First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/ 2002 BMW M3/ 2016 BMW M2/ 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just to play devil's advocate, do we really know that for a fact? The prototypes are heavily camo'd and could be hiding the true shape of the wheel arch, and the Baja R had semi-squared off (?) arches. Also, the original Bronco had more squarish openings, so it would be in line with the heritage.
I don't think this is the case but!!...

What if Ford is pulling a fast one on us. Here's a spy shot of the Mach-E test mule. We now know the back end doesn't look like that, but it really confuses your imagination. The Bronco mules have similar padding on the roof and front end.
Ford Bronco Bucked Off-Roads Concepts (UPDATED!) unnamed

OR

If they pull a Chevy on us with the C8 test mule. A complete WTF. When I saw this reveal I felt like I was done dirty.
*insert Peter Parker putting on his glasses meme here*
Ford Bronco Bucked Off-Roads Concepts (UPDATED!) Chevrolet-Corvette-Holden-VE-Commodore-Ute-Test-Mule-1001x565

But seriously I think these are extreme cases. I feel like were close to seeing the real deal
Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What if Ford is pulling a fast one on us. Here's a spy shot of the Mach-E test mule (harkens to the Ranger mule for us).
Ford Bronco Bucked Off-Roads Concepts (UPDATED!) Chevrolet-Corvette-Holden-VE-Commodore-Ute-Test-Mule-1001x565

OR

If they pull a Chevy on us with the C8 test mule. A complete WTF. When I saw this reveal I felt like I was done dirty.

But seriously I don't think these are extreme cases. I feel like were close to seeing the real deal
The frankenrangers are the equivalents to those test mules.

Remember, right before the Mach E reveal we saw this:

Ford Bronco Bucked Off-Roads Concepts (UPDATED!) ford-mach-e-spy-photos

Then this:
Ford Bronco Bucked Off-Roads Concepts (UPDATED!) download

So I'm really hoping we see the "vinyl wrap over the real body work" version soon.

LorenzeTorres

Badlands
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@BuckedOff-Road sorry for hijacking your thread. I figured that this is an appropriate place since these are design oriented post and possibly based of your work.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just to play devil's advocate, do we really know that for a fact? The prototypes are heavily camo'd and could be hiding the true shape of the wheel arch, and the Baja R had semi-squared off (?) arches. Also, the original Bronco had more squarish openings, so it would be in line with the heritage.
The tarped image that Ford put out forever ago AND the camo prototype trucks running around have rounded wheel arches.

OP
OP
BuckWildOffRoad

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hey @BuckedOff-Road , I do believe you are famous now... Just found a Reddit post about your render!! Favorite Render

And they call you a she?!?!?! Hmmm, guess I had you mis-pegged... silly to assume .. sorry.... i think..... Now I'm all confused!! Someone just show me a Bronco already!!!
Not sure why or where they got she from... I've posted pictures with my wife and baby before, I am definitely a guy... hahaha.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not sure why or where they got she from... I've posted pictures with my wife and baby before, I am definitely a guy... hahaha.
Yeah I thought I remembered those pics... but that person stated twice that you're a chick... sorry, but if the Internet Says It, It must be TRUE!!

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I thought I remembered those pics... but that person stated twice that you're a chick... sorry, but if the Internet Says It, It must be TRUE!!
That's funny because it seems like Reddit refers to every person (singular) as "they" (plural), even when they know the person's gender.

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The tarped image that Ford put out forever ago AND the camo prototype trucks running around have rounded wheel arches.
Forgot about the tarp. Good catch. The prototypes could have cladding that changes the look of the arches. I think you're right (hence devil's advocate comment), but I'm kinda hoping for a *slightly* squared off look.

OP
OP
BuckWildOffRoad

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

No, honestly you're right. The reveal hasn't been official yet. Now based on the ones we have seen in "leaked"photos and by the accounts of "eyewitnesses", I feel pretty sure that they will infact be round. Truthfully I am not sure why every other artist does boxed arches. I try to be accurate based on known/reported facts. My latest render is a 1:1 based directly on "leaked" photos. I go for accuracy whenever I can...

LorenzeTorres

Badlands
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Posted the 4 door R mule at the same angle as the renderings for reference.

Not taking any sides here, but when I study the older 1960's-70's Broncos their wheel arches aren't completely rounded. They have flat/ square-ish tops. I wouldn't be mad either way the production comes out, but just some observations based on past designs. If Ford is going 2005 Ford GT or 2005 Mustang route where they pay homage to their predecessors I'd imagine they'd heavily consider the shape of the arches of the past trucks as these are important elements of the whole look.

At the same time the squared off tops are very Jeep like and perhaps they are trying to stray away from that?

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What if Ford is pulling a fast one on us. Here's a spy shot of the Mach-E test mule. We now know the back end doesn't look like that, but it really confuses your imagination. The Bronco mules have similar padding on the roof and front end.
Ford Bronco Bucked Off-Roads Concepts (UPDATED!) download
That's a Hyundai or Kia, not a Mach E prototype.

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Posted the 4 door R mule at the same angle as the renderings for reference.

Not taking any sides here, but when I study the older 1960's-70's Broncos their wheel arches aren't completely rounded. They have flat/ square-ish tops. I wouldn't be mad either way the production comes out, but just some observations based on past designs. If Ford is going 2005 Ford GT or 2005 Mustang route where they pay homage to their predecessors I'd imagine they'd heavily consider the shape of the arches of the past trucks as these are important elements of the whole look.

At the same time the squared off tops are very Jeep like and perhaps they are trying to stray away from that?
I was hoping for squared off tops, but it looks like we’re confirmed round openings.

Deleted member 2346

No, honestly you're right. The reveal hasn't been official yet. Now based on the ones we have seen in "leaked"photos and by the accounts of "eyewitnesses", I feel pretty sure that they will infact be round. Truthfully I am not sure why every other artist does boxed arches. I try to be accurate based on known/reported facts. My latest render is a 1:1 based directly on "leaked" photos. I go for accuracy whenever I can...
I believe the squared arches are a result of the BroncoR

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs