First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey all! Between the PR disaster thread and the GOAT mode explosion thread, let me ask for some guidance. I have washed cars my entire adult life, but never really considered how to do it well. Recently, my wife bought me an electric pressure washer with soap attachment that I use in conjunction with a sponge. But on my Dark Blue Titan I can't seem to avoid water spots and swirl marks.

So what advice can you give me on my Cactus Gray Bronco? How should I best go about washing it?
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Vacuum/clean inside first. Then wheels with their own brush and towels. Spray down the entire vehicle to remove as much debris as possible. Then two buckets to wash, using one to rinse the mitt (with a strainer). Then top to bottom (roof, then hood, top of doors, then bumpers and bottom of doors). Use a foam cannon. Touch the vehicle as little as possible. If available, use a small/clean leaf blower to dry/accelerate drying.

Wax or seal it to protect as much as possible.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know this doesn't fit your pressure washer, but I never use them on any vehicle. Not saying they are bad or good.

I wash my vehicles with the 2 bucket method. 2 buckets, one with soap water and the other with just water. One microfiber mit or cloth and regular sponge for tires and wheels. Wet vehicle down and get hard stuff off. Use microfiber to wash a section at a time. Dunk mit into just the water bucket and wring it out, to get most of the dirt and crud out of it, then re dunk into the soap bucket and repeat.

For drying, I use a Shamwow ( don't laugh, they work ) to get the surface dried, then go over it with a microfiber cloth to lessen any chance of water spots.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I’m not lazy, I use a large microfibre drying towel. I’ve also seem some folks use a leaf blower lol.

I have also used some detailing spray afterwards, once it’s all clean and dry. Gets rid of some of the water marks or other small imperfections.

That being said, I plan on washing my Bronco (eventually!) with my standard 2 bucket wash to keep the grit to a minimum and likely won’t hand dry it too often. It’s an off-road vehicle… Not as concerned as I was with my Camaro SS or other sports cars. Just want to keep the swirls down the best I can.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It’s an SUV. Drive through a shallow creek and call it a day. 😁

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

in addition to the above guidance. I also use the Pro Aqua water softener connected between the house faucet and the power washer...It makes a big difference. If you have a black vehicle, I would also recommend ceramic vs wax. It contains SiO2. It's hardness is crazy and creates a layer of air on the surface so dirt, grime, and yes water doesn't stick...

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dont use a pressure washer. I use Optimum no rinse car wash. I also put a wax on a couple times a year. Ive found Ford's paint chips super easy so I like all the protection I can get.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Don't wash it. Mud and dirt are badges of honor!

Axxlrod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You guys must have a lot of time on your hands.

I have a monthly unlimited pass at my local car wash. Free vacuums to use also.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I cover the vehicle with soap from the foam cannon and it let it soak for a minute, then rinse with the pressure washer to remove the big stuff first.

Then a 2 bucket wash with grit guards in both buckets and a clean, soft wash mitt. Foam cannon used again for additional lubricity while washing.

Dry with clean, soft microfiber in conjunction with a detail spray as a drying aid to reduce water adhesion and provide additional lubricity while drying.

There's a loooot more to it if you really wanna get into it. The best advice would be to spend some time on actual detailing boards, or r/autodetailing if you're on reddit.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You guys must have a lot of time on your hands.

I have a monthly unlimited pass at my local car wash. Free vacuums to use also.
Most carwashes I've seen that offer subscriptions are a brush style wash, which is fine if you like completely destroying your paint.
Sponsored