Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

did you have a reference source for the Area 51 color, other than the micro-swatch from Administrator's post last week?
No, unfortunately not, only the small patch as a sample.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BuckWildOffRoad

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don't see it on the online configurator ? Any photos of it?

LorenzeTorres

Badlands
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/ 2002 BMW M3/ 2016 BMW M2/ 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's a rendering that looks similar to yours. These nuggets were mined by Motor Trend via some artist on the FSB forums. This article was recently posted, but to us here this is old news. I didn't care too much about the content till I saw the renderings.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-ford-bronco-paint-colors-leaked-revealed/

This tells me:
1) He/ she took yours as a base and modified it
2) Or the artist is unaware of your renderings and came up with this on their own
If this is the case then this leads me to believe that this is close to what the actual truck looks like because more than one person came up with a similar concept.

There's something with this rendering that resonates with me. It feels like the design is recognizably Ford. I get flashbacks to seeing when the original Raptor debuted thinking "wow, they're producing a truck that looks like a concept".

Ford Bronco Bucked Off-Roads Concepts (UPDATED!) IMG_9806

Ford Bronco Bucked Off-Roads Concepts (UPDATED!) IMG_9807.JPG

Ford Bronco Bucked Off-Roads Concepts (UPDATED!) 2021-ford-bronco-spy-photos

Lastly I want to add that the renderings above and Moaoun's have similar design cues. The front bumper on the blow image is very Raptor x Ranger x Bronco R-esque. Everything above the bumper is pretty consistent with everybody's recent work. *If you squint hard enough you can see the silhouette/ proportions of the Bronco R.
Ford Bronco Bucked Off-Roads Concepts (UPDATED!) 96BB76B8-6146-4785-BB24-65193D5AB822

Last edited:

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's a rendering that looks similar to yours. These nuggets were mined by Motor Trend via some artist on the FSB forums. This article was recently posted, but to us here this is old news. I didn't care too much about the content till I saw the renderings.

This tells me:
2) Or the artist is unaware of your renderings and came up with this on their own
If this is the case then this leads me to believe that this is close to what the actual truck looks like because more than one person came up with a similar concept.

There's something with this rendering that resonates with me. It feels like the design is recognizably Ford. I get flashbacks to seeing when the original Raptor debuted thinking "wow, they're producing a truck that looks like a concept".

IMG_9806.jpg

IMG_9807.JPG
This render looks great, but I wonder if it should be in it's own thread. Then again, I guess it's relevant here to the extent it may have been cribbed from BuckedOff.

It's also possible that this render was based off one of the "spy" pics we've seen. BuckedOff has stated that he based his render proportions off of a spy pic, so that could explain the similarities.

Lastly [as I put on my tin foil hat] , seconds after Lorrenz posted this, [banned site].com when down. (looks like it's back up now). Wonder if this render struck a nerve at Ford?

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This tells me:

IMG_9806.jpg

IMG_9807.JPG
Hmmm. seems interesting that U725 gives it a thumbs up.... the same U725 that has insider information? Got the wheels spinning now!!

And I do agree... very similar to @BuckedOff-Road 's render..

And as @Paint mentioned, the wheel wells should be round..too much to consider here.

LorenzeTorres

Badlands
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/ 2002 BMW M3/ 2016 BMW M2/ 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We know, as a fact, that the wheel arches are round.

If you can't even get that right, why on earth would I put ANY stock in the rest of your image? You can't even get the known parts correct.

*edit*....NOT directed at @BuckedOff-Road

Agreed, but with the reveal so close you gotta leave a little to the imagination. With Moaoun's renderings I noticed that there are little details (like overhang on the roof or those terrible FJ style mirrors) that don't add up even though the spy photos show that those are not accurate to what we've seen. I think these artist MAYBE "sandbagging" their designs. You can't be showing your opponent your finishing move at the beginning of the match.

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We know, as a fact, that the wheel arches are round.
Just to play devil's advocate, do we really know that for a fact? The prototypes are heavily camo'd and could be hiding the true shape of the wheel arch, and the Baja R had semi-squared off (?) arches. Also, the original Bronco had more squarish openings, so it would be in line with the heritage.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey @BuckedOff-Road , I do believe you are famous now... Just found a Reddit post about your render!! Favorite Render

And they call you a she?!?!?! Hmmm, guess I had you mis-pegged... silly to assume .. sorry.... i think..... Now I'm all confused!! Someone just show me a Bronco already!!!
Sponsored