Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Curious on people’s thoughts on the sport? I want a full size bronco more than anything, but am realistic that it may be awhile considering I don’t even have an order, and cannot afford the high end trim levels that are available at dealers. I am 6 5 and drive a Kia Optima, so I want something a little bigger ASAP. Need it to fit a car seat, and am thinking a sport might be a good hold over vehicle for a couple years.
Sponsored

Nosferatu

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a Subarau type of car alternative. My Sister & BIL have one and it's a decent vehicle. Works for them and their 2 young kids.

It was purposely misnamed by Ford to invoke feelings and/or mislead the casual consumer, rather than let it stand on it's own merits, which is unfortunate.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great little cars. Some nice features the big boys don't have. (it is an escape, you know) I'd only get the badlands with badlands package. Bigger motor, full size spare.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious on people’s thoughts on the sport? I want a full size bronco more than anything, but am realistic that it may be awhile considering I don’t even have an order, and cannot afford the high end trim levels that are available at dealers. I am 6 5 and drive a Kia Optima, so I want something a little bigger ASAP. Need it to fit a car seat, and am thinking a sport might be a good hold over vehicle for a couple years.
Have you sat in a Sport?

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Great little cars. Some nice features the big boys don't have. (it is an escape, you know) I'd only get the badlands with badlands package. Bigger motor, full size spare.
With it just being an Escape I'd go that route with the ST package that's more road and personal lux oriented. If the OP really plans on taking it on a trail or two I'd buy a Subaru over a baby bronco any day.

Sponsored

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drove a bronco sport for a year, got it when they first came out and no I didn’t think it was the real bronco. I knew it was different vehicle with different capabilities. I honestly wasn’t even interested in the bronco sport and thought it was a chic car. Dealer offered big bucks on a Raptor trade in so then I bought the sport as I would be saving the tax and the sport was at 0%.

For my personal and business use that little sucker was legendary in my book. I go to beach often only accessible with 4x4 or AWD and that thing cut thru sand easily, in most sand it’s better than the Raptor cause the sport is much lighter is my guess. I would pull a trailer with heavy equipment and scaffolds often and never struggled not even going up and down hills with that weight. Great gas mileage too. Always have to off road on construction sites with all sorts of terrain and conditions.

Took it to a 4x4 adventure park here in T X and even when I went down the wrong way meant only for motorcycles and ATV’s that thing made it thru somehow. Got wheels off the ground often and my gf thought she was gonna die. 😂

From limited experience with Bronco at off roadeo only then yeah it’s definitely more capable on serious trails. Just depends what your intended uses currently are.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As soon as my wife retires, relatively soon I am buying the Bronco Sport in the same cactus gray and the same trim line of Big Bend. My local dealer has one and is listed at $34k.

Last edited:

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The other half wants a Sport, I'm pushing for the Maverick... more economical on every front and everything she needs... But she wants a Sport and the same argument could have been made against me getting my BD :ROFLMAO: heck if I was being my usual number crunching self I would have just went with 2 Mavericks for the cost of my BD lol :geek:

As soon as my wife retires, relatively soon I am buying the Bronco Sport in the same cactus gray and the same trim line of Big Bend. My local dealer has on and is listed at $34k.
Sounds like something I would want to do if they made a Black Diamond level sport lol though the other half would definitely not want CO

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My chick has a badlands sport. It’s basically a Subaru…..she loves it, but she always loved her Subarus. Just don’t expect anything truck or suv like cause it’s not that.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco Sport Badlands is extremely capable for what it is… in many ways more capable than the Base full-sized Bronco—which is similarly priced. This is largely thanks to the dual clutch rear axle that acts almost like a locking differential.

I would absolutely take a Bronco Sport Badlands, snap a lift on it, and go have fun.

The rest of the Bronco Sports (Base, BB, OBX) are very similar to other SUV/crossovers that are aimed at the “outdoorsy” crowd. Think Subaru Crosstrek type of vehicle. All are good but they don’t really stand above the rest.
Sponsored

Last edited: