Sponsored

Can’t believe these 2 vehicles used to resemble each other.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm lamenting what Chevy did with the Blazer because the K5 and other full-size Blazers were awesome. Seems like they should have stopped producing a "Blazer", and given this new vehicle a different name.

Jeep is way ahead in numbers, I still see about 20 Wranglers on the road for every Bronco I see. But I think Ford is doing some serious catching up the past 6 months or so. The articles reporting sales numbers are not accurate of what is to come, because Bronco sales / volume have been tied down by production issues, but that seems to be improving a lot lately.
The question is, are those Brand new, 21/22/23 jeeps or an amalgamation of 20 years of continuous production?

It's hardly an indictment on ford and the Bronco that they havent' been able to match 20 years of production in only 3.

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I may have been wrong about fwd on the gto. I thought the Holden Ute was a pretty cool vehicle which I saw a ton of while visiting Australia in 2012. Sort of a modern day 1960’s Ford Ranchero.
I would have definitely bought one. They were all queued up to bring over and then the Great Recession killed Pontiac. Got my G8 new for $27k with 0% interest rate so that didn't suck though. Best vehicle I've owned, hope the Bronco replaces that thought, after 1 year well on its way.

C00TER

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just don’t understand what Chevy was thinking with the Blazer. Why keep the name Blazer while morphing it into a purely on-road vehicle?

I’m biased but I think Ford won this round.
Ford Bronco Can’t believe these 2 vehicles used to resemble each other. 1673593122661

Ford Bronco Can’t believe these 2 vehicles used to resemble each other. 1673593122661
Pretty sure the blazer was intended to compete with the Bronco sport
But I could be wrong 🤔

Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I liked the little jab Ford put into the teaser trailer, If it's going to be called a Bronco, it better be able to live up to the name

The question is, are those Brand new, 21/22/23 jeeps or an amalgamation of 20 years of continuous production?
It's hard to tell because they all look the same. Am I looking at a brand new Wrangler with
aftermarket lift kit/wheel arches/stickers/rocker panels and poorly-aimed factory headlights,
or a decade-old Wrangler with
aftermarket lift kit/wheel arches/stickers/rocker panels and poorly-aimed aftermarket headlights?

Last edited:

VNVET

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I remember when the Chevette came out. I thought, Wow, cooL, another vette. Then I saw it and was like, WTF 🤣🤣😂😂

Bronco_Skillz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Broncoman23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base

It's hardly an indictment on ford and the Bronco that they havent' been able to match 20 years of production in only 3.
Of course Jeep is ahead in numbers , they have been in production for 60 years. Jeep has well earned legacy and it will remain popular for that reason, but Bronco is a compelling choice especially of value how it drives on pavement.

Sponsored

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The state of Michigan tells me the Bronco is a station wagon. :rolleyes:
My insurance has that beat, they call my Bronco a "bronco sport wagon", same with my JK is called a "sport wagon". Bean counters eh...

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Blazers from the past
Ford Bronco Can’t believe these 2 vehicles used to resemble each other. 20221014_162948
Ford Bronco Can’t believe these 2 vehicles used to resemble each other. 20221014_163008
Ford Bronco Can’t believe these 2 vehicles used to resemble each other. 20221014_162812

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, I was like...didn't we already do this one?
Probably 20 times. I think B6G has officially run out of things to talk about…
Sponsored