Sponsored

svtpickemup

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150 FX4, 2002 Jeep TJ, 2009 4Runner Sport, 2016 Mustang GT, 1995 Ford Lightning
heres how it is:

Was going to buy a new Mustang GT in the end of 2017, I put it off because the Coyote was going to be offered for 2018.
Then they announced the Bronco,that got my interest.
Been waiting and waiting and waiting.
Almost pulled the trigger on a new Mustang last spring. Had financing lined up. The sales unit was trying to sell me cars with options I didn't want,they went beyond the order cutoff date so no Mustang.
My old pickup I use on weekends is shot
So back to the Bronco. I do not want another pick up.
Its been one disappointment after another with Ford introducing the Bronco.
The new Bronco seems to fit the term SUV now the problem is what its going to turn into in a couple short years. What I see from most people is they really want something else and their buying habits will influence Ford to water down the Bronco to nothing in a few years.
Ford has earned a bad reputation in the last 20 or so years for canceling the good stuff or promising good stuff and never coming through.
The Coyote has been in the Mustang GT since 2011.
Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

MardiGrasTexan

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Don't have grand kids. Thats why I'm getting a two door bronco with rear seat delete or its getting thrown out, and if i did have grand kids they would know enough to respect their elders
I want a nice looking dashboard, not a screen in the middle of everything, I don't want necessary complication in a utility vehicle.I don't live in my car or eat in it and try to do everything in life at the drive through.I rather have a place to put my gun than a cup holder.

There are more elegant solutions to that stupid screen. after a few years of it being subjected to sunshine when the top is off, sand etc whats it going to look like?
Why don't you just buy an original 1965 Bronco? Sounds like the 2020 Bronco just isn't your cup of tea. Heck, I'm positive you could still get your hands on a horse and buggy combo. You know, without all that tech stuff. ;)

svtpickemup

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150 FX4, 2002 Jeep TJ, 2009 4Runner Sport, 2016 Mustang GT, 1995 Ford Lightning
Thereā€™s been 3 diff gens of it though, w/ ā€˜18 being first year of gen3
Well aware. I owned a 2011 and now own a Whippled 2016 GT. Also have a 2012 Coyote F150.

My point was he said he didn't buy one in 2017 because they were going to put a Coyote in the 2018. He made no mention of different generations. And from what I've gathered, I'm not sure he knew different generations existed or what the differences are.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
*Logs onto forums Monday morning..
*Sees more negative/assumption posts about a vehicle that hasn't been released publicly yet

Ford Bronco Bronco start up welcome screen animation video 1583159135375
So, I heard from a guy who's brother's college roommate's ex girlfriend's step-sister's bio-dad's uncle once bumped into a Ford Engineer who claimed that the bronco is not going to have door handles at all, everything will be touch/proximity sensor to pop open. and the hood latch is electric. So if the batter dies to you have to use some special tools to pull the entire body off the frame so that you can get to the battery! Dang this new fangled technology! (At least you don't have to remove a tire though......dodge.)

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well aware. I owned a 2011 and now own a Whippled 2016 GT. Also have a 2012 Coyote F150.

My point was he said he didn't buy one in 2017 because they were going to put a Coyote in the 2018. He made no mention of different generations. And from what I've gathered, I'm not sure he knew different generations existed or what the differences are.
I took it to mean that he was waiting due to the updated mustang front fascia (which was an improvement imo) and the new gen, but, could be either, you're right. I do think he should probably just go buy a '66 Bronco and call it a day.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I heard from a guy who's brother's college roommate's ex girlfriend's step-sister's bio-dad's uncle once bumped into a Ford Engineer who claimed that the bronco is not going to have door handles at all, everything will be touch/proximity sensor to pop open. and the hood latch is electric. So if the batter dies to you have to use some special tools to pull the entire body off the frame so that you can get to the battery! Dang this new fangled technology! (At least you don't have to remove a tire though......dodge.)
Also, Ford is really teasing us. Yes, the Bronco is IFS... but they have a trick up their sleeve. Who needs SFA for rocks when you have the hovercraft feature built in. Instead of driving over them... we will float over them! *Queue the Back to the Future music.*

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why don't you just buy an original 1965 Bronco?
....or maybe even a '57 Chevy? Might be possible sooner than you think. One of the presumed benefits of CAD/CAM and process automation is making 'small-batch' manufacturing economically feasible. I'm not talking about the hand-made EBs available not for $200K - I'm talking about pricing in line with current Fords/Chevys.

The "Low Volume Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Act" may in fact make all that possible. Its moving at a crawl currently - but momentum could change. One aspect is the regulatory requirements are very different than what Ford currently contends with.

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Its a car. we should have a choice.Ford should listen to a demographic that actually buys and drives their vehicles. There are ways of meeting the mandates without wrecking the interior. The Bronco is supposed to be a SUV not another mall roach.
No, why would a car manufacturer spend millions of dollars on a new interior for the 5 people that would buy it, it's stupid think that a car manufacturer should cater to the less than 1% rather than the extreamly larger majority.

Sponsored

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You forgot roommate haha

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How is Ferris these days anyway?

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Iā€™m kind of pissed the rumored manual is a 7 speed, and the shifter is on the floor. Back in the old days we only had three forward gears and had to shift on the column. What is the world coming too?!? /S

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, why would a car manufacturer spend millions of dollars on a new interior for the 5 people that would buy it, it's stupid think that a car manufacturer should cater to the less than 1% rather than the extreamly larger majority.
Because bland catch all McBroncos with the same set of features that a dozen other vehicles already have (including a few of Ford's) is what will draw potential buyers into the dealership. Everyone knows that. /s

People are drawn to Raptors and Wranglers but that's not necessarily what they drive home. Bronco doesn't need to be another bland grocery getter to serve a sales purpose.
Sponsored