First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There’s an entire lot of them for sale here in Danbury CT.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered one and am told it will be delivered in November. Not sure I believe the timeline but it is very comfortable, capable and fits my use case.

70E79DA6-E7CB-4787-AB9C-2F8200867F9E.jpeg
And less expensive than a Braptor.

You will enjoy it. Turning radius sucks and it sucks fuel since it weighs much more than a Bronco

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And less expensive than a Braptor.

You will enjoy it. Turning radius sucks and it sucks fuel since it weighs much more than a Bronco
The upside of that weight is the IRS section 179 deduction although they have limited it to $30k for 2024.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Watchin Tyler's video on it really made me more impressed with the Grenadier. To the point I would like one, but I cannot afford it based on how much of a PITA it would be for me to service it. But pretty cool none the less.

Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not impressed. It has two teenie hatches above driver and passenger for 100k. It seems like someone tried to hard

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

looks like the new replacement for the “look at me, I’m trendy” G Wagon club.

Summit981

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman, MINI GP2, MINI Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I own a factory-ordered 2022 Bronco Badlands, non-SAS. But I’ve also crawled over and under a Prototype 2A Grenadier and even in that “not ready for market” prototype-mode, I was impressed. The Grenadier was lovingly designed and built by hard-core enthusiasts and it shows inside and out. I would definitely consider owning one in the future.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's neat, I think it's cool and glad it's on the market.

With that said, a 1999 Ford Ranger 😍 turns my crank A LOT more than this thing ever will. Probably says more about me, than the Grenadier 😂

bikesandguitars

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak, ‘22 Tundra TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I own two of them. A Queens Red Trial Master and a Scottish White Field Master. They’re phenomenal. Time will tell if they’re reliable but since they’re using the same BMW B58 engine that Toyota chose to install in the Supra along with the well tested ZF transmission, I’m not too worried. Honestly, when I walk the car lots these days and see what I can get for $80K, the Grenadier seemed like a bargain.
You only live once. Enjoy every sandwich.

Sponsored

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It certainly has a nice spec list and should be plenty capable if they purged enough Land Rover reliability out of it.

I'm actually looking forward to all these other vehicles so we can go back to Bronco people being the only ones in Broncos instead of all those that must have the flavor of the month.
It's my understanding there are zero Land Rover OEM components in it.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's my understanding there are zero Land Rover OEM components in it.
You are correct. The offer to LR to buy all the tooling was rejected. Front axle scratch designed by renowned manufacturer of farm tractor axles

bikesandguitars

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak, ‘22 Tundra TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's cool, but has a lot of shortcomings and not the killer vehicle this review would have you believe.

Is it cool - yup
Is it perfect- nope.

The exterior looks - love!
Interior - made for small people who hate technology and comfort.
It's designed to be an overlander, not a Moab rock crawler, so with that said, I see absolutely zero benefit to having a solid front axel and also consider it a huge fail.
Tow and cargo - outstanding
Some very clever utilitarian designing went into it.
I feel like some of the sacrifices with the Bronco are a bit much, for the price the Grenadier is just far too much.

I was following this for a few years before they were made, I love the story, I love the comeback, I just feel like it falls short of what I would have wanted.
Im 6’2 - 235 and fit is great. My youngest is 6’7 / 240 and the Grenadier is one of the few cars that gives him headroom and allows him a full windshield view without touching the headliner. The rear seats in the Grenadier are stadium style - they sit higher than the front. The Grenadier is actually more spacious than the Bronco.

The Grenadier’s Recaro buckets are much more stout and supportive than my Wildtrak seats - which were also perfectly fine. But the grenadier is on Lexus level with the interior.

As it’s not made to be a convertible with removable doors, the Grenadier feels far heavier and much more solid than a Bronco - it weighs over 1,000 lbs more. Also, the solid axle lends to the more planted feel in the Grenadier. The Bronco feels very sports car-ish in comparison.

The Grenadier is perfectly capable of being a rock crawler. It has aggressive approach / departure angles, skid plates front and rear, it’s able to be lifted, etc., It also has a recirculating ball steering system is more sturdy as opposed to the rack and pinion with IFS employed in the Bronco. The Bronco’s advantage for ground clearance is the use of portal axles as opposed to the beam axles on the Grenadier. I think my Wildtrak had a whopping 7 or 8 inches more clearance on 35’s vs the 33’s on my Grenadier. . Although, the Bronco’s portal axles can lend to some severe leverages and may be a factor in the frequent tie rod issues we hear about. I’ll leave that to the engineers.

I‘m in the process of acquiring the parts to lift my Trial Master. I’m sure it will be sufficient for the trails I like in Moab and around my backyard.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I recommend watching Trail Recon's video about the Grenadier. The video is objective and informative about the vehicle's strengths and weaknesses, including off road performance.
Sponsored