indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would have thought the EcoBoost was better, but I guess they have some work to do to get to best in class fuel mileage:
B2D5DAC3-7F68-477C-9C8C-FA4D7B862C41.png
If similar to that graphic, I could get 25mpg highway with Bronco base manual, I'd be pleased.

Also there is significant weight difference between Bronco base 2-door and loaded Sas 4-door. It's going to come with a penalty, in terms of mpg, performance (acceleration), and handling.
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If similar to that graphic, I could get 25mpg highway with Bronco base manual, I'd be pleased.

Also there is significant weight difference between Bronco base 2-door and loaded Sas 4-door. It's going to come with a penalty, in terms of mpg, performance (acceleration), and handling.
So my JKUR sticker said 15 city / 19 hwy. A steel bumper, slider bars, and 2” bigger diameter tires later plus 3-1/2” higher windage and I average something like 14 to 14-1/2. (100k miles ago and before mods it was like 16.) 19 is what you get coming down the mountain burning high octane.

Net experience: expect a lot closer to the low number on average.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

you ever notice the only people who complain about gas prices are the same ones who drive poor MPG vehicles?:rolleyes:
So based on that theory my 25 mpg is considered poor? Because I know I bitch alot about gas prices, and I don't see why most people don't when they go up? Oil companies make Billions in profit every quarter and yet gas prices jump higher every time a camel sneezes! What's not to complain about?

jeep364

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep WK
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2.3 non-sasquatch 4door highway driving moderately conservatively 20+ I'll take it. I expect 2.7 on highway to be almost the same. Rest I don't care about. In town mileage is always going to blow.

Reactions: abe

Sponsored

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So based on that theory my 25 mpg is considered poor? Because I know I bitch alot about gas prices, and I don't see why most people don't when they go up? Oil companies make Billions in profit every quarter and yet gas prices jump higher every time a camel sneezes! What's not to complain about?
Outliers exist in every data set and data analysts throw them out; which is what I will do with your comment :ROFLMAO:

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My minivan is averaging 18.1 miles/gallon over the past 2500 miles

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Kinda expected those numbers, but I am sure there will be those people that say "this is 2021, a bronco should get good gas mileage". I say that cause I have already heard that crap before. It's a vehicle made for off road and people think they will get prius mileage. If you don't like the mpg then cancel your reservation cause all the bitching in the world won't magically increase the mpg

Sponsored

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kinda expected those numbers, but I am sure there will be those people that say "this is 2021, a bronco should get good gas mileage". I say that cause I have already heard that crap before. It's a vehicle made for off road and people think they will get prius mileage. If you don't like the mpg then cancel your reservation cause all the bitching in the world won't magically increase the mpg
The "Prius mileage" thing is a bit ridiculous. Nobody here is expecting 30+MPG from a Bronco. I think most would be happy with anything 20 or above, at least for highway. Yes, it's an "off-road" vehicle, but it's also 2021. If people can exceed 15mpg with a carb-fed 289ci V8 from the 60's, I feel like it's not too much to expect higher mpg from a direct-port injected turbo 2.7L v6 (which would be ~165ci) produced in 2021.

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agreed. Everyone should be happy with these numbers. Elated even, especially because the tank is about 20 gallons.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Darn it, goofed that one up. Hey maybe Ford can hire me as a website/info Rockstar.
I mean, the way some folks lose their shit here, it could be either...especially, when mpg (specifically 12mpg) is mentioned.
Sponsored