First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So has anyone made a list yet of the spring P/N to which model it belongs to?

66U15

Base
First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here is kind of a rough draft, mostly info from this thread.
modelspring #
2-DOORFRONT
2.3, AUT, BLMB3Z-5310-J
2.3, AUT, BL, SASMB3Z-5310-J
2.3, MT, BLMB3Z-5310-J
2.7,, OBX, SASMB3Z-5310-F
2.7, BLMB3Z-5310-K
2.7, AUT, BASEMB3Z-5310-M
4-DOORFRONT
2.7, AUT, BL, SASMB3Z-5310-L
2.7, AUT, BLMB3Z-5310-C
2.7, AUT, OBX, SASMB3Z-5310-N
2.7, AUT, SASMB3Z-5310-L
2.3, BD, SASMB3Z-5310-L
2.3,MT, BLMB3Z-5310-K

Last edited:

Atoledo95

Outer Banks
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey guys,
I called my local Ford dealer and asked them about this like is it possible to do and the technician said yes it’s possible and doesn’t require anything else unless there’s electrical things to add. It’s possible to do but they recommend going with another company or something that already has a system built such as 4wheel parts but I think I’m willing to risk it and do it and see the outcome.

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey guys,
I called my local Ford dealer and asked them about this like is it possible to do and the technician said yes it’s possible and doesn’t require anything else unless there’s electrical things to add. It’s possible to do but they recommend going with another company or something that already has a system built such as 4wheel parts but I think I’m willing to risk it and do it and see the outcome.
You've gotta be kidding me. They recommended something like a 4 wheel parts kit over the sasquatch pieces? Incompetence on the dealers part seems to never end. It would serve them well to learn about this swap and what it entails as it would be a great Ford sourced upgrade for non-sasquach broncos. I shouldn't be surprised anymore though.

Atoledo95

Outer Banks
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You've gotta be kidding me. They recommended something like a 4 wheel parts kit over the sasquatch pieces? Incompetence on the dealers part seems to never end. It would serve them well to learn about this swap and what it entails as it would be a great Ford sourced upgrade for non-sasquach broncos. I shouldn't be surprised anymore though.
Yes that’s what I was thinking. But they said they’ve never done it, at that specific location but they did say might aswell get a kit equipped for it from another brand. Maybe there scared to do it since they’ve never done it. I’ll do a post about it by mid July Im going try to do it by then.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Updated:

For Sasquatch suspension part numbers, see:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-2021-bronco-ride-lift-heights-with-wheel-tire-sizes.17719/

I ordered a non-sas BD. I'm considering just buying SAS springs and shocks from the parts dept to get that little lift and quality damper of the Bilsteins. Looking up the part numbers it's in the ballpark of $1300 which doesn't seem bad at all considering we are seeing leveling kits list for $400.

I'm interested to see who else goes this route and what else might be needed if anything.

Thoughts?

Edit: Here are the part numbers and prices, with sources to show the $$$.
Don't forget the sasquatch-specific bump stops.

Atoledo95

Outer Banks
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Bigmoose i decided to take the plunge and try this out. I have a 4D BD Manual. Found a vin from a 4D Black Diamond Sasquatch with the 2.3L and got the spring part numbers for front and rear. I asked the parts department if the top hat assembly was different between my standard BD VIN and the sasquatch VIN and they said it appeared to be the same. So I ordered 4 new Springs and 4 Bilsteins from Sunrise Ford. We'll see how long it takes to arrive. Plan is to swap out the top hat hardware from mine to the new set up and then Install.
Glad I saw this. Just called Sunrise Ford in Hollywood and got everything ordered. Only $1006 but that’s without labor should be all in by Friday next week. Freaking stoked to put it on my 2dr Outerbanks.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Glad I saw this. Just called Sunrise Ford in Hollywood and got everything ordered. Only $1006 but that’s without labor should be all in by Friday next week. Freaking stoked to put it on my 2dr Outerbanks.
Do it yourself and save the labor cost. It’s not hard and you’ll be glad you worked on your Bronco yourself instead of just paying someone else to do it. That’s half the fun.

Sponsored

Atoledo95

Outer Banks
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do it yourself and save the labor cost. It’s not hard and you’ll be glad you worked on your Bronco yourself instead of just paying someone else to do it. That’s half the fun.
I’m going to need to watch a lot of YouTube videos this whole week. Lol

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There’s one really good video that’s been posted here several times. I think it’s actually for a spacer lift, but it shows the easy way to do it at home by removing the two rear bolts on the LCA.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After off roadeo I wish I had a sasquatch.. But I think I'm going to wait to see how much the Ford Performance 2" lift is when it comes out in 2059

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do they come assembled? That’ll make all of the difference on if you DIY. The video is from Stage3.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do they come assembled? That’ll make all of the difference on if you DIY. The video is from Stage3.

No, he bought just the shocks and the springs, so he'll have to put them together with some of his current parts. I priced out all of the parts to create a "swappable" unit of the badlands Bilsteins and the total was close to 2k so it's a decent difference in cost if you don't reuse some things.
Sponsored