Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

hey - Amazing stuff
Is there a comprehensive list / google spreadsheet of all recalls my year & model?
Mine is getting unwrapped at the dealer and I think I should ask if they did X, Y, Z

OP
OP

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

hey - Amazing stuff
Is there a comprehensive list / google spreadsheet of all recalls my year & model?
Mine is getting unwrapped at the dealer and I think I should ask if they did X, Y, Z
Unless you know someone at the dealer you trust, or a member here, the easiest way is:

There might be some pirated versions out there but the only EASY way to get a REAL Ford service manual (the same info the techs use at the dealer) is to go to Helminc.com and pony up $300 for the manuals on USB drive. The other option, which I've used for several years, takes some time and effort but it costs about $20.

Go to www.motorcraftservice.com

Pick USA / English
Register for an account (it's free)
Once logged in go to Service Info.
You'll see "All Vehicle Lines for model year 1994 to current" and on the right you'll see "Term".
Change it to 72 hours.
Pay the $21 or so for 72 hours of FULL access.

Then you can access the documents to the FULL service manual for your Bronco (and any other Ford since 1994) including Electrical and simply print them to PDF and save them on a computer / usb drive.

It's a bit cumbersome, but I was able to do get all the info I wanted saved in an hour or so.

$21 versus $300+

This gets you the service manual and access to the latest info for any vehicle you have the VIN for (recalls, SSM, TSB etc etc).

John94

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Black Diamond Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've got the dreaded A-pillar leak (as well as a number of other bullshit)
Issue is that I have an after market hard top, and I am fairly certain they will say the top is at fault and refuse to fix it.

Note that I also have a soft top, and got the same leak with the soft top. Its absolutely the factory seal that is mounted to the top of the bronco windshield

Sponsored

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've got the dreaded A-pillar leak (as well as a number of other bullshit)
Issue is that I have an after market hard top, and I am fairly certain they will say the top is at fault and refuse to fix it.

Note that I also have a soft top, and got the same leak with the soft top. Its absolutely the factory seal that is mounted to the top of the bronco windshield
Borrow a hardtop from a buddy, bring to dealer, then return hardtop when done? 😂

fwk727

Big Bend
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Big Bend; 21 F-150; 11 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My BigBend was early one. Built Jun29, 2021. Found a TSB for whistle noise over 70 mph. Repair is change our mirror cover. BUT my dealer is being coy because the TSB says vehicles built before Jun23. Those TSB are not real precise.

jdawg

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas/65Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was just at the dealer last week for a couple things, one being the window rattle and wanted to have them do SSM 50711 to try to address it. However, I was told that SSM 50711 was removed from the SSM list. I have no reason to not believe this as that they showed me what they were looking at (Professional Technician System... idk.. ford thing). They thought that it might be due to a new one coming out or the current one being ineffective. Has anyone run into this or heard of a replacement SSM/TSB for this? I didn't care when it was winter... but now the rattle is once again annoying.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just at the dealer last week for a couple things, one being the window rattle and wanted to have them do SSM 50711 to try to address it. However, I was told that SSM 50711 was removed from the SSM list. I have no reason to not believe this as that they showed me what they were looking at (Professional Technician System... idk.. ford thing). They thought that it might be due to a new one coming out or the current one being ineffective. Has anyone run into this or heard of a replacement SSM/TSB for this? I didn't care when it was winter... but now the rattle is once again annoying.
I’ve about had it with the run around I’ve been getting from a local dealer. Window rattle is one of my issues.

Supposedly there is, or was, a TSB for window rattle but it did not apply to the 2023 MY. I can 100% confirm that my 2Door’s windows clack alarmingly when partially rolled down…and that’s on the street not offroad.

The tech didn’t want to preform the adjustment because the time Ford allowed / paid for was not worth their time and was ignoring my service guy’s request. At that point I asked for the GM, and ended up chewing out the service Manager.

That was Friday, they’re supposed to call me today…..my faith is very low.

I’m also waiting on a back ordered driveshaft but that’s another story.

Sponsored

Genjuro

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting exactly the same run-around right now as my car is at the dealer. They are telling me that 50711 doesn't apply....even though the issue is painfully obvious.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve about had it with the run around I’ve been getting from a local dealer. Window rattle is one of my issues.

Supposedly there is, or was, a TSB for window rattle but it did not apply to the 2023 MY. I can 100% confirm that my 2Door’s windows clack alarmingly when partially rolled down…and that’s on the street not offroad.

The tech didn’t want to preform the adjustment because the time Ford allowed / paid for was not worth their time and was ignoring my service guy’s request. At that point I asked for the GM, and ended up chewing out the service Manager.

That was Friday, they’re supposed to call me today…..my faith is very low.

I’m also waiting on a back ordered driveshaft but that’s another story.
I'm getting exactly the same run-around right now as my car is at the dealer. They are telling me that 50711 doesn't apply....even though the issue is painfully obvious.
Can confirm that Ford has removed SSM 50711. I have no idea why, but it is no longer listed for any Bronco. I do not see any updated bulletin at this time for the same concern.
Regardless, dealers do not need an SSM to perform a window adjustment, so they should still attempt to repair the concern.

Genjuro

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got the call back and they are going to work with the adjustment point to attempt an improvement.

With any luck my window will stop bouncing around like a pinball when going over bumps while trying to get a little bit of outside air.

jdawg

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas/65Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Regardless, dealers do not need an SSM to perform a window adjustment, so they should still attempt to repair the concern.
Because there was no SSM. The dealer reproduced the rattle, on a new Bronco, and said it is common. This is the way it is. Work not performed.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Because there was no SSM. The dealer reproduced the rattle, on a new Bronco, and said it is common. This is the way it is. Work not performed.
There was an SSM, it’s just since been removed, so I’m not sure what you’re talking about. Just because new Broncos have the same issue doesn’t make it normal.
Sponsored