibration and it doesn't feel like a balance issue. It's most noticeable when on the throttle and goes away when off the pedal. It was much worse going down hill and also on the throttle. I'm going to EJS this weekend and the dealer can't inspect in time. Hopefully it isn't something major. Any suggestions to check would be appreciated.

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This weekend My Bronco started to have a vibration and it doesn't feel like a balance issue. It's most noticeable when on the throttle and goes away when off the pedal. It was much worse going down hill and also on the throttle. I'm going to EJS this weekend and the dealer can't inspect in time. Hopefully it isn't something major. Any suggestions to check would be appreciated.
Bad axle on mine. Goes in Tuesday for repairs. Dealer first told me parts were unavailable with no ETA, but had it on backorder. Magically parts showed up much faster than expected.

I'll know more next week if that resolves the problem.

1649187481_b3b298402cbb974380de5948e63ba664.jpg

1649187466_e1943613386ffcfd2f05b5304f35c350.jpg

Nolabel

Wildtrak
First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bad axle on mine. Goes in Tuesday for repairs. Dealer first told me parts were unavailable with no ETA, but had it on backorder. Magically parts showed up much faster than expected.

I'll know more next week if that resolves the problem.

1649187481_b3b298402cbb974380de5948e63ba664.jpg

1649187466_e1943613386ffcfd2f05b5304f35c350.jpg
Hmm interesting.

Sponsored

Nolabel

Wildtrak
First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not yet. Crawl under your truck and take a look. Do you see any grease on the axles and surrounding area?
I did inspect mine and the boot looks intact but I'm getting a vibration at highway speeds and also noticed it's more pronounced in 4A. I had the tires balanced today and the issue still remains. My service appointment is Friday and I feel they will just end up telling me it's a normal feeling for your vehicle to vibrate under throttle like most ford service advisors end up saying "That's normal for a Ford"

Driving to work it doesn't bother me much but when I was in the mountains it gets bad going down hill and on the throttle the vibration is the worst in that situation.

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did inspect mine and the boot looks intact but I'm getting a vibration at highway speeds and also noticed it's more pronounced in 4A. I had the tires balanced today and the issue still remains. My service appointment is Friday and I feel they will just end up telling me it's a normal feeling for your vehicle to vibrate under throttle like most ford service advisors end up saying "That's normal for a Ford"

Driving to work it doesn't bother me much but when I was in the mountains it gets bad going down hill and on the throttle the vibration is the worst in that situation.
Got the truck back. Axle helped but it still is far from perfect. I'm guessing it's a byproduct of the tires and smaller axles that come on the non-sas models. No idea really what to point to otherwise.

OP
OP
Bigmoose

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got the truck back. Axle helped but it still is far from perfect. I'm guessing it's a byproduct of the tires and smaller axles that come on the non-sas models. No idea really what to point to otherwise.
Unlikely. I have sasquatch coilovers, wheels and tires with the smaller M190 FDU and I have zero issues. Rides like a dream at all speeds.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unlikely. I have sasquatch coilovers, wheels and tires with the smaller M190 FDU and I have zero issues. Rides like a dream at all speeds.
Agreed. I have no ride problems with the stock rims and tires, but my mud terrain tires get a vibration over 80 MPH. Then again, they are M/T's.

landrover

Big Bend
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Bronco Sasquatch suspension parts (shocks & springs) price quoted at $1300 from dealer parts department 1649187466_e1943613386ffcfd2f05b5304f35c350

ETA: If anyone has a factory 2D, 2.3, manual with or without tow, SAS or BL VIN I would appreciate it. Missing a couple combos for my recipe book and I can't look the specific spring/shocks without it.
Catching up on this thread. So cool, thanks for all the work here! I've got the 2.7 auto, no tow package (yet, plan on adding that down the line). Assuming this will be fine for me, but wanted to check! (I'm 2.7 auto Big Bend with locking diff). Going in for a free oil change this week at my local ford, going to put the order in then!

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@RustysBronco

Here are the part #'s.

Front - MB3Z-18198-C INSULATOR - SHOCK ABSORBER
Rear - MB3Z-5K570-C BUMPER

They were on indefinite BO when I put my Bilstein Coilovers together this fall so I used the stops from the Hitachi's. I have not had an issue yet but have not done any extreme off-roading so far. It would be nice to understand what the difference is in the height of the 2 stops.

Good Luck.
Now that you've been running the Hitachi bump stops for a few months, have there been any issues? I'm about to order Sasquatch shocks and springs and it will save me $140 if I can reuse the Hitachi bump stops. Thanks.

BaseBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Now that you've been running the Hitachi bump stops for a few months, have there been any issues? I'm about to order Sasquatch shocks and springs and it will save me $140 if I can reuse the Hitachi bump stops. Thanks.

I have not noticed anything negative in day to day driving.

I don't get many opportunities for high speed bumps/whoops that may show an issue.
Sponsored