K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It reminds me of when i had a Wrangler, and somebody I’d meet would say, “Oh! I have a Jeep, too!” Then she’d show me her Liberty.
This is because Jeep is a Brand not a model....

You have a Ford, I have a Ford too! Is the same thing as someone shows you their escape vs your bronco lol. But if someone says "You have a Bronco, I have a bronco too!" And shows you their explorer it would be incorrect.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hopefully it changes with time as more of them hit the road but having been involved for a while now (and painting with a broad brush) I can Say that the 6G Bronco owner crowd as a whole is the whiniest, most elitist and insecure crowd I’ve ever been a part of and I’m on A LOT of special interest group forums
Lol,thought it was just me noticing this. Posting pics of their porsche and lambos next to their broncos in their garage. Definitely an elitist vehicle for some reason.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can we also go back to calling it camping,of course its over land its a freaking car.
Problem is people who "overland" don't always camp. They will drive down some dirt back road and then be "overlanding". I miss the old camping days

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I would have preferred naming such as Bronco II or Escape Sport or Escape Wilderness.

I had a Bronco Sport Badlands while I waited to get a Bronco. It's a great little SUV. If you watch some videos I think most will be surprised how good a BS Badlands is off road, it would more than cover what 99% of Bronco owners will ever do.

It seems to be far better built and more reliable than the Bronco. :(

Sponsored

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know the bronco sport is more capable than it looks, and someday I may even buy one, but that doesn’t mean I can have a little fun with it.
I had heard Ford was coming out with the bronco but it wasn’t like I was following it or knew much about it.
In January of ‘21 there was an ad from the local dealer that they had a bronco. Wife and I went to check it out and was surprised it was so small, and citified, not what I was expecting at all.
Salesman said if you want a real Bronco you’ll have to make a reservation. That’s what started us on the Bronco adventure.

BigMex

Badlands
First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 White Ford Bronco (moar door, 7spd, lux)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WRONG.
My Badlands Moardoor’s preferred pronouns are Bronco Flex/Manvan. Some of us have friends, and don’t alienate others with elitism…
🤣🤣🤣

Seriously, I’ve said it elsewhere: my full-size Bronco is an amazing, sexybeast that I wouldn’t trade for anything… and I’d be lying if I said the two-door isn’t objectively more elegant and beautiful than the four-door.

I’m thankful Ford made the full-size four-door Bronco, the value-priced two-door Halfco, and the Sport. I’d love to see them add an F-150 based rig or a Broncotized van model to the Bronco family.

Rock your rig and party on, sisters and brothers!

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nope. Just probably good marketing. Just like the Mach E.
The Mach E nomenclature is actually Ford Mustang Mach E and true (if you believe me) story is when Ford announced ced thet were halting ALL sedan and coupe production other than Focus andustang they could not reneg on that promise and name the Mach E a Taurus, or even a Galaxie, Crown Vic, you name it. It came down to two traditional vehicle names. Focus or Mustang or .........Bronco-E

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

WRONG.
My Badlands Moardoor’s preferred pronouns are Bronco Flex/Manvan. Some of us have friends, and don’t alienate others with elitism…
🤣🤣🤣

Seriously, I’ve said it elsewhere: my full-size Bronco is an amazing, sexybeast that I wouldn’t trade for anything… and I’d be lying if I said the two-door isn’t objectively more elegant and beautiful than the four-door.

I’m thankful Ford made the full-size four-door Bronco, the value-priced two-door Halfco, and the Sport. I’d love to see them add an F-150 based rig or a Broncotized van model to the Bronco family.

Rock your rig and party on, sisters and brothers!
Expedition (or Explorer) Timberland already exist.

I find it sad that over the last 15 uears or so until the Maverick as an example trucks have been getting bigger and bigger and BIGGER for what reason other than using up the planet. Ranger is as big as a 2000 F150. Colorado is as big as my 78 Silverado was. In the 90s I picked a Durango over an Explorer due to size differential when moving from a Cherokee (which I called a Jeep)

Unless you are hauling a big asset trailer who needs a RAM 4 door for 1 person commute

Sponsored

Jonny way

Everglades
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I’m with you on the naming.
Hey @Ford Motor Company i know you like the letter “E” for SUV’s. What’s popular today is something called an Overlanding rig. How about you change the name of the Bronco Sport to……..

EVERLANDER

(copyright @Bikeric 02-25-2023). I will sell the copyright of EVERLANDER to Ford for a 2023 Bronco Raptor, with less than 50 miles, and a Full Lifetime Warranty.
Too late...https://www.youtube.com/c/Everlanders

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

WHICH ONE IS A FORD ESCAPE?
D9ED25B2-AB39-45FD-90B7-A1DF67EB8B73.jpeg

TRICK QUESTION! THEY ALL ARE!

OP
OP
RELEGATION BATTLE

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bronco II is perfect for the Sport. And it allies with history.

The 4-dr is an interesting case too, as it also is technically NOT a Bronco. I think maybe Bronco XL would be fitting.

At least with Bronco II and Bronco XL there would be more differentiation, hopefully less confusion, and more of a consistent symmetry with the brand’s history. And in the end, Ford could still use the name “Bronco” in all 3.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is like the Bronco vs Bronco II discussions that were occurring back in the 1980s all over again.

(And of course now people forget about the Bronco II naming controversy and want the Bronco Sport called Bronco II.)

---

In my opinion... I sitting here looking at the modern Chevy Blazer and quickly realize we really have nothing to complain about.

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I was waiting for my Badlands, telling everyone about it, one of my coworkers said, "Gee why is it taking so long to get yours? My neighbor got one a few months ago. Looks like a nice car! Much smaller than I expected tho."

<faceplam>
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.