Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond Sasquatch MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a Bronco Sport Badlands that I will be trading in when my Black Diamond arrives (hopefully this week). I've never been rock climbing in it but it has been great for light to moderate trails. Good storage capacity with seats down for taking my camping gear. Sits higher and with its boxy shape has a much more rugged look over the Escape. There are some features in the sport that I am going to miss:

• 110 Volt outlet in the cargo area
  • Storage under the passenger review seat
  • Better interior lighting especially in the cargo area
  • Air vents in the rear
  • Cup holder in the rear
If I would advise anyone who is interested in the Sport then only look at the Badlands trim.
Sponsored

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I like the Bronco Sport Badlands, but for almost the same money you can get a Bronco basesquatch

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the Bronco Sport Badlands, but for almost the same money you can get a Bronco basesquatch
Nah, Basesquatch is like $45,000 once you add a hard top and bash plates (with the BS Badlands has). And thatā€™s a Base trim with no real ā€œcomfortā€ features. Granted itā€™s a very capable vehicle, but itā€™s still a base trim.

Bronco Sport Badlands starts around $39,000ā€¦ and thatā€™s already an upper trim vehicle, with access to all of the top-trim comforts.

The price of a Bronco Sports Badlands is closer to a Base 4-door hard top (non-Sasquatch) than it is to a Basesquatch.

Edit- Fixed pricing, I'm a dummy.

Last edited:

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious on peopleā€™s thoughts on the sport? I want a full size bronco more than anything, but am realistic that it may be awhile considering I donā€™t even have an order, and cannot afford the high end trim levels that are available at dealers. I am 6 5 and drive a Kia Optima, so I want something a little bigger ASAP. Need it to fit a car seat, and am thinking a sport might be a good hold over vehicle for a couple years.
Save yer money(?) just get an Escape. Same vee-hick-el, less hype.
I've got a few friends with Escapes and they're fairly happy.

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nah, Basesquatch is like $45,000. And thatā€™s a Base trim with no real ā€œcomfortā€ features. Granted itā€™s a very capable vehicle, but itā€™s still a base trim.

Bronco Sport Badlands starts around $37,000ā€¦ and thatā€™s already an upper trim vehicle, with access to all of the top-trim comforts.

The price of a Bronco Sports Badlands is closer to a Base 4-door (non-Sasquatch) than it is to a Basesquatch.
$41.7k for a 2dr basesquatch, $43.8k for the 4dr. $39.5k for the BS Badlands

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$41.7k for a 2dr basesquatch, $43.8k for the 4dr. $39.5k for the BS Badlands
Ohhhh, yes youā€™re right, my bad.

On my spreadsheet from awhile ago I was adding on the hard top and the bash plates to the Base Bronco to make it most similar to the Bronco Sport Badlands I could. I also still had the 2022 Bronco Sport pricing in there. (For awhile I was toying with the idea of getting a Bronco Sport Badlands and sticking a lift on it, so I had a bunch of spreadsheets price comparing.)

Disregard, Iā€™m a dummy. The price of a Base 4-door hard top is still closer to the Bronco Sport Badlands than the Basesquatch is though.

Last edited:

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have not yet, so being a tall guy I donā€™t even know if Iā€™d fit.
You'd fit, but not very comfortably. The sport is a great vehicle, but it's not great if you're as tall as you are. You should go sit in one and you'll then see. Good luck!

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I bought a ā€˜22 Badlands Sport from Granger when Zach offered them at 6% below invoice (33k) while I patiently wait for my 2 Door. Itā€™s not terribly big inside but thatā€™s the only negative but then Iā€™m getting a 2 door so it doesnā€™t really bother me personally.

For those that think having a Subaru with a CVT over the Badlands with a 8sp tranny is a better idea, Iā€™d say drive one first before making that statement. The Badlands is not the same as an Escape. I have an Escape, there is no comparison when it comes to its 4 wheel drive system. Itā€™s a great little SUV but might be tight if you plan on having people in the back. I was planning on trading it in when (if) my two door ever gets here but have decided Iā€™d keep it. Itā€™s a perfect upgrade from the Escape.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ummm ford gotta stop the naming crap..4door mustang wtf? They should have named this a Bronco II to go along with the ā€œthingā€ they produced back then.
enjoy, not for me.

Jayhawker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Iā€™ve liked the Bronco Sport for the 4 months Iā€™ve had it. Traded my Maverick for it, and Iā€™ll likely trade the Sport if my 2 door base ever gets built.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As much as I want to hate on the sport, I can't, it's a better daily driver and has tech capabilities that the full size Bronco never got... So, it's not as capable off-road, but it is the better on road vehicle and has a reasonable amount of light off-road capabilities that can be good enough for stop-gap use. It even has better interior features than the full size Bronco.

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With it just being an Escape I'd go that route with the ST package that's more road and personal lux oriented. If the OP really plans on taking it on a trail or two I'd buy a Subaru over a baby bronco any day.
Never recommend a Subaru to anyone....what's the matter, do you hate the guy??

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I bought a ā€˜22 Badlands Sport from Granger when Zach offered them at 6% below invoice (33k) while I patiently wait for my 2 Door. Itā€™s not terribly big inside but thatā€™s the only negative but then Iā€™m getting a 2 door so it doesnā€™t really bother me personally.

For those that think having a Subaru with a CVT over the Badlands with a 8sp tranny is a better idea, Iā€™d say drive one first before making that statement. The Badlands is not the same as an Escape. I have an Escape, there is no comparison when it comes to its 4 wheel drive system. Itā€™s a great little SUV but might be tight if you plan on having people in the back. I was planning on trading it in when (if) my two door ever gets here but have decided Iā€™d keep it. Itā€™s a perfect upgrade from the Escape.
You can still get a Crosstrek with a manual but that's about it. Last Subaru I had was a manual Forester followed by a manual Impreza RS both many years ago. No CVT thrills me but the Outback is allot of car for the money helps that I like a station wagon.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Never recommend a Subaru to anyone....what's the matter, do you hate the guy??
I've had a few with no issues but yes, know they have plenty. So far this Bronco rollout hasn't instilled my confidence in Ford either so we'll see.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a Sport Big Bend. Was supposed to be my hold-over vehicle until my big Bronco came in. Thought I'd have it for a couple years. My big Bronco came in unexpectedly a year early. Had to trade the Sport in on it, after 9 months of owning it.

Drove nice, I really liked it. Went on one trail ride (nothing serious), during the winter, used Slippery GOAT. Did very well, kept up with a Bronco Black Diamond. I think you'd fit fine in it.
Sponsored